Do You Believe In An Afterlife?

Do you believe in an afterlife?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you guys believe in an afterlife? For the last year I have just had a clusterfuck in my head about the thought of religion. I don't know what to think anymore.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
regardless of one's answer, it's purely a matter of opinion. I will state one thing - I know I have experienced deja vu several times.

also, there's the matter of string theory. i couldn't explain it, but if you applied the human experience of life to it, something might make some strange sense.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Yes, I really believe there is more to this than what we are all doing right now,,

regardless of one's answer, it's purely a matter of opinion. I will state one thing - I know I have experienced deja vu several times.

also, there's the matter of string theory. i couldn't explain it, but if you applied the human experience of life to it, something might make some strange sense.
Yeah I have had long discussions with my best friend about things like string theory and whether or not there is a God. He's a mathematician and physicist nerd. I still just don't know.

I cant just imagine that we'd be the only species on Earth to have a spirit when in fact we are just another animal like anything else walking around. It's either all of none, and right now I'm thinking it's on the 'none' side.

also, you're a dick for asking this at 6:37 a.m.
You fucking douche, I'm sitting here tearing up watching this video. Fuck you dude! Love ya.

My brain is just fucked man. I go from understanding the breadth of life and love but then I'll go to feeling nothing.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
In all honesty, O and A have brought me a lot of happiness - to the point where I'd like to personally thank them one day. probably more than any other entertainers of any kind. I work the shittiest hours known to man. Why do i bring it up? because enjoyment is part of life.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
nope when your dead your dead, so make the most of your life now, do something that's going to last for ever, thats why i blow glass, if some of my marbles dont end up in a land fill, even if they do they will last 1000years

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Also, I need to recommend Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters, for the subplot for his character - his conclusion on the topic is wonderful.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I believe that we are already living in hell and that when we die we move on to a much better place.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
i do not believe in an afterlife...i do however believe that we just keep repeating this life...

Beeman99

I'll die one day, get torched, and that's it, no party in the afterlife, no watching my body from up above get scattered, it's over Johnny at that point

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
I believe that we are already living in hell and that when we die we move on to a much better place.
I'm not convinced that this isn't a manifestation of hell in some way. Albert Camus' book the Myth of Sysiphus(sp?) kinda talks about this.

We just push this boulder up a fucking hill day after day, year after year. Yeah, we laugh, dance, and screw along the way. Perhaps we bring some more boulder pushers to the hill, but its grueling work for the most part and inevitably the boulder rolls over us. Even worse, all alng we look at others with smaller boulders on more level ground and wonder why our own hill is so steep. This existence sucks.

I really hope that when i die i am well and truly dead, I need a fucking break.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
I don't even slightly believe in an afterlife and I really hope I'm right because when it's over I want it to actually be over.

I believe in an afterlife because I hope there is some form of devine justice in the universe(or Karma, if you will). I hope the truely evil people in world will get exactly what they have coming to them,...and I hope people who lead a hard life but still turned out good like my Mom are in Heaven. I don't think I could bear the thought of that there being nothing after this life and she is just rotting in a box somewhere.:cry3:

Also, I don't see why animals and even aliens can't get in to Heaven or Hell. To say that in the entire universe humans are only beings that have the ability to achive entrance into a higher plane of existence is preatty fucking obnoxious.

P.S.: Fuck religion. Follow your own beliefs, not some rule book somebody wrote eones ago. Hopefully if there is an afterlife it won't matter what "team" were on.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
I'll get back to you after I die.
:haha7:

But yeah, I don't believe in it. If there is one, I'll be in Hell, and I'll see you all there.

I was raised Catholic, lost all faith a few years ago when I started thinking rationally.

Doug Stanhope does a great bit on religion. Talks about how all the religion is pumped in your brain when you are young and "Santa Claus eligible" so it sticks with you, then your brain kinda keeps the same ideas but changes the rules and you "make your own Christianity," but you still believe in it even though subconsciously you know it's all horseshit.

I'm not convinced that this isn't a manifestation of hell in some way. Albert Camus' book the Myth of Sysiphus(sp?) kinda talks about this.

We just push this boulder up a fucking hill day after day, year after year. Yeah, we laugh, dance, and screw along the way. Perhaps we bring some more boulder pushers to the hill, but its grueling work for the most part and inevitably the boulder rolls over us. Even worse, all alng we look at others with smaller boulders on more level ground and wonder why our own hill is so steep. This existence sucks.

I really hope that when i die i am well and truly dead, I need a fucking break.
That's the way I feel. I often tell people that our life here is our hell or purgatory. Think about it, life really sucks. You have parents who lose their kids to cancer at young ages yet you have murderers and thiefs going around without a care in the world living life to the fullest with more money than they can ever spend. Then you have people who are rich beyond their wildest dreams for no other reason then being born into a certain family or being born at a certain time, or cheating people while other people who don't have a mean bone in their body suffer and die dirt poor.
It's hard to believe in some higher being who lets dirtbags prosper and good folks suffer. I don't know, I keep trying to believe but evrything I see tells me no.

For example after my son was born 16 years ago, my wife had complications and was told she would never have another one. So for 15 years nothing. Then out of the blue, she gets pregnant and to top it off it was a little girl, my wife's dream come true. Well shortly thereafter, we discover problems and it turns out the baby is basically dying inside her because it is forming without a brain and is threatening my wife's life if it does die inside of her.
She has emergency surgery to terminate the baby and goes into a deep depression for two years. Tell me why allow her to get pregnant with a little girl (all she ever wanted) after all that time just to take it away from her.
Meanwhile there are women popping out 6-7 kids just to abuse and kill them over and over again.

I guess I'm just fed up and sick of everything.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Life is now, live it to the fullest, when you die, you're dead.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
I personally have to hold on to some sort of belief that there is a point to all of this, I would go insane without it.

I also believe that there has to be some sort of divine punishment for being a prick in this life. I mean, I'm not a tough guy in the least, but if I were truly convinced there was no afterlife, there would be a lot of dead bodies left in my wake. Maybe it's a Catholic holdover, but I want motherfuckers to burn in hell for the wrongs they do.

Think about it: if you really don't believe in an afterlife, why suffer through this shit and do the right thing, when you can just be a douchebag and use people to further yourself in this life? After all, there are no consequences. Why listen to your conscience? Why not just kill the people you can't stand? Need money, just rob a bank. I wouldn't want to go to jail, but the law wouldn't worry me if I didn't believe somewhat, because you could always just kill yourself if facing a life in prison and it would be all over.

At the end of the day no one knows,all you can do is hope what you believe was right.

Were all going to hell, if there is an anfterlife which sucks....hopefully Opie and Ant wil be there to give us some Laffs....But i think its pretty common sense that we just die and our corpses just rot...The Human race is fucking selfish! What more can they give us? We're already living and you think some god is gonna give us an even better life after death? naaaaa

jackjack

I believe that theory was presented to Rev. Bennington a while back, he said it wasn't true because he couldn't imagine a hell where there are blow jobs.