• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

DNC Chair Denies Unemployment Has Gone Up Under Obama

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Seems like she was more arguing that him saying unemployment was still going up wasn't true. It dropped to 8.6% last month.

And it was almost 8% when Bush left office. Of course that number didn't include under-employed, part time workers, dissatisfied workers, discouraged workers, illegal aliens, and incubating OWS fleabaggers.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Seems like she was more arguing that him saying unemployment was still going up wasn't true. It dropped to 8.6% last month.

And it was almost 8% when Bush left office. Of course that number didn't include under-employed, part time workers, dissatisfied workers, discouraged workers, illegal aliens, and incubating OWS fleabaggers.
Don't you think that drop had a lot to do with seasonal jobs or people that just stopped looking? Target and Walmart hiring extra people for 2 to 3 months.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Most of the unemployed have dropped off the system, so they're not counted anymore. It's just a shell game.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Most of the unemployed have dropped off the system, so they're not counted anymore. It's just a shell game.

yep the numbers are fudged beyond belief just so the gov't can claim the unemployment rate is under 10%

Of the total workforce aged population that wants to work, the actual unemployment rate is at least 12% probably closer to 15%

not to mention those who are working multiple part time jobs and those who are under employed

When people go vote they aren't going to check and see what the gov't's official unemployment statistic is, they're going to consider their own employment situation, their amount of discretionary spending money, and how many people they know who are out of work.

These last couple of years are the first time in my life that I have known people who have been out of work for an extended period of time, sure I've always known people who were out of work, but it was always for a couple of weeks, maybe a month or two at most, but with the current POTUS its months and months, to over a year, and I even know people who have just given up looking.

.... but he's just so articulate for a um .....

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Don't you think that drop had a lot to do with seasonal jobs or people that just stopped looking? Target and Walmart hiring extra people for 2 to 3 months.
Sure, you could look at it that way. But I don't think it went up significantly the last two years before that. Couldn't the fact that businesses felt confident enough in upcoming sales this year that they hired them in the first place also be considered a positive economic indicator as well? I think this was the best Black Fridays in years.

And I think that's why Republicans will ultimately approve Obama's unemployment benefits extension. I don't think they want documented unemployment numbers falling off the statistical retorts.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
yep the numbers are fudged beyond belief just so the gov't can claim the unemployment rate is under 10%

Of the total workforce aged population that wants to work, the actual unemployment rate is at least 12% probably closer to 15%

not to mention those who are working multiple part time jobs and those who are under employed

When people go vote they aren't going to check and see what the gov't's official unemployment statistic is, they're going to consider their own employment situation, their amount of discretionary spending money, and how many people they know who are out of work.

These last couple of years are the first time in my life that I have known people who have been out of work for an extended period of time, sure I've always known people who were out of work, but it was always for a couple of weeks, maybe a month or two at most, but with the current POTUS its months and months, to over a year, and I even know people who have just given up looking.
I can remember back in 2006 talking with some friends about how much it was hurting them to be laid off for two weeks or a month every year.

I'm pretty sure most of them are completely laid off now (along with many others), and are probably growing weed.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

And it was almost 8% when Bush left office. Of course that number didn't include under-employed, part time workers, dissatisfied workers, discouraged workers, illegal aliens, and incubating OWS fleabaggers. :icon_cool
Sure, you could look at it that way. But I don't think it went up significantly the last two years before that. Couldn't the fact that businesses felt confident enough in upcoming sales this year that they hired them in the first place also be considered a positive economic indicator as well? I think this was the best Black Fridays in years.

And I think that's why Republicans will ultimately approve Obama's unemployment benefits extension. I don't think they want documented unemployment numbers falling off the statistical retorts.
Let's see if you can do something that the woman in the video seems physically unable to: answer a simple yes or no question everyone else has the answer to. Is unemployment higher than when President Obama took office?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I would look at it completely opposite, actually. Retail sales have been in the dumper all year because people were waiting for Black Friday to buy things they would normally have purchased throughout the year. During a solid economic year retail sales will be up throughout the year and Black Friday will be average because people don't need bargain-bin pricing.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
what fucking world do these people live in?
I think she has a condition dubbed alethophobia. Partycock seems to have it to. I'm really curious if he can do better than this lady, and conquer his fear.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Let's see if you can do something that the woman in the video seems physically unable to: answer a simple yes or no question everyone else has the answer to. Is unemployment higher than when President Obama took office?
Is 8.6% higher than 7.8%? Hold on, let me get my calculator...

I would look at it completely opposite, actually. Retail sales have been in the dumper all year because people were waiting for Black Friday to buy things they would normally have purchased throughout the year. During a solid economic year retail sales will be up throughout the year and Black Friday will be average because people don't need bargain-bin pricing.
Overall sales are up over the last six months too.

U.S. retail and food services sales for November increased 0.2 percent to $399.3 billion, slightly below expectations but increasing for the sixth consecutive month.

The Commerce department reported electronics and appliance stores saw some of the biggest increases in the month, rising 2.1 percent from October. Sales at clothing and clothing accessories stores increased 0.5 percent.

Economists had expected an increase of 0.5 percent in total retail sales, according to Bloomberg’s consensus figure, with earlier reports of a strong Black Friday for most retailers like Macy’s and Limited Brands

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2011/12/november-retail-sales-up-0-2-percent/

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Yeah, but towards the end, the FNC lady did ask her whether or not unemployment is higher from when Obama first took office...and she answered that "unemployment is nearing right around where it was when Obama first took office". Not true, not honest, it's a deflection. She should say it is higher...she should say the number is coming down. And if she really was honest, she'd admit the number is only coming down because people are dropping completely off the unemployment rolls.

Edit: And sorry about my MagicBobian double post there, I meant to add this to the previous.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Yeah, but towards the end, the FNC lady did ask her whether or not unemployment is higher from when Obama first took office...and she answered that "unemployment is nearing right around where it was when Obama first took office". Not true, not honest, it's a deflection. She should say it is higher...she should say the number is coming down. And if she really was honest, she'd admit the number is only coming down because people are dropping completely off the unemployment rolls.
A politician dodging a straightforward question? What the hell is this world coming to!!!

I hate Debbie Wasserman-Schultz. She is an abrasive, combative, bitch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Wasserman_Schultz
She is a cunt.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
A politician dodging a straightforward question? What the hell is this world coming to!!!

She is a cunt.
I guess that's a little more concise. I actually thought she was a lesbian, but I think she is just one of those Lady Gaga types who is always fighting for the gays without really being one.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Seems like she was trying to argue the actual U-3 unemployment rate was within a stone's throw of the rate from January 2009. It dropped to 8.6% last month.

:action-sm

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
To be fair, she is the chairman of the DNC, what the fuck else is she going to do, bash Obama?
I'm not talking about her. It's her job to lie. The idiots who believe her are the pathetic ones. It's not hard to find one of those. Just go to Fark and start reading comments. Or look here.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I'm not talking about her. It's her job to lie. The idiots who believe her are the pathetic ones. It's not hard to find one of those. Just go to Fark and start reading comments. Or look here.
Oh, ok. I thought you meant ANYONE defending Obama was pathetic. lol

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio

Just the sight and sound of her voice repulse me, she probably even smells disgusting

Top Bottom