Does Earl even book guests anymore?

AngryDragon

Nick The Dick
Jun 29, 2005
Monmouth County, NJ
It is the most unbelievable thing to me that Ron Bennington is probably the greatest interviewer in radio and the show very rarely has guests.

Just for example I was just surfing around and I came across this link for the booking information for Steve Carlton. Looks like the guy is local. He's going to be doing an appearance at the Hamilton NJ mall for Christ sake. Having him on the show as one of Ron's heroes seems like a no brainer to me. But this is Earl we are talking about.

SOMEONE PLEASE FIRE HIM!!!:arrrh::arrrh::arrrh:

http://www.stevecarlton.com/shows.html

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
Earl did a great job on the show today, everything went fine. He should be like this everyday.::hammer::action-sm

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
Earl is a cluster fuck of a producer. He should be demoted to assistant producer under Dave, Pepper Hicks, Al Dukes, or anyone else, immediately.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Anymore?

I'm not so much missing the random Food Network "Star" or documentary director.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
He did get Ron Wood on the.... oh.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
He did get Ron Wood on the.... oh.
I completely forgot about that.
I haven't listened since last Tuesday. I did notice he started saying "I'll have A Stone" So I was assuming he'd just get some guitarist that played a piece on some obscure track somewhere.

I just checked the "Who should be the new exec... after 6/21" thread, but it doesn't say anything.

Overall, I like that they don't have guests. On any radio show I've ever listened to the part I skip over the most is the guest part. Not the Kevin Smiths, but the Timothy Olyphants and Richard Dreyfuses

zerofischer

a reading from the book of Bennington
Nov 18, 2002
philadelphia
Wow it's amazing people who don't know Ron and Fez. Ron and Fez is the show that's famous for it's shitty guests.

Always has been.

How many guests does Steve C book? Anyone?
exactly. plus guests fucking suck anyway.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Wow it's amazing people who don't know Ron and Fez. Ron and Fez is the show that's famous for it's shitty guests.

Always has been.

How many guests does Steve C book? Anyone?
The whole point with shitty guests in the past was to get Andre The Giant and Iris on the phone with them. They don't do that anymore. So what's the point of shitty guests now?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
This is a problem I have with both shows- bad guests.

Now, there are different types of bad guests I want to be clear about.

Are you talking about the "boring" guests who are adult and Ron interviews them like Charlie Rose? Or "bad" guests like authors of self help books?

The boring guests I don't know what happened to since I do like Ron's interviews with those people. It might not be the most exciting hour of radio but I like hearing Ron's interview skills which are better than the other show's. I'm sorry, but they are. It's intelligent, subtle, and occasionally works quite well.

Then we have the bad guests which are great on both shows because I love seeing them savaged. Ron, I don't know why they don't get them. But my problem is that O+A don't get them at all anymore. Seriously, they complain about not getting "good" guests but how often do they legitimately have a "good" interview with a good guest? Their talents are in doing fun stuff with bad guests and I'm kind of upset they went away from that part of the show.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
As always. The cringe factor. And just making fun of them. Like when Shirley Roper and that fat cunt from Trading Spouses were on.

Shirley is more of a friend of the show, she can be had on a moment's notice. Don't recall fat cunt from Trading Spouses.

I'd love to see Jan Brady, Andre, and Irish make a comeback. They were great.

Still say my favorite was the interview with Warren Zevon's widow. That was the best of the best. Even post interview with the song selection that made her cry Ron talked about. That's a segment of audio I'll never give away.

Aug 11, 2005
I think Earl is draining
Fezzys energy.

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
A truck driver whose only experience in radio is using a CB would probably be far superior a producer than Earl.

Jul 14, 2005
Hey I hear Earl is quick on that email. That's mail sent electroniclly.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Not really. He's probably the worst one when it comes to email. You'd probably have better luck with a message in a bottle thrown out to sea.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
You know they hired him knowing he spent an entire day hanging a picture. They knew he was incompetent from the start. But really I think it would be better for all if he just walked away and popped in on occasion like the NEW days.