Direct TV listner QUESTION

Mike

Oct 16, 2001
Jersey
Is there a way to take a DVR recording of the O&A show and get it onto an Ipod?

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
yup.
so long as your PC has an audio in connection.

hypes

Flying over your heads
Sep 23, 2004
Iowa
Yes...if you:

A ) have a hacked DirecTiVo (one of the older, non-DirecTV branded ones, the R10 one is unhackable last I checked...)
B ) have a way to take the TyStream (TiVo's proprietary format) off the DirecTiVo and place it onto another computer
C ) have a program to re-encode the TyStream into an mpeg stream then another program to rip out the audio from the mpeg stream and encode it into a <insert format of choice here> file

So in essence, yes it is possible...

If what your really asking is a step-by-step, infalliable, easy to use instruction manual on how to setup and do this, tough shit. I don't have the time to write one..and I don't have the ambition or monetary incentive to do so either. And on top of everything else...you have to be pretty Linux saavy to setup half this stuff...so it isn't the easiest of things to do...let alone script it so it's done automatically. If you want the mp3's that bad, may I suggest Audible?!??

Just sayin'

-h

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
torrents are even easier

aahpandasrun

No longer endangered
Oct 18, 2006
Farmingdale, NY
torrents are even easier

True, but if you record off XM Online it sounds a lot better, and it's in stereo too. Plus, you can get it faster than waiting for someone to put it on the newsgroup and then for someone to download it and torrent it.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
The aforementioned site has the show up less than an hour after it's over. And it sounds good.

Pappagiorgio

Feb 3, 2006
Audio out from DTV box to computer's line in...use your favorite freeware audio program to record the show.