OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo
  1. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

She fought back, but only in response to the attack and pulled away easily. Finished the walk wagging her tail all the way home.

MurphCO likes this.
  2. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

3. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

[​IMG]

I have a fleece blanket on the couch cuz umm I have dogs...

4. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

5. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
    Wackbag Staff

That's fucking hilarious.

THE FEZ MAN and Shootr like this.
  6. TomC

TomC uppity neobarb

wow

Shootr likes this.
  7. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Tonight's fun... See how long it takes her to figure this out...
    [​IMG]

stevethrower, MurphCO and TomC like this.
  8. MurphCO

MurphCO Well-Known Member
    Donator

Wow I have considered the same thing, when motivated they can jump the chainlink or climb it

9. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

She will...

10. ysr50

ysr50 Well-Known Member
    Donator

Yep, the corners. If you're going to do that you need to enclose the entire yard.

11. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

When Mead was a puppy she figured she could jump the 30" high puppy pen... so I got a 5' puppy pen... she started running around it like the wall of death... so had to do this...

This is the first time the GSD was out with the Border Collie... note the Border Collie damn near bit the GSD's face off when I brought her home...

Shootr likes this.
  12. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

That wall faces the street, it's the only one that offers any enticement, plus there is a wood gate she can peek thru to see what's out there and that's what gets her going.

If she tried to jump to the front yard, she'd just land in the RV parking spot, fenced with wrought iron (nothing to get a foothold on and no room for a run up) and the backyard is the neighbor and nothing in that yard seems to interest her.

She only has a fetish for that part of the fence-so far. Guess we'll see today...

If it doesn't work, then electrified fencing is next...

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  13. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

It's like a catch 22 - all she wants really badly is to play with other dogs and meet people. But at the dog park she seems too hyper and though I don't think it is mine - snarling and snapping inevitably happens and I'm pulling them apart. They don't play like that, sometimes its' psychotic growling and aggressive wrestling-fighting. Plus she hasn't learned stay, let alone come. On walks most people think she looks "mean" and avoid us like the plague - all she wants to do is greet, butt sniff, and interact.

#463 Shootr, Oct 17, 2017 at 7:41 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 7:48 AM
  14. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Watching her behavior, I wonder if one of these plastic portholes would be good or worse:
    [​IMG]

15. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Ya she sounds like she has to socialized more. Like Mead right from when she was a puppy I would bring her everywhere. But with the "problem child" I really can't anymore. As Tinker will start barking at someone/something and then wind up Meadow aka "the big bitey one". Been trying to socialize Tink but she is terrified of men too me like 3 months and I don't know how many bags of Puperonis before she would even come near me. Now she is a leach.

16. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Repeat this 4-5 times, that was her morning...so far so good.

Went to the dog park when got home from work early - closed on Tuesdays...FUCKO'S!!! She did play with some kids but still jumps on them to lick their faces. They don't care but Even though I tried to tire her out beforehand, she still gets too excited when anyone/thing is near.

17. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

You might have to get another dog... like we got Meadow to tire out Peggy the Border Collie... but Peggy ended up tiring the puppy out.

18. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Sammy regularly pulls all the sheets and blankets and quilt off my bed to make a nest to sleep in, then plays dead to avoid getting in trouble or having to move:

19. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

In his younger days I watched DOC do both, jump a 6’ wall and clime a chain link fence, also watched him run head first into a raspberry bush and then drag half the bush out while it was impaling him with thorns, it took me hours to get all the thorns out of him, man I miss that dog

20. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Way too much chance of a backfire or other unintentional or unwanted issue. We'll keep working on it and see how age helps the situation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

Rosie, all 37 lbs of her loves to rough house with other dogs, it's normal. Rosie has recenter been showing the same behavior at the dog park..I was told that she sees the other dogs as a threat to me and is trying to protect me.

22. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Contingency planning...

https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Elec...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AXEK4WG4E1EE7EH1GVPD

[​IMG]

May go ahead and add an electrified wire around the top perimeter of the fence. Couple questions for the gang:

1] Do these energize the wire 100% of the time or send pulses intermittently? EDIT: It's a pulse

2] Any thoughts on how to mount the wire to a block wall? Only thing I can think of is gluing these to it with construction adhesive:
    [​IMG]

But also think she might pull them off if she gets her paws on it good. Can't really find any better ideas off the bat.

#472 Shootr, Oct 17, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017 at 11:18 PM
  23. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

Masonry screws and a hammer drill.

24. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

If I'm reading the online manual right, the animal needs to be standing on the ground and contacting the wire to complete the circuit. It also looks like I can run 2 wires parallel to each other, a live and a ground so the when the dog hits both it'll complete a circuit as well.

I don't know if either scenario is practical and/or reliable...

25. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Well unless you got a "dead broke dog"... like Meadow is dead broke and puts up with a shit tonne of shenanigans from Tinker. I really don't think Tinker (36lbs) knows what Meadow (75lbs) could do to her if push came to shove... my only evidence is the 4 ground hogs Meadow killed by crushing their skulls... mind you Mead is a gentle soul and due to her nature will put up with a lot of bullshit.