Does the price of gas stop you...

Dicktator

Frozen Meatbals 4life
Does the price of gas stop you from going where you want? Last night on CNN a poll said less people will be taking vacations because of high gas prices. Last year our trip from MI to FL was about $330.00 this year I expect less than 430.00. So who are the cheap people who would let 100.00 stop them from traveling?

bb1mobile

wackbag's special mod
Wackbag Staff
Not stopping me. Just flew to Atlanta
recently and we'll be flying to Ft Lauderdale
near the end of next month.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
it wouldn't keep me from going on vacation, but I do find myself going out less day to day.

Yeah it keeps me around the house more and I don't take trips. It kind of sucks driving an extended cab silverado with prices the way they are now. $80 a tank isn't cool

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Does the price of gas stop you from going where you want? Last night on CNN a poll said less people will be taking vacations because of high gas prices. Last year our trip from MI to FL was about $330.00 this year I expect less than 430.00. So who are the cheap people who would let 100.00 stop them from traveling?

Can't you fly from MI to FL for less than $430.00?

reddog_2711

It doesn't stop me, but I do think it's going to make it hard for me to sell the boat I have for sale. I'm selling it because I don't have time to enjoy it, but with a 30 gallon tank and $4/gallon gas coming by the time boating season gets here, I think I'm going to get stuck taking a loss on it. :(

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
It's nice having a company vehicle with a gas card. :)

I try to run errands on my way home from work so I don't have to go back out.

That being said, I don't sweat it when I'm going out with my wife. We'll drive a little to go someplace nice for dinner, a movie, etc.

I haven't changed anything. Maybe I'll take the train into NYC more than driving now, but that's b/c I hate driving in Manhattan.

That's part of the reason gas is pushing $3.50/gal. If people are going to spend $3.50/gal just as easily as they will spend $2.50/gal, why should they charge less than we are willing to pay?

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
No.
My car has aids, I need premium gas.
It does suck, but I'll worry about it when the cost of it exceeds its usefulness. Gas is pretty handy.
As long as I can, I'll drive.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
The price of gas increases the number of people bitching about it more than it decreases the number of people driving.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Since I've been basing myself out of Florida, I don't drive the way I used to up in NY. I'm filling up no more than once a week as opposed to 4 or 5 times a week.

Whether in NY or FL, I'll take advantage of the fact that I may be passing by another client or a store I need to go to, so I'll plan on stopping along the way.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nonstop on Delta from Kennedy or LaGuardia Airport to Orlando International leaving 12/27/09 and returning 1/3/09 will run me $739. With a stopover $340. United's no better & neither of the "discount carriers" - SouthWest or JetBlue are booking that far out yet. Last year, the same nonstop trip, being booked at this very same cost me $250 roundtrip.

My sister, brother-in-law & 2 nephews are staying with me in Daytona this year. They can't afford that kind of airfare for 4 people, so we're going to wind up driving. It'll cost $$ in gas & tolls but at least it'll be split between us.

I hate that looooong drive

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Yes it does. I wanted to go see U2 3D at an Imax theater. The nearest one is an hour and half away. Last year, I would have went without any thought, but now, I just can't justify the cost of getting there. We used to hop in the car and run up to Oswego (about an hour) and go get a hotdog at Portillo's, just for something to do on a Saturday. Now, no way. I can't spend $25.00 in gas just to go get lunch.

It sucks. I finally am able to buy a convertible and I can't just take it for a ride without it costing money that I could spend on food and shelter.

Trucker Pat

Yeah it keeps me around the house more and I don't take trips. It kind of sucks driving an extended cab silverado with prices the way they are now. $80 a tank isn't cool

try fillling my tanks, $600 - $800 every 2 days

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
We are planing on driving from TX to FL and we did consider flying but it would take away from the road trip.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Wait, gas costs money? I guess this company car thing is a really good deal.

maz

TRueWDTer
It's nice having a company vehicle with a gas card. :)

I try to run errands on my way home from work so I don't have to go back out.

That being said, I don't sweat it when I'm going out with my wife. We'll drive a little to go someplace nice for dinner, a movie, etc.

WTF?

i didn't know Mods got free cars and gas from Wackbag

I do try to drive a bit less but I still get annoyed at the shitdicks that drive all over town trying to save a nickle a gallon. Is it really worth it?

Max Johnson

It doesn't affect me directly now but it definitely would have affected me in my 16-21 years though. A) I had much less discretionary money and B) I did a lot more aimless driving back then. I was a lot more inclined to just jump in the car back in the day.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
yes and no. as a rule i dont do much "joy riding" mainly because i hate other cars and drivers, since we dont really take a vacation that point is kind of mute. but i do find myself watching my gas gauge a little more than i used to and i think im going to tune up my cars, im like the shoe maker with holes in his shoes i usually dont fix stuff till it breaks even though i know full well thats a bad idea

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
WTF?

i didn't know Mods got free cars and gas from Wackbag
:haha7:

Funny...

I do actually have a real job. In addition to the vehicle, I got a laptop with an Aircard too.

I'm either ready to kill people because I got so much crap being thrown at me, or I'm twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. Lately, it's been more of the former. But, I've had a couple quiet days that has allowed me to actually keep up on the board.

DeltaPin

Donator
Nope. I drive the same amount, if not more. Prices won't be coming down, China & India want more of the stuff, so there's no sense in staying home bitching about it.

Top Bottom