Donate your old cellies for a great cause

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Hi my fellow savages,

My boy Hermann needs a new kidney.

His wife Ashe and he are not the wealthiest of folks and are doing everything they can to raise money to pay for the operation. One way they're raising money is by collecting used toner cartridges and old cell phones, which nets them some pretty good money which goes, 100%, to the kidney transplant fund.

So if you have some old cellies collecting dust, please consider sending them to Ashe, at:

Ashley Jimenez
PO Box 2102
Wayne, NJ 07474

Ashe's Myspace

Hermann's National Transplant Assistance Fund Page

I had 5, count them FIVE, old cells laying around which I sent. Thanks for any help you send,

Dave

Mommadeez4u

C'mon guys, 33 views and no takers? I will pay for your postage, just im me and let me know the charges.

It's for a kidney fer crissakes.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Do they have to be working? I'll have to see what I have. Usually I keep a phone in case my current one shits the bed. The rest get donated.

Is that a laser printer toner cartridge? Or is ink jet OK?

Mommadeez4u

Do they have to be working? I'll have to see what I have. Usually I keep a phone in case my current one shits the bed. The rest get donated.

Is that a laser printer toner cartridge? Or is ink jet OK?
Thanks for asking! In terms of whether or not they have to be working, I don't think it matters. I mean, smashed or broken I think they would pass on, but if all that's wrong is the battery is super dead or even missing, not a problem. Also if you can't find the charger, not a problem.

As far as i know they're just accepting empty inkjet cartridges.

THANKS BAGGERS FOR ANY HELP YOU SEND.:clap::clap:

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
i can send one. just out of curiosity, how much is an old phone worth?

Mommadeez4u

i can send one. just out of curiosity, how much is an old phone worth?
You know what? I'm not sure. I know that Ashe & Hermann have raised about $5,000.00 out of the 35 G's they need for his operation through this charitable donation system. Do you want me to try and get a definite answer?

Dave

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
You know what? I'm not sure. I know that Ashe & Hermann have raised about $5,000.00 out of the 35 G's they need for his operation through this charitable donation system. Do you want me to try and get a definite answer?

Dave
nope that's ok... i didnt know if it was worth a few pennies or dollars or what... i have to UPS some stuff later in the week i'll try and send mine out then.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
Shit shit shit shit....went dumpster diving at Staples yesterday and found about a dozen cell phones trashed. I saved some of the batteries that fit mine, but the rest I left there. Sorry, dude. Next time I'm there, I'll try again.

Any paypal available? I may be able to donate a few bucks if they take it.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Shit shit shit shit....went dumpster diving at Staples yesterday and found about a dozen cell phones trashed. I saved some of the batteries that fit mine, but the rest I left there. Sorry, dude. Next time I'm there, I'll try again.

Any paypal available? I may be able to donate a few bucks if they take it.

you can donate directly through this website I believe
http://www.transplantfund.org/Restricted/patient-detail.cfm?pat_id=1591

I have to look but I should have 3 cell phones laying around, ill find em and send em out ASAP.

Also can a mod please sticky this or at least bump it every day so it doesnt get buried in offtopic?

Mommadeez4u

Seriously guys, you are totally awesome to help out. Let me know if anyone wants postage reimbursed, it's no problem at all.

I'm going to hit Staples' dumpster later tonight, one is on my run route. Did they look like used up 'burners' or returns or something?

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Sorry, I got a great e-mail from this fella in Nigeria asking for monetary donations to get a heart transplant for his wife. Apparently, she's coming into some money very soon, but she needs to survive in order to get it. But the cool thing is that all I had to do was give the guy my SSN and my bank account, and he's going to deposit $2 million after the surgery. Sweet, I'm a lucky guy. ;)

Well, I'll see what I got laying around. I may have a few of my old cell phones laying around and I'd be more than happy to donate to your friend.

Dikbag

are the old phones really worth that much? Or would it make for sense to just donate the money I would spend on shipping?

Shaggz

Slaying Zombies
I think I may have an old prepaid laying around here somewhere I could toss up, just gotta find the damned thing.
Wish I had people who cared enough to do this for me and the surgery I need, I myself I have just given up hope.

Mommadeez4u

are the old phones really worth that much? Or would it make for sense to just donate the money I would spend on shipping?
Here's a FAQ from the website:

http://www.phoneraiser.com/index.php?src=faq

Once we receive your shipment, we sort and separate all the different models. Within 72 hours, we will send you an email that details how many items you sent, how many products qualified for payment, and what amount we will be paying you. Many people have an email filter that blocks our email, so feel free to call and find out how much your check is going to be if you don‘t hear from us in 72 hours. Remember, we pay up to $300 per qualifying cell phone and up to $5 per ink jet cartridge. Nothing that you send to us will be wasted. We recycle the broken phones, the ink jets, the phone batteries, and the cardboard box you send.

Remember this info is for the organization initiating the fund raiser, in this case it's Hermann's Kidney Foundation. More good info at the FAQ page.

Also, again, just send me a PM with how much you spent in postage and I'll reimburse you.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
COOL! I had been procrastinating on mailing my old ink jet cartridges. I'll send them on to your friends.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
I just got a new cell phone like Saturday...I will work on getting my old one out...

Mommadeez4u

Thanks a lot Chester's Liver, that's much appreciated.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
bump...mailing my old ink jet cartridges today!

Edit: mailing 4 today, and the one in my printer is about to go. I'll send out #5 soon.

O

OuchNigga_2

I have 4 phones to send you! I'll box em up right now...

Mommadeez4u

Dude--

Seriously, thanks. Let me know if I can reimburse you for postage.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
How are they making out? Are they getting a lot of cells & printer cartridges?

Mommadeez4u

How are they making out? Are they getting a lot of cells & printer cartridges?
When I last checked they were over $5,000, needing to get about $35,000 for the operation. I will see if I can get a new total soon. Thanks:)