Doing Hunting - 2018

Haeder

South Dakota
Have not shot a deer yet. Been seeing deer but nothing big enough to shoot.

Rifle deer season opens tomorrow morning so I went hunting tonight hoping to fill my buck tag before the rifle hunters pressure the deer to the point that they only move at night. A squirrel came by to check me out.

Then a buck came by to say hello. He stood 15 yards north of me watching a tractor drive by for about a minute. Long enough to determine he needed another year to grow. Then he followed a trail to the south that is 20 yards east of the stand.

As tempting as this was it was a lot harder not to send an arrow through him 15 minutes later when he came back at 5 yards and jammed his nose in to my boot print.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Have not shot a deer yet. Been seeing deer but nothing big enough to shoot.

Rifle deer season opens tomorrow morning so I went hunting tonight hoping to fill my buck tag before the rifle hunters pressure the deer to the point that they only move at night. A squirrel came by to check me out.

Then a buck came by to say hello. He stood 15 yards north of me watching a tractor drive by for about a minute. Long enough to determine he needed another year to grow. Then he followed a trail to the south that is 20 yards east of the stand.

As tempting as this was it was a lot harder not to send an arrow through him 15 minutes later when he came back at 5 yards and jammed his nose in to my boot print.

I’m sorry, but that fucker would have been pinned to that log if it was me, you don’t see deer like that around here

Haeder

South Dakota
I’m sorry, but that fucker would have been pinned to that log if it was me, you don’t see deer like that around here
I've seen at least 3 bucks larger than him this year and I'm fairly certain there's a really good buck where I'm hunting. This buck was arrowed about 5 miles from where I hunt.

We have some really large, corn-fed women here.

There's big bucks around too.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Tagged out Thanksgiving morning. This old guy came in on the run as I was doing some calls at a little spike horn, just playing around with him. I heard him crashing through the brush and got my gun up and out the blind window, and it is a good thing I did, had 2 seconds to take the shot. Took out both lungs, recovered him about 70 yds away. 206lbs dressed. Gets me my biggest bucks in Maine patch.Been after this buck for 3 years. Nicknamed him 'Bigfoot' for the huge tracks he left. A lot of work went into this.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
First day for rifle in NY was last Saturday.

Got this SOB. 11 Point, but I think he www fighting everything in the woods. His antlers were pretty worn down

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Rifle started in PA today. Saw one unicorn at about 7:30. That was it. Little spike, but only one antler. He gets to live another year

Haeder

South Dakota
Snow geese landing across the road from my house. I don't hunt them because they might be the only bird that tastes worse than spruce grouse. I do enjoy watching them circle, cupping their wings, and landing with the flock to feed.

Haeder

South Dakota

I killed a deer with an arrow, stuffed it into a bag, put it in my trunk, and went home.

The end.