Don't shoot at metal

Awww he lived, stupid rednecks.

Joe Avezzano

I know very little about physics, but what are the odds that a bullet would be deflected straight back almost at the same trajectory as the shot?

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
I know very little about physics, but what are the odds that a bullet would be deflected straight back almost at the same trajectory as the shot?
It did hit the ground first.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Ok enough with the subject of the thread and a stupid LINK. Why dont you take the effort and tell us what the fuck it is.

Why should i click the link is it a video a picture a news story what the fuck. I aint singling anyone out here this is just the 3rd thread in a row started out the same way.

MAV

wow, that was an interesting outcome after hitting the dirt that far away to his left.

Joe Avezzano

Even if it hit the ground first, it's gotta be pretty unlikely that the bullet would come straight back at you and be anywhere close to the shooter. I've shot at metal plenty of times, but if I wish I had seen this video back then.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Fake. First consider the delay from the initial shot to the return. Imagine the distance that traveled. The odds of the riqouchette would be so tiny.

2nd consider the angle it would have to come back in at. The ground is flat, so out would bounce at a similar angle it would come in at, yet the point it hit the ground at was close enough to him that it would have had to come in at a steep angle. How could it come in at a steep angle if he fired at a target on the ground in the distance?

I think he fired, then someone fired at the ground, and he holds his head like he got hit.

Joe Avezzano

It really could be fake if you think about it, considering how long the round trip of the bullet was. And even if it grazed his head, it would have ripped a big gash considering how deformed the bullet would be after 2 ricochets. Also, they camera conveniently doesn't show the guy after, so I say FAKE also.

cozzie

head retard
Absolutly fake! Next time show us someone getting his head blown off from a richocheing bullet. Ty and good day .

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
ok, this has happened to me (minus the hit on the shooter) but i have seen people get hit buy ricochets my self included, one time shooting quarters with .22 cb's and i had one come back and smack me in the chest. on anonther occasion we were shooting at steel plates with both hand gun and rifle, at lest one of the hand gun rounds split its jacket and it came back and hit the guy standing next to the shooter. on the same day i shot my 32win spec at another plate and the entire round came back and hit a guy about 10 feet to my left. no one was injured but we decided to stop shooting at those plates, someone :icon_roll shot one of the spinners at its axis and it stopped spinning, we were trying to knock it loose. as for the video. it looks like there shooting a .50bmg at quite a distance, at least 300yd and he looks like he's shooting up hill, so if you want to scream fake fine, ive seen similar things happen, so i cant say total fake

abudabit

New Wackbag
he looks like he's shooting up hill, so if you want to scream fake fine, ive seen similar things happen, so i cant say total fake
How does it bounce so steeply from the ground to his head than? His legs, maybe his groin, but no way is it hitting his head from that close of a bounce.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
It looks like a 50 BMG. That means the bullet leaves at around 2800 fps. Standard rifling twist for that caliber is 1-15", so for every 15" of forward travel, the bullet rotates once. That gives 134,400 rpm for the bullet. When it hits metal, it loses much of it's energy, but not all of the rotational velocity. Now it comes back towards him, much slower, but spinning like hell, plus it is deformed and makes a whistling noise. A clean projectile doesn't whistle or hum, but a ricochet does because of the rough surfaces. When it hits the ground, it has spin to give it plenty of English so it can fly off in any direction and angle. And this fool was lucky enough to be sitting in the flight plan.

I have shot plenty of steel targets and seen and heard plenty of ricochets. I've had a 500 grain 45 paper patched slug come back just over my head, making a low hum and moving just over walking speed. The steel plates have to have the craters welded and ground flat occasionally or else everything ricochets. Shooting on an indoor range at falling plates, one fool loaded up gas checked cast bullets and most of us got cut by the flying gas checks until we found who was doing it. Then we shot him. Shooting plates at 100 yards, I once caught a jacket from a 357 in my shirt pocket. A friend missed a prairie dog once, and both of us saw another dog maybe 150 yards farther out and off to the side catch the ricochet and fall over.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
And then what happened?

:action-sm

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
And then I loffed at your comment.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
It looks like a 50 BMG. That means the bullet leaves at around 2800 fps. Standard rifling twist for that caliber is 1-15", so for every 15" of forward travel, the bullet rotates once. That gives 134,400 rpm for the bullet. When it hits metal, it loses much of it's energy, but not all of the rotational velocity. Now it comes back towards him, much slower, but spinning like hell, plus it is deformed and makes a whistling noise. A clean projectile doesn't whistle or hum, but a ricochet does because of the rough surfaces. When it hits the ground, it has spin to give it plenty of English so it can fly off in any direction and angle. And this fool was lucky enough to be sitting in the flight plan.

I have shot plenty of steel targets and seen and heard plenty of ricochets. I've had a 500 grain 45 paper patched slug come back just over my head, making a low hum and moving just over walking speed. The steel plates have to have the craters welded and ground flat occasionally or else everything ricochets. Shooting on an indoor range at falling plates, one fool loaded up gas checked cast bullets and most of us got cut by the flying gas checks until we found who was doing it. Then we shot him. Shooting plates at 100 yards, I once caught a jacket from a 357 in my shirt pocket. A friend missed a prairie dog once, and both of us saw another dog maybe 150 yards farther out and off to the side catch the ricochet and fall over.
good i didnt want to write all that, in a nut shell a ricochet can go any were and do any thing, they seem to defy physics. there is hundreds of variables that determen the terminal ballistics of a bullet, granted that's a one and a million shot but is totally possible.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
maybe there was a grassy knoll just out of view of the camera?

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Yeah, it's gotta be fake because when people make fake videos they never take the time to register the software to make it. :icon_roll

That's the sound a .50 BMG makes when it flips end over end that fast. Being that it's now a flipping flat ended projectile, hitting the ground right before him would actually propel it up to hit his ear protection. That guy should play the lottery.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Ok enough with the subject of the thread and a stupid LINK. Why dont you take the effort and tell us what the fuck it is.

Why should i click the link is it a video a picture a news story what the fuck. I aint singling anyone out here this is just the 3rd thread in a row started out the same way.
well, if you look at the forum name, you would see that it is in cool internet videos. You might want so start there. I figured you would have learned to look at the forum names when you click on new posts by now:action-sm

Top Bottom