Do the resub codes work? [MEGA MERGE]

JohnnyRed

Feb 15, 2005
I think our point was made with the cancellations though I don't think everyone that said they cancelled really did. I also now think they will be back on June 15th, censored watered down? Only time will tell but if we havent heard that they are canned yet I doubt they are.

I have already seen at least two people in the "OA Fired Thread" complain that they wanted to resubscribe and the douche rep wouldnt waive their fees, also seen posts stating how we are all going to have to reup and pay activation fees making xm more money then if we just stayed activated.

The promotion code XMSCION03 works and you get free activation and free three months. Just sign up online as a new account different email and credit card and enter it in the promotion box and you get charged nothing. The website http://digg.com/tech_deals/XM_Radio_promotion_code_$77_for_1_year says the code is for a year of service for 77 bucks but you have to call in to get that to work, online it works for 3mos and waived fees.

If most of us are going to go back anyway when the boys are back why should we pay to do it? At minimum take em for free activation and a couple of months thrown in then if the show doesnt seem the same I guess cancel again.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
good find... hopefully it works in two weeks

JohnnyRed

Feb 15, 2005
It worked for me online yesterday. Its really a promotion for buying a new Scion with the xm radio in it but yes it does work.

ZippySLC

www.SaveTheVirus.***
Aug 23, 2002
Brick. New Jersey
I had originally signed up with that plan.

Put it this way, if XM wants me back as a sub, they're either going to let me back in under that old plan and not charge me activation, or I just won't be doing it. It's been very easy living without XM - so, if they want me back they will either waive all of their fees, or I'll continue on without satellite.

JohnnyRed

Feb 15, 2005
Hey I hear that and I agree but free is free and after its up there no saying there wont be another active promotion code in three months. I don't see them gaining anything in dishing out free service.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Hey I hear that and I agree but free is free and after its up there no saying there wont be another active promotion code in three months. I don't see them gaining anything in dishing out free service.

F
U
C
K

xm

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
Looks like a good deal. After a waiting period to see if they are/aren't censored I'll have to use that. Good find.

C

CaptainJon

I'm still hesitant on resubscribing to XM. My reservations are regarding my XM reception sucks 10% of the time, and when I listen to music stations, its about bad as FM--- I hear the same fucking songs everyday.

Even if they offered me a significant amount of free months and waived reactivation fee, I think I'll still say no.

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
No on air apology from XM execs + No freedom for the boys = No XM sub + more executions + cock picts + "Bite My"... well you know the rest.

Farm Flufer

P.I.S.S. #202
Apr 28, 2005
Tampa, FL
That sounds like the pitch I was getting from the XM operator when I called to cancel.

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
Aug 23, 2002
1989 - Baba Booey!
Yeah, unless I get free reactivation, and at least a few months free, it's just not worth re-upping to xm.

I've already spent two weeks getting by without it. I'm going to spend 2 more.

I don't see a reason why a loyal customer (of 5 and a half years) should return after being fucked over like that.

P

PilePipe

Am I missing something?

Not to be a douche, but did I miss something? Why are people signing back up already?

=pp=

Bill

Aug 11, 2004
Huntington Station
It's been very easy living without XM - so, if they want me back they will either waive all of their fees, or I'll continue on without satellite.
It's currently easy because people aren't missing anything (other than Ron & Fez). It won't be as easy once O&A are back on the air. For many of us, downloads are not a convenient option. I'm going to support whatever company employs and broadcasts O&A.

I don't understand how people think that canceling and then publicly declaring a "Fuck XM, I'm not re-subscribing even if O&A come back" attitude actually think that they are supporting O&A. If everyone has the "Fuck XM" attitude, what incentive does XM have for putting O&A back on the air?

This is why I have always believed that suspending your service (or accepting the free months of service) with the threat of canceling if O&A aren't back on the air on June 15th, puts more pressure on XM to put O&A back on the air than immediately canceling does. If you're already gone and express no intent to return, regardless of what XM does in the future, what incentive does XM have to do what you want them to do?

