Dogs

1 dead skunk inside of an area 1 mile x 1 mile and my dog rolled in it 15 minutes before we had to spend 2 hours in the car with him....feck.
I set up hot and cold taps outside to deal with such and emergency...

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Was trying to get a Pup for my spawnling to grow up with. You message these assholes online that have a litter available, and they don't get back to you. At all. Out of a solid 4 dozen replies to their ads, maybe 6 have gotten back with answers, and then never respond again. Not difficult questions either. Temperament of the parents, when can we come by to take a look, how much for a deposit. Just nothing.

Guess I'll go with Rabbits as a pet. Fucking lame.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Was trying to get a Pup for my spawnling to grow up with. You message these assholes online that have a litter available, and they don't get back to you. At all. Out of a solid 4 dozen replies to their ads, maybe 6 have gotten back with answers, and then never respond again. Not difficult questions either. Temperament of the parents, when can we come by to take a look, how much for a deposit. Just nothing.

Guess I'll go with Rabbits as a pet. Fucking lame.
Around 8-9 years ago we had a big litter of pups to unload. My wife put an ad online with some pup forum group board and accidentally included our phone number. We still get calls once in a while when some other places posts that ad to fluff up their number of available pups. You are probably contacting people who haven't seen those pups in years.

Yesterdays Hero

Around 8-9 years ago we had a big litter of pups to unload. My wife put an ad online with some pup forum group board and accidentally included our phone number. We still get calls once in a while when some other places posts that ad to fluff up their number of available pups. You are probably contacting people who haven't seen those pups in years.
Unless websites are putting up old ads with brand new dates as "date posted" then altering the date the list was born to this past week?

I think it's that people are cunts.

Unless websites are putting up old ads with brand new dates as "date posted" then altering the date the list was born to this past week?

What kinda dog and where do you live? Cuz I can ask my breeder as she has contacts all over the country.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?

Yes, they find old ads and repost them as new on some of those low rent pet finder sites, just to fluff up inventory. We can tell when another hits from a flurry of calls.

Yesterdays Hero

What kinda dog and where do you live? Cuz I can ask my breeder as she has contacts all over the country.
Stupid podunk Edmonton. As for breed, I'm not overly fussy. Wouldn't mind a lab as it's my breed of choice, but I'm pretty open.

Yes, they find old ads and repost them as new on some of those low rent pet finder sites, just to fluff up inventory. We can tell when another hits from a flurry of calls.
Kijiji is low rent? Thought it was better than dumbfuck craigslist.

Stupid podunk Edmonton. As for breed, I'm not overly fussy. Wouldn't mind a lab as it's my breed of choice, but I'm pretty open.

I'll ask her... now are you looking for a pet or a hunting dog?

TomC

uppity neobarb

we use Puppyfind.com

Yesterdays Hero

Saw some Lab Pups today. Debating on the Alpha that's sleeping, or the lone female. Chunk of change, but I dig labs in a big big way.

Yesterdays Hero

Spoiler for Size. Bought a Female Chocolate Lab today. Should be a good choice.

Yesterdays Hero

Bringing our Chocolate Lab to it's new home Saturday. That makes her just over 7 weeks old. My chick is all 'I'm reading that's too soon. Is it too soon?'

I think it depends on the Mother/Litter dynamic.

Anyone else have thoughts on the proper number of weeks?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I got my Yellow Lab at 12 weeks. But, she was a leftover - so to speak. Breeder had deposits on 6 puppies before the litter was born. Mother dog had eight. People with deposits picked up their dogs at I believe 10 weeks. I heard about a couple yellow lap pups being available and was able to get the last one. I had to trick my wife into it, because she said no more dogs after the last one died. I made her think we were going somewhere else when I took her to see the puppy. I was counting on the cute puppy face to push me across the goal line.

I felt like Hannibal Smith that day... "I love it when a plan comes together."

I got my GSD at like hmmm 10 weeks seems to be the norm with most breeders. I'd prob wait the three weeks.

Yesterdays Hero

Funny how the brain turns to mush when you go without actual rem sleep. When I no longer pay on here, rejoice. A puppy killed me via lack of sleeping more than 2 hours at a time.

Yesterdays Hero

The nipping is endless. Teething I understand. The nipping though? Jesus. Make it stop. And it goes on for 5-6 months they say? She'll be having a nice rub, and go for a thumb to nip. She spots a toe going across the room? Runs to it and nips it. The teething I can handle with toys she likes and cold washcloths. Anyone get their Dog to stop with the nipping?