Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Anyone else liking this?

Radioguy

Aug 25, 2002
NYC
I can't place it, but I swear Luci is based on some demonic depiction in antiquity somewhere. Damn, he looks so familiar.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I didn't hate it, but it seemed lazy and uninspired. Whoever picked the name "Elfo" needs to be throat punched with a locomotive.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I've watched a few episodes. Enjoying it so far.

One complaint I have is the voice work. It's not bad but it could be better.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

It grew on me. It's not so much ha ha funny, but I like the characters and the relationships. I'm glad it's renewed.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Also Making Murderer 2 seems disliked all around. Serves you right.

Radioguy

Aug 25, 2002
NYC
Thought the first thing when I first saw it, then they grew on me after a few episodes. Some are obvious like Billy West, but even Eric Andre and Abbi Jacobson work.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Anyone else think this show could have worked as live action production? The only character I don't really like is the King. The guy voicing this character is over-used and it's distracting because I keep associating it with other shows. It's the main reason I can't watch Bob's Burgers because Bob is exactly the same voice as Archer.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Anyone else think this show could have worked as live action production? The only character I don't really like is the King. The guy voicing this character is over-used and it's distracting because I keep associating it with other shows. It's the main reason I can't watch Bob's Burgers because Bob is exactly the same voice as Archer.
Yeah, that was my main voice problem too. That's the guy who did the Bender voice, correct? It seems really familiar from something else too.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Yeah, that was my main voice problem too. That's the guy who did the Bender voice, correct? It seems really familiar from something else too.
He's also Jake the Dog from Adventure Time.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I don't think it would have worked as well as a live action production. There is something about the fluidity of animation that suits this universe well. With Game of Thrones or LotR, live action works because it's a lot more serious and slow and EPIC, but the easy-going speed of the show makes animation perfect. Besides, with all the extensive CGI that would have been needed to build the kingdoms and make Luci and possibly even Elfo, it would have been heavily animated anyway. I like how it's a genuinely rich fantasy world (and I'm not even a fantasy person), but because it's animation, every locale doesn't need to feel gigantic with tons of craftsman toiling away to build one castle.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Finished the season. I don't think "great" is the right word but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Finished the season. I don't think "great" is the right word but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I thought it was enjoyable and I enjoyed the universe. That's really all you need some times. I'll probably rewatch season 1 again because it's a quick one to go through. And you're invested in it without being emotionally beaten.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That's a good way to describe it. That's the kind of tv I want to watch 75% of the time.
There are flippant, silly shows I watch. And shows I care about but just make me feel more depressed. Finding something that's both is rare. And both that skews silly is rarer.

Speaking of which, I noticed the final season of House of Cards dropped. I have a lot I'm behind on, but I might pop that to the top.