OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

"Disabled" firefighter now fighting in a cage.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Josh_R, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

This dick makes $75,000 TAX FREE for the rest of his life because he is too disabled to work.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/he_beating_the_system_V4MHAtqaCYh1DeuzX8PCDL

2. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Ugh... I can just imagine how many jabronis are pulling this scam... firefighters, EMTs, cops... I'll bet there are hundreds of them.

3. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

fuck him, hope he breaks his neck in practice never to be heard from again

4. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

tss tss yeah maybe he should tapped out or sumthin tss tss

5. mikedirt

mikedirt Douche Bagalow

I thought retard strength from the thread title

6. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

LOL, I don't think they let them be firefighters.

7. Ego

Ego The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head

It took doctors to make the determination about such things. He might have snowed them some getting the PTSD diagnosis, but it is a lot different being in that smoke and flame on a regular basis than it is to do what he is now, and I imagine the doctors were totally erring on the side of caution. That pension is a bit ridiculous though. The city might be allowing that to take place in order to avoid the shitstorm that would have come with lawsuits if they had just let them go outright.

Still, if they're gonna pay him that, he should be doing something for a few more years. They should be on some kind of retainer to pull special duty, like equipment maintenance at his firehouse, cutting down walls to get fat fucks out of their houses when they die or need medical treatment, or doing the fire safety speeches at elementary schools so the other guys can work. Hell, if he was devoted to the cause, he could be donating his time to a volunteer fire company somewhere. They're always in need of people who know what they're doing.

8. jules

jules uppity taxpayer

imo- this guy is playing the system. i have zero proof, but from what i read, he found a steel lined out and took it. maybe there is more to the story, but i can only go on what ive read in this article.
    real problem with this is that ther are ALOT of first responders who legitimately have health issues that pretty much make their lives hell, but they cant get anything even remotely close to what this guy has. thats not his fault, but it doesnt give him a pass.

9. Creasy Bear

Donator

Another dipshit who did ground zero clean-up work without a respirator. And this is a NYC firefighter... not some Guatemalan day laborer. Not that I buy into his "lung disease" bullshit for two seconds.

Every bit of this is bullshit. There are a million things you can do as a firefighter that don't involve running into burning buildings.

Assholes like this guy are just pissing on the graves of the firefighters who died in the towers.

Fucking disgraceful.

10. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan She A Great Big Fat Person?

The Workers' Compensation system is filled with people like this. You want to know why it costs $100k to hire a $35K a year roofer? Workers' Comp scams. The laws in Comp are ridiculously tilted in favor of these clowns.

11. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

I've seen police officer candidates at the academy with asthma inhalers. Maybe because of the smoke he can't work as a fireman due to the asthma. But having controlled asthma doesn't mean you can't be a police officer. From what I understand it does have to be very mild, and controlled though.

12. OAarchive

OAarchive Banned

Well I noticed you said "police officer candidates" and not "I've seen cops."

13. Creasy Bear

Donator

Both of this jindaloon's "ailments" are "because I say so" conditions.

It's easy enough for a doctor to give somebody a pulmonary function test to how well their lungs are functioning. And anybody who is competing in an MMA sport at a high and competent level... trust me, their lungs are working just fine. I guarantee you this scammer's health complaint isn't "I can't breathe"... I'll bet it's more along the lines of, "I get real coughy when I smell smoke... I really do... honest injun."

Same goes for the PTSD... it's a "take my word for it" condition. All you have to do is give the correct answers to some shrink's questions, and bingo, you got your comp case. Anybody willing to do a few hours of homework can find exactly the right answers to give during a PTSD evaluation.

PTSD. :icon_roll Ugh... what a fag. You stood on a rubble pile for a month, ya fucking drama queen. It's not like you did a tour in Iraq getting shot at and watching your friends get blown to bits by IEDs. Piss on those soldier's graves while you're at it, Baron Munchausen.

14. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

There is a reason why most workers' comp cases are filed on a Monday

15. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Perhaps more than that

16. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

No, they do make it out of the academy. Of course this is the regular police academy for the state of Nebraska. The graduates out of there end up in rural towns and sheriff's departments. The hiring standards are pretty pedestrian. I saw a 400lb guy go through the academy in Grand Island that had been hired to be an officer in a town of 500 people. Nice guy, but I wouldn't count on him to have my back if I got into a foot pursuit and needed backup.

17. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

How much do you want to bet that the guy who entered the force with asthma will get a disability rating when he leaves the force with the same case of asthma? I think the problem here is not that the guy is lying, it is that the union-approved medical review board is approving disability status for everything, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Imagine what would happen if you were the one politician that proposed that maybe not all of the heroic and brave men and women of NY's fire and police department should get a disability check. It's one of those situations that is political suicide to attempt to fix.

18. lockjaaaaww

lockjaaaaww All out of Bubble Gum.

Hopefully his next cage fight is in a thunderdome. That will teach him, two men will enter but only one will leave.

19. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

And it fucks things up for people who are legitimately incapacitated.

20. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Update:
    http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...itted-fraud/FdBrHF5WagwNJdMvHXd3EI/index.html

21. LastDeadMouse

LastDeadMouse WWRBD?

How is that even possible? How would he even be able to stand or write?

22. Ego

Ego The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head

The MMA guy's claims sound more legitimate than the bodybuilder jerkoff. His retirement package is a bit ridiculous, but if he legitimately tried to stay on, and was told to leave anyway, he's more deserving of whatever it is that they felt was necessary to give him, even if it sound/looks like hush money to avoid a bigger lawsuit. Bodybuilder jerkoff can suck some firehouse dick. They wanted to give him an easy job he was fully capable of doing with the limitations he was deemed to have, and he shit on it. Fuck him and whatever he stands for.

23. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I agree that the biggest problem in this case is not the MMA guy. He brought up legitimate medical issues to the review board, and the board ruled that he was too disabled to work. It said he tried to keep his job. I guarantee that the medical review board is approved by the firefighter's union, and that there are probably shitloads more guys with similar "disabilities" that didn't protest to keep their jobs.