DINOSAURS Now streaming on Netflix.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Wow, Earl was kind of an asshole. I didn't realize as a kid but he was pretty much a complete dick to his entire family.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
I remember I liked that show when it was new, but I don't recall the humor enough to guess if it holds up after twenty years.

I hate to rewatch something and find out I was a complete douche for liking it.

So, how does it hold up?

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
I remember I liked that show when it was new, but I don't recall the humor enough to guess if it holds up after twenty years.

I hate to rewatch something and find out I was a complete douche for liking it.

So, how does it hold up?
Like I said before, you kind of realize that they are trying to be dark with the humor. I appreciate the effort. It's not wildly funny, but it holds up pretty well. I mean, if you have kids you'll probably enjoy watching it with them.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I'll give the show this, They knew how to fucking end the show.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I loved this show..I still use quotes from it in life..probably the best was on a motorcycle accident where the driver went head on into a tree. My gallows humor kicked in since it was an obvious death. The drivers name was Tim. I apparently uttered loud enough for the state police and fire fighters near me to hear: "Guess we're gonna need another Timmy." Everyone cracked up. I know, I am a sick fuck.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Totally holds up:

"Ask me about my day."
"I don't give a damn about your day...nothing that happened in your little day is going to impact how I live the rest of my life."
"Oh yeah? (Shows dinosaur egg on counter)"
"That better be breakfast."

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
"No matter how low you are in this world, as long as you have a family to come home to, well, they're lower."

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Meh. We all know how smart I am. So have your fun, mortals.

:icon_cool

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Wow. I didn't realize this as a kid. This show is fucking hilarious.

"Okay, so I've got a broken wife...what do you do if your car is broken?"

I don't care if dinosaurs don't have cars. That is fucking hysterical.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I haven't seen this in years but I do remember an episode where organized religion was really pilloried when Elder Dinosaurs in an attempt to better control and rule society created a religion based around a Magical Space Potato that created all life and forced them to follow absurd "Dictates" that were mockeries of the 10 Commandments. That show had a lot of balls for a family show.

Yeah, they ended the series with Dinosaurs grossly exploiting the Earth for profit to a point where their tragic flaw results in Extinction Level Event nuclear winter...

Big, ballsy downer.

Nov 7, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
I saw a guy at a gast station recently who had the baby and the Dad dinosaur tattooed on his calf. He had to have lost a bet a long time ago or something!

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
I truly believe that the anti-drug episode helped give birth to my cynical sense of humor. They had the standard anti-drug episode, then did the Growing Pains style "break the 4th wall" ending where the older son talks to the viewing audience. The thing is, all of the workers on the show behind the cameras were portrayed as dinosaurs, and the message he gave was pretty much "We're only in our second season and we're already doing an anti-drug episode. Please stop doing drugs so that you won't have to watch any more stupid anti-drug sitcom episodes like the one we just made." It was a total mockery of something that was always portrayed as such a serious issue to kids. I was just blown away.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Just watched the first full episode about sexual education in school with dancing as a stand in for masturbation and sex acts. Was great. Main character Robbie goes to a "dance club" with an akylosaurus Andrew Dice Clay (OH! ALL EPOCH LONG! ALL EPOCH LONG!) and Robbie goes...

Robbie: "Isn't purchasing dances grossly immoral and offensive?"
Ankylosaurus Dice: "No! Taking the most intimate acts we can engage in and assigning cash values to them is what separates us from the animals!"

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
Totally forgot about this show, watched like 5 mins with a friend yesterday....I didn't miss much haha