Dogs

MurphCO

Donator
FYSA Collie is a working herding breed, and they require a lot more exercise than others....so as a pup through like 4-ish it *could* be destructive

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Rosie has become a poop ninja...I go out with her every morning and she pees then runs off to poo and runs back like Jaws is chasing her. Sam is dumber than a box of rocks, she comes back in the house and poops and pees like it's her job.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
FYSA Collie is a working herding breed, and they require a lot more exercise than others....so as a pup through like 4-ish it *could* be destructive
Had an Aussie Shep/Border Collie as a Kid. Goddam Dog was fast as all hell. Would chase down whatever the fuck. Saw it once chase a deer for a solid klick. Collies are pretty kick ass, but yeah, might avoid them.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I have a big Airedale male who was born here and never left. He is king of the compound. Last winter he was doing his usual of laying in my wife's way when they got tangled up and she dumped a pot of chicken and noodles on his back, neck and head. Right out the doggie door he went and he rolled in the snow,, which was quick thinking. It took all the hair off his back and most of his neck and up to the backs of his ears. The vet gave him zinc ointment to slather on thick. That was a mess so we put him in a polo shirt to keep it covered. He thought that was great and wore shirts til spring when almost all the hair grew back. There is one little patch of skin 4" long left bare.

He fears nothing, except thunder. We get thunder up in the mountains many evenings in summer and he will come in and try to crawl under the desk or up in your chair to protect you, of course. He's not scared, he's checking on you. Uh huh. A while back I saw a commercial for some velcro jacket to wrap around a scared dog that hugs them. Next thunder episode we stuck a shirt on him. He calmed right down and slept all evening. Now he has a tight t shirt from the thrift store ready to go every evening if needed. What a clown.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I have a big Airedale male who was born here and never left. He is king of the compound. Last winter he was doing his usual of laying in my wife's way when they got tangled up and she dumped a pot of chicken and noodles on his back, neck and head. Right out the doggie door he went and he rolled in the snow,, which was quick thinking. It took all the hair off his back and most of his neck and up to the backs of his ears. The vet gave him zinc ointment to slather on thick. That was a mess so we put him in a polo shirt to keep it covered. He thought that was great and wore shirts til spring when almost all the hair grew back. There is one little patch of skin 4" long left bare.

He fears nothing, except thunder. We get thunder up in the mountains many evenings in summer and he will come in and try to crawl under the desk or up in your chair to protect you, of course. He's not scared, he's checking on you. Uh huh. A while back I saw a commercial for some velcro jacket to wrap around a scared dog that hugs them. Next thunder episode we stuck a shirt on him. He calmed right down and slept all evening. Now he has a tight t shirt from the thrift store ready to go every evening if needed. What a clown.
Thunder shirts..they're a real thing. Good for 4th of July and hunting too.

MurphCO

Donator
Maybe she is Asian and was trying to add him to the mix

Yesterdays Hero

Going to start working evenings so a potential bowser is only alone for an hour or two a day. Plenty of time for tainting. Looking at 4-5 good sized walks per day also. Just need a good litter that isn't shady. Some look straight out of a puppy mill. Shitty humans.

Going to start working evenings so a potential bowser is only alone for an hour or two a day. Plenty of time for tainting. Looking at 4-5 good sized walks per day also. Just need a good litter that isn't shady. Some look straight out of a puppy mill. Shitty humans.
Get two dogs.. then they are never alone...

Yesterdays Hero

Get two dogs.. then they are never alone...
Heard/read getting two at once isn't a good plan. Especially from the same litter. Get one, train it proper, then get it a pal a couple years in. Never trained one. Don't want to fuck it up.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
If you have a local dog park, it's really worthwhile to take the pooch over. We're regulars at the dog park here. It's only 1.5 miles from my house. I try to go there every night, but it doesn't always happen. But, she goes over there, runs around with other dogs, comes home dead-tired, and sleeps solid all night. It really helped socialize my dog as I started taking her there when she was only 4 months old.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Heard/read getting two at once isn't a good plan. Especially from the same litter. Get one, train it proper, then get it a pal a couple years in. Never trained one. Don't want to fuck it up.
An old timer told me if you have one pup you have potential. If you have two pups you don't have a fucking chance.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
If you have a local dog park, it's really worthwhile to take the pooch over. We're regulars at the dog park here. It's only 1.5 miles from my house. I try to go there every night, but it doesn't always happen. But, she goes over there, runs around with other dogs, comes home dead-tired, and sleeps solid all night. It really helped socialize my dog as I started taking her there when she was only 4 months old.
Yeah, but there are sometimes dog snobs/Na×is at the dog park..Rosie, my red 36 bag of muscle, that is part boxer/hound. We were at the dog park and this asshole with his squirting bottle, bottled water belt, collapsible water dish, gloves, and baggies; self appointed monitor of the park...strolls in with his two 60 lb, mid thigh, black and white, I want to say American Bulldogs..let's them off the leash as Rosie is sitting at my feet, and they charge her..Rosie pisses where she is..and decided to say "FUCK IT!" and took the battle to them..long story short, Rosie had one by the face and the other one retreats...park boy comes in squirting Rosie and kicking at her..ok, now I'm personally involved, as are other park goers. I grab Rosie, leash her and start going after him when two guys stepped between us. This ass fuck started yelling at me about my feral dog and how I needed to train her better or I would be banned..I yell back that if he ever kicked my dog again, I'd kick the shit out of him..to which he leashed his dogs and said he had to walk his dogs..
I know, "Cool Story Bro".

