Dollar Shave vs Harry's vs ?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
So I'm thinking of trying one. I usually use Schick razors with the vibrating handle, which I don't think any of them offer. Anyone have recommendations? I shave maybe once a week and have a bit of growth at that time.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
So I'm thinking of trying one. I usually use Schick razors with the vibrating handle, which I don't think any of them offer. Anyone have recommendations? I shave maybe once a week and have a bit of growth at that time.
Had one of those vibrating handle things. It felt like such a gimmick. Dollar shave club top end blades are okay. In my opinion they shave fine however they never felt as good as a Gillette. I got a year's use out of one Gillette blade before. If be curious to try Harry's.

Last edited:

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
I use the 4 blade from DSC. Never tried Harrys. It shaves as well as anything else I have used. They have a special now. Try any razor for one dollar.

I shave once a week so I set up my account to only receive blades every other month. You can also pause your deliveries if you end up with too many blades eventually.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I'm on DSC and like all their products. Use their Boogie's hair paste, even use their one-wipe Charlies. Would recommend.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I was a loyal Gillette guy for years, spending way too much money to shave hair off my face. I kept trying out various cheaper alternatives and always got pissed off and went back. But, for about the past year I've been using these:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorco-Plus-Blade-System-Trimmer/dp/B008O82O7C?th=1

From what I understand the DSC razors are Dorco. I'm very happy with them. I bought the ones in the link above. I have yet to open the second 4-pack of blades.

For the past month I've been growing a beard. I'm not doing the whole neckbeard thing so I am still shaving my neck area.

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
I was a loyal Gillette guy for years, spending way too much money to shave hair off my face. I kept trying out various cheaper alternatives and always got pissed off and went back. But, for about the past year I've been using these:

From what I understand the DSC razors are Dorco. I'm very happy with them. I bought the ones in the link above. I have yet to open the second 4-pack of blades.

For the past month I've been growing a beard. I'm not doing the whole neckbeard thing so I am still shaving my neck area.
That's still $3 more for that kit than you would spend for the equivalent ones from DSC. The 6 blade, four packs are $9 a month, with a free handle included with the first shipment.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
Been using Dollar shave club literally since they came out, never had a problem. I'm on my third handle but its been like 5-6 years so I've got no complaints.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey

Overall DSC is cheaper still right?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
That's still $3 more for that kit than you would spend for the equivalent ones from DSC. The 6 blade, four packs are $9 a month, with a free handle included with the first shipment.
In almost a year, I have only used six blades. I still have four left. I paid $20 one time...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
You Gals will get your pubes one of these years
Don't worry

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
I've been using DSC 4 blades for a couple of years now. I couldn't grow a full beard if I was stuck on a desert island, but the hair that does grow is pretty coarse. Couple that with skin that might have come from the folks that lived through the last Ice Age in Scandinavia and skin irritation from shaving has been a problem in the past. I shave once a week with a new DSC 4 blade and toss it, they send me a little pack of 4 each month, and as said above the first handle is free. Haven't had a skin issue due to shaving since I started with them. I did manage to break one so I sent them an email and they were nice enough to send me 2 new ones post haste. DSC for the win for me.

ysr50

Donator
Apr 20, 2012
You Gals will get your pubes one of these years
Don't worry
I'm going to guess that you probably shave twice a day so you remain respectable in a professional situation or you decided it wasn't worth it and just grew it out because you're all man and want to let everyone know. Or maybe you're one of those Armenians, those fuckers can't make it past lunch without a 5 o'clock shadow. Poor bastard, I'm thankful I'm not a hairy ape.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
I'm going to guess that you probably shave twice a day so you remain respectable in a professional situation or you decided it wasn't worth it and just grew it out because you're all man and want to let everyone know. Or maybe you're one of those Armenians, those fuckers can't make it past lunch without a 5 o'clock shadow. Poor bastard, I'm thankful I'm not a hairy ape.
Or , you're a long winded asshole