Don't want Next Podcasts on 202

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Ron asked does anyone care. Yes, I care; not to hear a show I have no interest in, when I'd rather hear a R&F replay.

Just because R&F are friends with the guys from Next, doesn't mean I give a fuck to hear their show in place of a R&F replay! I don't want to try something new/hear a new show.

I'm glad Earl is in charge of gathering the podcasts, because it's never going to get done.

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
Ron asked does anyone care. Yes, I care; not to hear a show I have no interest in, when I'd rather hear a R&F replay.

Just because R&F are friends with the guys from Next, doesn't mean I give a fuck to hear their show in place of a R&F replay! I don't want to try something new/hear a new show.

I'm glad Earl is in charge of gathering the podcasts, because it's never going to get done.
For those that missed what u r talking about can u detail what thisis all about?

is next (awful radio name and concept) coming to 202 or something?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Couldn't it be aired on the weekend when it won't interrupt with the normal replays?

Apr 12, 2005
I think they want it replayed on the weekend.

I understand not wanting to miss one of the rare R&F replays on 202.. but getting Next out there would be a cool idea.

All the more reason for R&F getting their own channel.. but the merger will keep XM from making any moves.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I like "Next" and all, but I agree.
On a side note, they should go back to using "The Hideout"

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Bullshit. Ron said it was a favor to them. ONA have the Saturday Night Virus. Are you saying the buddays should have NO FUCKING CREATIVE FREEDOM over what is played during their weekend schedule? That's fucking assine and childish.

BTW: they have done similar things before. They played the Perrynoid fake radio show podcast one weekened as a favor to Perrynoid. No one bitched about that.

Holy fuck the things people whine about here, no wonder this forum is shit on in the RNF community UGH.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Bullshit. Ron said it was a favor to them. ONA have the Saturday Night Virus. Are you saying the buddays should have NO FUCKING CREATIVE FREEDOM over what is played during their weekend schedule? That's fucking assine and childish.

BTW: they have done similar things before. They played the Perrynoid fake radio show podcast one weekened as a favor to Perrynoid. No one bitched about that.

Holy fuck the things people whine about here, no wonder this forum is shit on in the RNF community UGH.
R&F can have creative freedom, but I personally don't like this creative idea. I'd rather tune in on a weekend and hear either O&A or R&F.

And when Perrynoid was on, I didn't tune in then. Because I didn't give a fuck about his show, like I don't give a fuck to listen to Next.

Are we embarassing you in font of ronfez.net, RMPGP? And whose whining ya cranking ass! I'm just throwing my opinion out there.

mikeyboy

Dec 19, 2002
On Thursday, R&F had a two hour live show with an hour of best of replay because of the "unmasked" taping. Ron had talked about airing the one hour podcast during what was the best of portion of Thursdays show when it replayed on the weekends. Ultimately that isn't likely to happen because of the short notice, but are you honestly that intolerent of hearing something new and different (that is actually pretty good) over the replay of best of material that already replayed Thursday night.

RMPGP is right. They did this before with Perry's show, and people were actually into it. The Saturday Night Virus cut into the R&F and O&A replay time, and I don't recall un uproar about that either. Next/Hideout is a good show, and if a Ron & Fez channel ever comes to fruition, it would be a great fit on that channel. Why not let them have an hour or two over a weekend?

Personally, I either listen to R&F live or record and listen later, so new content is always preferable to replays, but I understand that people depend on the replays to get their fix.

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
On a side note, they should go back to using "The Hideout"
I second.

I never heard the hideout -though i always liked Jdubs on Raf back in the DC days. anyway hideout way better than next.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
You have to embrace something new, my friend. Jefe and Dubs put on a good show and I'd rather hear that than a replay. Besides, no one bitches about the stupid "Saturday Night Virus" garbage or Than and Sam, which is terrible - Jefe and Dubs are proven radio personalities. Their show, the Hideout, was great when I listened on WJFK.

So when Than and Sam have a show, we get stickies and reminders to tune in - when Ron and Fez want to help out their friends who aren't glorified interns/amateurs, they get shit on. You know what, I'd rather hear the R&F replay that got taken away by that Saturday Night shit, but in the end, new content is better than replays no matter what it is so I keep my mouth shut for the most part. FUck, I wish XM would hire Jefe and Dubs and put them on 202 because I'm sick of wall-to-wall O&A. The midnight replay of R&F is worthless.

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
Jus twish XM wwould break down and hire Imus and the Hideout boys. Create another channel, with a killer lineup:

XM 202: O&A 6 to 11
XM 203: R&F 11 to 3
XM 202: Imus 3 to 6
XM 203: Hideout 6 to 9

Replays on both channels when the shows are over. This would kill Sirius, and would make the merger a non-issue. It would also give XM and it's shareholders a massive hammer to hold over Stern's head.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Instead of doing The Best-of the SNV when no live show is there, a good idea would be to have The Hideout/NEXT Podcats.