Yeah, but there are sometimes dog snobs/Na×is at the dog park..Rosie, my red 36 bag of muscle, that is part boxer/hound. We were at the dog park and this asshole with his squirting bottle, bottled water belt, collapsible water dish, gloves, and baggies; self appointed monitor of the park...strolls in with his two 60 lb, mid thigh, black and white, I want to say American Bulldogs..let's them off the leash as Rosie is sitting at my feet, and they charge her..Rosie pisses where she is..and decided to say "FUCK IT!" and took the battle to them..long story short, Rosie had one by the face and the other one retreats...park boy comes in squirting Rosie and kicking at her..ok, now I'm personally involved, as are other park goers. I grab Rosie, leash her and start going after him when two guys stepped between us. This ass fuck started yelling at me about my feral dog and how I needed to train her better or I would be banned..I yell back that if he ever kicked my dog again, I'd kick the shit out of him..to which he leashed his dogs and said he had to walk his dogs..
I know, "Cool Story Bro".
Ya the 40lb Black and White one is the instigator... which winds up the "scary" "police dog"... sigh... Like Meadow (the GSD) by her self is great she stays with me, doesn't bark etc... oh well... what ya gonna do. Still trying to figure out how I ended up with Tink (the Black and White one) as she was Lushy McSpoogesponge's dog... but when I moved out she came with me... ole Dickmuncher Von Beerkeg didn't even ask to get her back... oh well... poor thing was abandoned twice. At least she doesn't smell like Newports and beer anymore.

Haeder

South Dakota
"Whyyyyyyyyy are you wearing that?"

That's what the kids asked when they saw me in my awesome shirt and Carhartt bibs. Nobody, not even my wife, wanted to take a picture with me. So me and Franko dog posed together.

I have a big Airedale male who was born here and never left. He is king of the compound. Last winter he was doing his usual of laying in my wife's way when they got tangled up and she dumped a pot of chicken and noodles on his back, neck and head. Right out the doggie door he went and he rolled in the snow,, which was quick thinking.
We had a Airedale when I was in h.s., he wandered up to the house one day, and we couldn't find an owner. Awesome dog, very smart. Only thing was his tail wasn't docked, and it was lethal. If he wagged his tail while you standing next to him it would almost leave a bruise. I'd like to get another one someday, but I'm happy with my 2 1/2 lb Chihuahua right now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We had a Airedale when I was in h.s., he wandered up to the house one day, and we couldn't find an owner. Awesome dog, very smart. Only thing was his tail wasn't docked, and it was lethal. If he wagged his tail while you standing next to him it would almost leave a bruise. I'd like to get another one someday, but I'm happy with my 2 1/2 lb Chihuahua right now.

I was thinking about getting a Boston Terrorist for shits and giggles... but when I saw a Golden Eagle take a groundhog went ummm ya gonna need something bigger.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator

Full grown? My Yorkie is 4.5 lbs and she's tiny.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Look at that furry lil pussy magnet.
She's particularly cute, even for a Yorkie. The Manhattan 10s swoon over her. I can't get half a block without being stopped with, "OMG! Can I say hi to your dog?!".

She's full grown. I got her from a lady that said her cats wouldn't let Bambi eat, and she liked the cats more than the dog. To this day she gets a bite if food, runs and hides to eat, then comes back for more.

Three acres of mowed lawn... Tinker finds the only coyote poop and rolls in it... feck.

Haeder

South Dakota
Three acres of mowed lawn... Tinker finds the only coyote poop and rolls in it... feck.
1 dead skunk inside of an area 1 mile x 1 mile and my dog rolled in it 15 minutes before we had to spend 2 hours in the car with him....feck.