"Don't Say Gay!" Eigth Grader's PSA goes viral.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/don-t-gay-eighth-grader-psa-goes-viral-183359893.html

Vid in link

A half-minute Don’t Say Gay PSA has gone viral after YouTube user playahata646 and his little brother demonstrated a funny and pithy way to discourage people from using the phrase.

“In 8th grade we had a PSA project. ( Public Service Announcement) Don’t Say Gay. I chose a funny way to present it. Subscribe! And thanks to my little brother for being the star!” He wrote on his YouTube page.

The eighth grader’s little brother shines in the clip after he slaps his brother across the face and admonishes his brother for using the phrase, “gay.”

“Don’t say ‘gay,’” he yells. “It’s mean, and it’s offensive!”
An argument I presented on Facebook, which then caused outrage because apparently I "crossed the line" and my response was extremely offensive. Here's what I said that was soooooooo horrible:

So what the hell do they want to be called now? I hate contrived outrage like this.

If this is about referring to things as "gay," let me explain something. A long time ago, queer meant strange and unusual. Now it means gay. Words change, and now gay is used to describe something strange or unusual. Or girly.

Anyone who takes offense to the word "gay" has psychological issues they need dealt with.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
These gay activist types are making people homophobic. Someone who previously couldn't give a shit what they did now has to watch what they say in public, at the risk of losing their jobs. That in turn makes people scared to talk openly around gay people.

It really comes down to the bullshit that minority groups want equality... they don't, they want to be held to a higher standard than the general public.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
These gay activist types are making people homophobic. Someone who previously couldn't give a shit what they did now has to watch what they say in public, at the risk of losing their jobs. That in turn makes people scared to talk openly around gay people.
:clap:

I'm using that. I'm stealing your argument and presenting it as my own. Hoo hoo

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The eighth grader’s little brother shines in the clip after he slaps his brother across the face and admonishes his brother for using the phrase, “gay.”

“Don’t say ‘gay,’” he yells. “It’s mean, and it’s offensive!”
So the lesson is use violence?

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
That's it everyone who's not straight and white, go back to Africa. My Popsicle stick bridge is almost finished.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Well just what the fuck do the faggot fruit queer queen gay pole smokers want to be called now, that is when they aren't nancing about fudge packing like shitdick fairys, tree jumping children, and interior decorating?

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
The chick I was arguing with said,

"Words like Gay and Fag are used just like other words to bring down women and black people. It's not cool"

So I called her a fag.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Ah great, a couple of Supers moved in next door.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Same with racism.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
[video=youtube;I5_K_pUKEJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_K_pUKEJY[/video]

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
if we can't say gay, how else do we classify them?
We can say gay, why would anyone give a small number of attention whores any of the recognition they are trying to scrape up.
I doubt any cock loving guy cares if he is called gay, or if someone is called a fag for exhibiting pussy behavior. (ironic, isn't it?)

This is just some assholes using kids to stir shit up under the guise of teaching them some lesson in public awareness and how to fuck with people.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
This thread has aids.

DJ Evel Ed

MayYourCumCrustedCocksBeConstantlyCoveredInCunt
Nov 30, 2003
Up your ass!
On backwards day we can call them gafs and yags.