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
I don't understand why people that canceled think they are entitled to anything from XM. I can't walk into Best Buy and expect them to GIVE me DVD's and TV's after proclaiming I'm never shopping there again. Hate to break it to some of you, if you canceled your subscription, XM doesn't owe you shit.

nextgen73

Aug 9, 2005
I'll go along with the Fuck XM group...

Until XM upper management apologizes and promises not to censor again which I doubt, I will support the boys on KROCK...

I have survived no problem without XM... If I do come back I will only do so with the activation fee waived and the $77 a year, otherise it will be less $77 in the annual statements from XM...

BTW does anyone know the story of XM and Eddie Trunk?? I read somewhere and cant find it about XM censoring Eddie Trunk on Boneyard or something?? If that is true which I want to find out, doesn't that show a pattern of XM behavior?

JohnnyRed

Feb 15, 2005
Well didnt mean to insult those of you who want to hold your breath and stomp your feet until xm calls begging you on bended knee to please give them another chance like some jilted lover.

The boys will be back and I definitly want to hear their first fifteen minutes live on xm to see what they have to say and for fucks sake its free. I no like I no keep. I cancelled, I sent out emails, I feel I made my point.

That sounds like the pitch I was getting from the XM operator when I called to cancel.
DOES IT?!

Yeah, unless I get free reactivation, and at least a few months free, it's just not worth re-upping to xm.

I've already spent two weeks getting by without it. I'm going to spend 2 more.

I don't see a reason why a loyal customer (of 5 and a half years) should return after being fucked over like that.
Did you not read it is free activation and three months free? Isnt that exactly what you said in your first line? UM HELLO EXACTLY

I don't understand why people that canceled think they are entitled to anything from XM. I can't walk into Best Buy and expect them to GIVE me DVD's and TV's after proclaiming I'm never shopping there again. Hate to break it to some of you, if you canceled your subscription, XM doesn't owe you shit.
I agree. You chose to cancel and make a point and I read countless people say if the boys are back I have no problem paying to get it back. Well your point was made and now you have the chance to get back for nothing and determine if you think the show still is what it was.

No one is going to come banging on your door to beg you to come back and no xm exec is going to put out an apology so if your holding out for that, take good care. Chant fuck xm all you want but if the boys come back and because of your morale you cannot resub your really saying fuck the show.

Everyone hated Ticketmaster and Pearl Jam stood up and took a stand, worked out real well for them didnt it? If O&A tell xm to go screw they will be in the same boat and an internet podcast would not be profitable nor the answer, maybe in the future but certianly not now.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
Sell out... with me oh yeah... sell out... with me next week...

N

No Filter Brett

No deals and yes there will be censorship

I sent XM an email asking if they were offering us customers who they lost through the suspension any deals to return and i:mad4:f there was any chance of censorship free XL channels in the future - well this is the response I received.

Thank you for contacting Satellite Radio. We are happy to assist you with your inquiries.

We wish to inform you that there are no promotions given to Subscribers that deactivate their service due to the suspension of The Opie and Anthony Show. In order to reactivate your service, you will be required to contact our Listener Care Centre at the number below and the cost to reactivate your radio is $14.99 plus the cost for the service package.

XM Satellite Radio cannot give a guarantee regarding censorship. We will try our best to satisfy all our Subscriber?s needs.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to send an additional email or you may contact a Listener Care Representative directly at 1-800-XM RADIO (800-967-2346). For commercial accounts, please contact 1-888-689-2300.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
It's currently easy because people aren't missing anything (other than Ron & Fez). It won't be as easy once O&A are back on the air. For many of us, downloads are not a convenient option. I'm going to support whatever company employs and broadcasts O&A.

I don't understand how people think that canceling and then publicly declaring a "Fuck XM, I'm not re-subscribing even if O&A come back" attitude actually think that they are supporting O&A. If everyone has the "Fuck XM" attitude, what incentive does XM have for putting O&A back on the air?

This is why I have always believed that suspending your service (or accepting the free months of service) with the threat of canceling if O&A aren't back on the air on June 15th, puts more pressure on XM to put O&A back on the air than immediately canceling does. If you're already gone and express no intent to return, regardless of what XM does in the future, what incentive does XM have to do what you want them to do?
Listen for it:
92.3 K-Rock Opie and Anthony Mornings 6 to11 then Rock all day long.