Disappearing Car Door.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i kind of think thats cool it took me 5 or 6 playings to figure out how it was done, theres a lot of work and money involved with that.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Guess it doesn't have side impact airbags

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Bump

What a sweet ass sweet invention.

I found the company's web-site that does this.

http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

They have a video on the main page that shows a lot of practical applications for it.

Dissapearing Car Door web-site said:
The original inventors and designers of the exciting Disappearing Car Door technology are now in a position to equip your favorite car with our cool, sexy, safe and convenient automatic car door or design an original vehicle body incorporating this unique technology.
Our vehicle architecture offers an attractive rethink for car design and adds greatly to overall vehicle safety including our structural reintegration of the door with the unibody and our cruciform car door frame technology.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
What do you do if your battery is dead?
any one that builds battery dependent cars usually will install a second deep cycle battery to run accessories and will have an easy access + terminal some ware on the out side of the car, or as in my case i install a nice plug either under the front bumper or under the rear bumper in an inconspicuous place, and on the race cars its right out in the open right near the master disconnect

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
At least you wouldn't have to worry about getting your door torn-off while parking on the street during heavy traffic and trying to get-out between passing cars.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
we had a Buick station wagon (1974 model, I think) when I was a kid that had a door similar to that on the back. The glass would go up in the roof and the bottom door would go down under the floor.