Doing Hunting - 2019

Haeder

South Dakota
Found a shed antler by one of my treestands.

Hunted from a nearby treestand that I've arrowed several deer from. I call it the hog barn stand because it's 45 yards from a hog barn. Tonight, I was down wind from the hog barn.

Saw no deer.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
That's some brow tines!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
That's a giant antler compared to east coast scrawny deer, it's been way too hot around here to hunt anything. Except maybe the neighborhood feral cat, I catch that fucker stalking my chickens again he's getting lead poisoning

Haeder

South Dakota
A buddy of mine had trail cams out this summer that helped him locate this buck.

He killed it on opening day in the rain.

NotSoFast

Found a shed antler by one of my treestands.

Hunted from a nearby treestand that I've arrowed several deer from. I call it the hog barn stand because it's 45 yards from a hog barn. Tonight, I was down wind from the hog barn.

Saw no deer.
Down wind from hog shit where the deer can't smell threats. No wonder why you didn't see any deer.

Haeder

South Dakota
Down wind from hog shit where the deer can't smell threats. No wonder why you didn't see any deer.
The deer on this farm pay zero attention to the sounds and smells that come from the hog barn. It's the only stand that I've hunted from without being busted by a deer.

NotSoFast

The deer on this farm pay zero attention to the sounds and smells that come from the hog barn. It's the only stand that I've hunted from without being busted by a deer.
Hmm.. Generally, deer don't like being where they can't smell what's coming at them. Unless they can still smell human amongst the hog smell. But then, If you can smell it at your back, then the deer can smell you downwind. Either way, not ideal.

gleet

Hmm.. Generally, deer don't like being where they can't smell what's coming at them. Unless they can still smell human amongst the hog smell. But then, If you can smell it at your back, then the deer can smell you downwind. Either way, not ideal.
Calling coyotes, you can open a bottle of skunk juice for a cover scent and they come right in. His deer live there and are used to hog juice and also smell humans. Pretty good spot, except for the smell.

Haeder

South Dakota
Calling coyotes, you can open a bottle of skunk juice for a cover scent and they come right in. His deer live there and are used to hog juice and also smell humans. Pretty good spot, except for the smell.
My nose is not so good at smelling smells so being downwind of the hog barn for a couple hours is tolerable. Walking by the exhaust fans, however, is enough to make me gag.

gleet

My nose is not so good at smelling smells so being downwind of the hog barn for a couple hours is tolerable. Walking by the exhaust fans, however, is enough to make me gag.
A friend lived near one. After a storm the power was out for a day and all the hogs dieded. They had rendering trucks lined up and Manuel Labor was dragging hundreds of bloated finished hogs out. Awesome.

THE FEZ MAN

A friend lived near one. After a storm the power was out for a day and all the hogs dieded. They had rendering trucks lined up and Manuel Labor was dragging hundreds of bloated finished hogs out. Awesome.
I just threw up in my mouth a little

I worked at a big one (Dekalb/Monsanto) for 14 years, I participated in one of those incidents, and worse. Amazing what you can get used to.

gleet

I worked at a big one (Dekalb/Monsanto) for 14 years, I participated in one of those incidents, and worse. Amazing what you can get used to.
I guess it happens fast when those fans shut down and the temp rises inside, right?

gleet

It's not from the temp, it's the gas.
Ahh... gas.

Silent but deadly.

Nothing like living over a pit of ammonia and methane.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated

My buddy sent me this pic from one of his trail cams. Gotta love it

Haeder

South Dakota
Another bowhunter got permission to hunt a farm I've been hunting for a decade. Not the happiest news of my life but it's not my land so I don't make the rules. The landowners told me he was a good guy and that they told him not to hunt where my stands are.

While trimming branches today I find this bait pile, camera, and ladder stand that he put between two of my stands.

Baiting deer isn't legal in South Dakota and this dumbass is potentially fucking up everything for me, him and the friends of the landowners that rifle hunt for deer on this property. I cleaned up the bait pile, took his camera and left a note with my name and number so he can get in touch with me if he wants his camera back.

Fucking dickhead.

gleet

Another bowhunter got permission to hunt a farm I've been hunting for a decade. Not the happiest news of my life but it's not my land so I don't make the rules. The landowners told me he was a good guy and that they told him not to hunt where my stands are.

While trimming branches today I find this bait pile, camera, and ladder stand that he put between two of my stands.

Baiting deer isn't legal in South Dakota and this dumbass is potentially fucking up everything for me, him and the friends of the landowners that rifle hunt for deer on this property. I cleaned up the bait pile, took his camera and left a note with my name and number so he can get in touch with me if he wants his camera back.

Fucking dickhead.
Kill him.

THE FEZ MAN

Sunday night I’m out back catching a butt, and I see a flashlight in the woods, and I hear voices, and the distinct sound of a ladder rack being erected , now my new House is in a highly populateted suburban neighborhood, I understand that we do have an over populated deer problem, but “back yard” bow hunters irritate me, I have hunted, I’ve got no issue with it, as a matter of fact, at my old house all my neighbors hunted out back, but, I don’t care how good you think you are, there is a 90% chance that deer is going to run when you stick it, and about an 80% chance that deer is going to run onto someone else’s property, out into traffic, or run somewhere you can’t retrieve it, die, and stink for weeks.
I know the exact trail he’s hunting over, im tempted to start saving my piss and pour it all over the trail

Haeder

South Dakota
Sunday night I’m out back catching a butt, and I see a flashlight in the woods, and I hear voices, and the distinct sound of a ladder rack being erected , now my new House is in a highly populateted suburban neighborhood, I understand that we do have an over populated deer problem, but “back yard” bow hunters irritate me, I have hunted, I’ve got no issue with it, as a matter of fact, at my old house all my neighbors hunted out back, but, I don’t care how good you think you are, there is a 90% chance that deer is going to run when you stick it, and about an 80% chance that deer is going to run onto someone else’s property, out into traffic, or run somewhere you can’t retrieve it, die, and stink for weeks.
I know the exact trail he’s hunting over, im tempted to start saving my piss and pour it all over the trail
An arrow to the spine can drop a deer where it stands. That's about the only chance a bow hunter has of a stuck deer not running off. Unfortunately, these shots are not usually fatal and require a follow-up shot.

Wonder why they were putting up a deer stand at night? If you see them hunting you should check to make sure they have permission then critique their setup.

Haeder

South Dakota

Fucking dickhead.
My BS meter is in the red. Just got this text from "Brody"

Oh shit I'm sorry! Hey this is Brody! I'm the owner of that camera and I just want you to know I had my cousin check my cam last week and he threw that block of corn out out at that cam not knowing that I pull all my stuff when season starts just want you to know I'm no baiting and I haven't even sat in a tree stand this year yet so thought I would get ahold of you cause I feel bad about this cause that's not who I am

gleet

My BS meter is in the red. Just got this text from "Brody"

Oh shit I'm sorry! Hey this is Brody! I'm the owner of that camera and I just want you to know I had my cousin check my cam last week and he threw that block of corn out out at that cam not knowing that I pull all my stuff when season starts just want you to know I'm no baiting and I haven't even sat in a tree stand this year yet so thought I would get ahold of you cause I feel bad about this cause that's not who I am
Kill him.