DMFD: Mom arrested for letting her kids play outside

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Mom sues police and neighbor after she is arrested for letting her kids play outside

Allowing your kids to play on scooters outside the house on a quiet street seems innocent--and common--enough. But a Texas mom was arrested and spent the night in jail after a neighbor complained that the children were unsupervised.

The parent, Tammy Cooper, disputes the "humiliating" charge, saying she was watching the kids, ages 6 and 9, the whole time from a lawn chair.

But police took the neighbor at her word, and a few hours after the call, arrested Cooper for child endangerment. Cooper told KPRC that the arresting officer told her, "We're here for you."

The accused parent spent the night behind bars. "Orange jump suit, in a cell, slammed the door, for 18 hours," she said.

Cooper is suing the La Porte Police Department, the officer, and the neighbor who made the call. In a statement, the police department said it was "confident of the known actions of the officers on the scene that evening." The neighbor had no comment.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...rested-letting-her-kids-134628018.html?_esi=1

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Really? Nothing on this?

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
This is why I don't have kids, don't want kids, and don't give a fuck about yours. If you have kids, they're your responsibility, not mine and that's how the nosy neighbor should have handled it. Fucking butinsky neighbors are crap. Well built fences make for great neighbors.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Again I am glad my closest neighbor is 500' away... gonna go feed the horse in my underpants. tee hee

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Again I am glad my closest neighbor is 500' away... gonna go feed the horse in my underpants. tee hee
Why even bother with the underpants? It's just one more step for you before you get to the real reason for your visit to the barn.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If the neighbor was so concerned, why didn't they go outside to make sure the kids were OK?

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Apr 26, 2006
Philly Burbs
18 hours of peace and quiet in the slammer was probably like a vacation for this lady.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
If the neighbor was so concerned, why didn't they go outside to make sure the kids were OK?
Because the neighbor doesn't care about the kids. The neighbor wants the kids inside and not making any noise. That's obviously what happened here. The neighbor knew that complaining about noisy kids in the street would get nothing, but claiming the kids were unsupervised got the action they wanted.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Because the neighbor doesn't care about the kids. The neighbor wants the kids inside and not making any noise. That's obviously what happened here. The neighbor knew that complaining about noisy kids in the street would get nothing, but claiming the kids were unsupervised got the action they wanted.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Nothing worse in life than kids, they can't even keep their mouths shut.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
False charges should result in :rap:age by a bus load of angry Negroids.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

I will take another view. Maybe that neighbor with the kids is a complete asshole. I have such a neighbor right next door to me and have repeatedly seen their children outside unsupervised. The best is they just put in an inground pool and more days than not no one is there with them when they swim. I have literally seen a 9 yr old boy swimming with his 4yr old brother and not one adult anywhere. I have never made a call because the hassle wouldnt be worth it.

Without knowing this particular situation it does seem like a dick move but then who knows.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Fuck that, if I had kids, I'd be thrilled if they wanted to play outside; too many kids these days don't even know what it is to jump on their bikes & go exploring.

MetalBender

I like fistables.
Dec 20, 2009
New Orleans....Iowa
This reminds me, it's about dark and my boy is down at the river fishing and I have to go pick him up. I hope he got a couple more catfish tonight. Crazy kid can't get enough of standing around in the middle of the river with two lines in the water.