Dogs

If I'm reading the online manual right, the animal needs to be standing on the ground and contacting the wire to complete the circuit. It also looks like I can run 2 wires parallel to each other, a live and a ground so the when the dog hits both it'll complete a circuit as well.

I don't know if either scenario is practical and/or reliable...
And you need good grounding... like 8' copper ground rods pounded into the ground.

All this talk of electrocuting dogs makes me miss poor Groundhog.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
And you need good grounding... like 8' copper ground rods pounded into the ground.
So if the dog is hanging off the concrete block in contact with a live wire only, she'll complete the circuit if the ground is a typical copper rod embedded in the ground? This is dry Arizona earth we're dealing with here, nor even sure if I can drive one in that deep. The tips and tricks say ground needs to be moist-ain't gonna happen reliably here. And I was thinking concrete block would be more insulator than conductor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So if the dog is hanging off the concrete block in contact with a live wire only, she'll complete the circuit if the ground is a typical copper rod embedded in the ground? This is dry Arizona earth we're dealing with here, nor even sure if I can drive one in that deep. The tips and tricks say ground needs to be moist-ain't gonna happen reliably here. And I was thinking concrete block would be more insulator than conductor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
More rods prob... I'm still gonna say another dog... even if you borrow one for a while... I'm used to working breeds... and when drunky got a terrier I'm like ummm errr ummm

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Day 3 of Operation Lockdown...knew the gate would be her focus today. Added another section of netting below the first this afternoon.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Your house has a grounding rod, usually by the electric meter, use that. But, I don’t think it’s going to work in general to keep the dog off the wall, what might work is a traditional wireless fence to actually keep her away from the wall completely, im not sure how close they have to get to it for the fence to go off, but if she can’t get near the wall with out it going off it might be a better deterrent, I like the idea of the zapper fence on the top just to zap people trying to clime it

Haeder

South Dakota
Your house has a grounding rod, usually by the electric meter, use that. But, I don’t think it’s going to work in general to keep the dog off the wall, what might work is a traditional wireless fence to actually keep her away from the wall completely, im not sure how close they have to get to it for the fence to go off, but if she can’t get near the wall with out it going off it might be a better deterrent, I like the idea of the zapper fence on the top just to zap people trying to clime it
Looks like a perfect yard for an underground fence setup. Bury the wire at the base of the wall and set up the system so the collar will be activated when it's within 2-3 feet of the wire. It'll keep the dog away from the wall and solve your problem.

When I installed ours I set it up so that the collar would activate about 4 feet from the wire. This worked well......most of the time. Our exterior bedroom wall was within range of the wire and it zapped the poor little guy once when he was trying to pick up one of his toys. Ever since then, he's been afraid of the vent covers on the floor.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Went ahead and installed the porthole - as far as I can see on the cams, way less jumping on the fence this morning.

I thought about the underground wire fence, it's on the table. Pretty sure I'm sending back the electric fence stuff - I don't see it as feasible in this instance.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Went to the park, chased tennis balls and ran around for 1/2 an hour. Came home, put her in back to rest....yeah, right...

The fortress is holding...I especially like how she just does the "Fuck it" sit down at the end...

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Definitely feeling like part of the family now.

Cracks me up how much she likes the bunny...

Last edited:

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Bindy tears the covers off of tennis balls, bark off of tree limbs, but that bunny is more or less intact 2 months in. Got her a duck too, but she likes the bunny most.

Bindy tears the covers off of tennis balls, bark off of tree limbs, but that bunny is more or less intact 2 months in. Got her a duck too, but she likes the bunny most.
Meadow was taught by her late Border Collie to peel tennis balls and even golf balls. So she pretty much gets Kong toys or those HD rubber tires with the ropes through them.

We were doing Frisbee stuff with the Border Collie then the GSD but again she was ruining the reg plastic ones... so dropped $20 (at the time) on a Kong Frisbee which lasted right up until she figured out she could fold the Frisbee in half and tear out the middle... was funny watching her walking around with these big Kong Frissbee lips going Mammy how I love ya... though.