Does Will Smith own Nickelodeon?!?

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I tune into Nick at Nite from time to time to catch some older sitcoms. Every time I want to see what's on, they're running all night marathons of "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air."

I watched this show during high school and enjoyed the first few seasons, but it was nothing spectacular. Nick at Nite has other shows to work with and can take some stuff from TV Land if they want to.

Why is this fucking show on all the time? Do they owe him a favor? Did they get a great syndication deal? Or is it like what Comedy Central did when they were giving up their rights to syndicated episodes of Saturday Night Live episodes (showing tons of them all the time so they can get the most out of their contract) because Nickelodeon is losing the show soon?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Wow they're in the middle of quite a marathon right now.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I enjoyed Nick at Nite when I was a kid because they ran seriously old problems. FPoB is about 20 years old. What gives?

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I enjoyed Nick at Nite when I was a kid because they ran seriously old problems. FPoB is about 20 years old. What gives?
QFT.

I wouldn't mind seeing Welcome Back Kotter, WKRP in Cincinnati, Happy Days play on there. And even though it isn't that old, Charles in Charge.

Aug 10, 2007
Nick at Nite should be The Jeffersons, All In The Family, Good Times and possibly Taxi. Thats a decent lineup, Fresh Prince shouldn't be considered. Neither should the movie, The Negotiator. Since apparently TV Land has turned to showing that piece of trash every weekend for the rest of the summer.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Nick at Nite should be The Jeffersons, All In The Family, Good Times and possibly Taxi. Thats a decent lineup, Fresh Prince shouldn't be considered. Neither should the movie, The Negotiator. Since apparently TV Land has turned to showing that piece of trash every weekend for the rest of the summer.
The Negotiator on TV Land?! Wow, that's not exactly a "family friendly" movie! Lol!

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I loved to watch Get Smart and a few of those other old shows.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Growing up I loved Nick at Nite . I watched Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Show, Newhart, etc. Now it's a lot of crap with no diversity.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
The problem is not as much the choice of shows, but the amount of times they play said shows. Between Roseanne and Fresh Prince that takes up at least 2 hours. The whole idea about sitcoms is in and out in half an hour, next show.

They also used to mix them up every couple of months.

How about some ALF ??? Love that guy, always chasing that cat..

Fucking ALF ruled

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
Funny to see the generations change even through Nick @ Nite... when I grew up Nick@Nite was all black and white shows until a few years went by and they started running half hour cuts of original SNL eposides & SCTV.

I used to love Car 54 Where Are You? And what 8 year old doesn't love Mr. Ed... Donna Reed.. My 3 Sons...

And Leave It to Beaver, The Brady Bunch and a bunch of others were still on in the afternoon when you got home from school... and the Jeffersons was on Channel 11 in the afternoon as often as King of Queens is no now.

Oh yeah...and TV Land is running Extreme Makeover Home Edtion now.... whats up with that?

Tryaluckystrike

Feb 19, 2007
I have no issues with Fresh Prince and will admit to enjoying Roseanne (once they killed off Crystal, it actually became an edgy and funny show). I just don't see a reason for these frequent marathons when they have a full catalogue of shows to work with.

Seeing promos for Home Improvement makes me think that they may be airing what they can out of Fresh Prince because their syndication rights are up (could just be wishful thinking).

Nick At Nite has had trouble getting shows into the rotation. They've tried Night Court, Diff'rent Strokes, Who's the Boss, Murphy Brown, Growing Pains, but none of them take. It's always Fresh Prince, Roseanne, Cosby Show, and the occassional Full House. They even stopped putting All in the Family & Jeffersons into the schedule.

It's actually worse on TV Land. Seems every time you tune in there it's Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and especially, Andy Griffith (which important show reference aside, stinks!) Either their funds are dwindling, or they're just lazy.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
funny, my friend asked me the same exact thing the other day. 24/7 wil smith? wtf are they doing?

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Will Smith owning Nickelodeon would explain why it has turned into a mountain of suck since I was a kid

BusyChild04

I gotta return some video tapes.
Apr 28, 2005
Texas
As a kid I got a taste of what good shows were because of nick at night. Welcome Back Kotter, Taxi, and I Dream of Jeannie (I had a school boy crush on Barbara Eden when I was in 3rd grade. Go figure.) were my favorite.

Simby19

Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I just saw a commercial saying 'Home Improvement' is coming to Nick at Nite and they're doing a week-long marathon to welcome it. Joy.