Do you stutter? Do you know someone who stutters? Please answer these questions.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
If you stutter please answer these questions.
If you know someone who stutters, please have them answer if possible.
This is for a class assignment.
It's anonymous and you don't have to respond in the thread itself.
You can email me the answers at Zorlio@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Questions:

Characterize the stuttering behavior.

What do you believe caused (es) the stuttering?

What speaking situations are easier / harder & why?

How do family and friends react to the stuttering?

What impact has stuttering had on professional choices?

What impact has stuttering had, in general, on life choices?

What therapy experiences have you had and what was the perceived effectiveness?

Thank you very much. :)

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
When I was much, much younger my adopted grandfather put a hot coal and a piece of gold in front of me to see which one I'd take. He had this fear that I'd try and take power from him. And though I was reaching for the shiny piece of goodness, a mystical hand pushed it towards the coal, as a way to protect me from almost certain death. Being a toddler, I put it in my mouth. And to this day, I stutter and use my cousin as my mouthpiece.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
When I was much, much younger my adopted grandfather put a hot coal and a piece of gold in front of me to see which one I'd take. He had this fear that I'd try and take power from him. And though I was reaching for the shiny piece of goodness, a mystical hand pushed it towards the coal, as a way to protect me from almost certain death. Being a toddler, I put it in my mouth. And to this day, I stutter and use my cousin as my mouthpiece.
What the hell was that from?

Not really a stutter, but funny speech problems in a friend of mine.

Dude I was in the Navy with named Kirtley was born deaf. I mean, born without any hearing, so he learned to talk int he very muddled, deaf speak sort of way. They did a surgery on him when he was like 4 or 5 and all of a sudden he had perfect hearing, but still had one hell of a fucked up speech impediment.

Fast forward to 16-17 he says fuck the speech therapy, he's good where he's at now, and he went on with his life. When I say this man had a lisp... That's like saying Anthony enjoys a firearm every now and again.

So of course his nickname on our ship was Skirtley.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I work with a guy that has a real bad st st st stutter. I have never acknowledged it, and he is a great guy. I think asking him about it would offend him.