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Apr 27, 2006
I would love to hear it. If Ronnie B says its good, I am in.
Its like 1 hour a week anyway, I dont get why someone would get all bent about that. Should support it and get XM to hire them. More shows = better radio.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
I would love to hear it. If Ronnie B says its good, I am in.
Its like 1 hour a week anyway, I dont get why someone would get all bent about that. Should support it and get XM to hire them. More shows = better radio.
gotta agree with you, why not get some new shows on 202?

sometimes getting too much crack makes you a crackhead!

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
R&F can have creative freedom, but I personally don't like this creative idea. I'd rather tune in on a weekend and hear either O&A or R&F.

And when Perrynoid was on, I didn't tune in then. Because I didn't give a fuck about his show, like I don't give a fuck to listen to Next.

Are we embarassing you in font of ronfez.net, RMPGP? And whose whining ya cranking ass! I'm just throwing my opinion out there.
Apologies for the crankiness, Sir.

I just never thought anyone would even think to complain about them throwing their friends a bone - especially after the great radio Jefe gave us on Friday. Plus Dubs is always around helping the show (Dave's wedding).

I understand it's your opinion but unfortunately when these negative sort of posts show up, it is held up and thrown in our face as RNF fans. They never read the responses to see if the actual majority feels that way.

Ron and Fez are definitely second fiddle on 202, but they are in charge of their content, Jefe and Dubs are their friends, RNF are going to read this and say "oh fuck, cokelogic doesn't like this? fuck you dubs and jefe and fuck your fucking podcast!".

I'm just not sure the reason for it other than a reason to bitch.

And I really don't give a fuck about ronfez.net - in fact I'm pissed at them after starting a perfectly good thread in correct forum, only to have some retard shit all over it, derailing the entire thing (with mods contributing the derailing), then having them sweep it away into some subforum and merge with another. Yech. No - I'm talking about the show community as in the individuals that I like and respect. I can seriously say this is the best RNF forum on the internet. STI has AIDS. FBA is fucking awful. Frrrrrrunkis doesn't even have a RNF forum. And my grievances with RonFez.net stand. I think their moderating staff is piss poor except for MikeyBoy who is a fucking saint - and a few of the posters there that are cool.

As for the Hideout Boys - it's a show that grows on you. I didn't care for them at first, just like I didn't get Ron and Fez at first, but once you start knowing the players and the style it really grows on you. It's not like ONA which kicks you in the balls within 5 minutes of listening and you'll either love it or hate it. You should really give it a chance if you like RNF.

Anyway - sorry for being a defensive ass - I was just shocked this complaint even showed up after the brilliance of Friday and El Jefe.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
I'm always up for something new and different.

If we keep insisting on the same old thing we get exactly what passes off as entertainment in the US nowadays.....regurgitated pap.

Let it roll.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Nobody said the podcasts would be broadcast during the week.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Instead of doing The Best-of the SNV when no live show is there, a good idea would be to have The Hideout/NEXT Podcats.
SOS to the rescue. That is a great idea, because Best of the SNV are a waste and only there to fill space.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I remember there was a time when it was just O&A on 202. They decided to bring R&F on board and I bitched. Lordy, did I bitch. This shit is boring, I rely on that replay, this is not what I paid for, no love for the west coast, blah blah blah.

I now listen to R&F every day and have learned my lesson. Try eating the broccoli before deciding you don't like it.

Sep 13, 2005
New Jersey
the podcasts might help the hideout guys land that gig on xm. we need more edgy radio not less so stop whining about an hour a week and just don't listen if you really don't like it

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Why? Because you said so?
Says who? I record the midnight replay on my Inno so I can listen to them the next day at work, so I guess its not totally worthless, eh?
Why not? Because you said so? What a stupid argument.

Of course - this is a message board. I'm giving my opinions. IN MY OPINION, it seems a bit unhealthy and unsatisfying (as well as obsessive) to listen to the same O&A replay four times a day.

Oh and you know what else is worthless? You're second argument. If you have an Inno and can tape shows and listen at your leisure, why would you care what else is on the channel? You've got your copy, you can just listen to that. Not everyone has an Inno, not everyone wants to hear the same shit every day... IN MY OPINION.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Of course - this is a message board. I'm giving my opinions. IN MY OPINION, it seems a bit unhealthy and unsatisfying (as well as obsessive) to listen to the same O&A replay four times a day.
Is this a black Earl quote?:icon_lol:

N

nameless

I'm biased, but this idea kicks ass. I've never listened been a regular listener of any of the replays of either R&F or O&A, I don't like a show unless it's live. At least the NEXTcast would be something different, and different is good.