Doing Hunting - 2019

ysr50

Donator
To late to edit I guess.
Homestead in the background, just below to the left at hedgerow treeline at the edge of corn is where I sat.
For some reason your pictures rarely show up when I click your links, every once in a while it works, but probably 90% of the time it's just a blank google screen.

5skin

Somewhere on Molly Ringwald
For some reason your pictures rarely show up when I click your links, every once in a while it works, but probably 90% of the time it's just a blank google screen.
Yeah I see the same, usually just the link but no pic.
Waddaya want from me I should be related to my wife?!

ysr50

Donator
Yeah I see the same, usually just the link but no pic.
Waddaya want from me I should be related to my wife?!
Figure it out or stop trying to post pictures. This is Wackbag, we deserve better.

Haeder

South Dakota
The new guy at work arrowed a buck yesterday. This is his first archery deer.

Then he decapitated it.

The droptine is unlike anything I have ever seen before.

Snowing and windy and surprisingly comfortable in a treestand unprotected from the northwest wind. Several deer wandered by downwind, smelled me, and wanted nothing to do with me.

One deer, a lone doe, was very cooperative. She showed herself in the open about 150 yards away and meandered slowly toward me on a trail that takes her 13 yards upwind from my stand.

When she stopped in the open I put an arrow into her left side and she ran off into the grain sorghum. Then a few minutes later this doe came by with her fawn.

They were showing much interest in the spot where the deer I arrowed entered the row crop. Here's what they were investigating.

The blood trail was tremendous. The deer went about 150 yards on a dead run and the blood was like this the entire way to the end of the trail.

Arrow entered the left side, went through both lungs, and got the top of the heart before lodging into the leg bone on the other side.

Then I had to drag her through 200 yards of snow, water, and mud to get her to the truck.

She has been packed full of snow and cooling off for several hours. I will process her tomorrow.

My clothes won't be dry for several days.

Last edited:
Disassembled her and stuffed the meat into a cooler and packed it with snow. Neighbor has his garage set up for pocessing game so that's handy. Traded him one of the tenderloins for a sandhill crane breast.

Eating organic tonight.