Douchebag

hotshot70

Dec 29, 2006
Iowa USA
these bigwigs are real Douchebags! To not allow that word or "fart". SNL used Douchebag in a skit recently, and even in a skit back in the 70s. Should PAC get on them for censorship? Making that stupid raspberry sound is so childish! If "DOUCHEBAG" is not allowed, how about
PERIOD POCKETS
MENSTRAL CONTAINERS
AFTER-FUCK BAG

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Different rules for TV, especially TV at 11:45 on a Saturday night. But good thread, nice new insight.

SKRI

Oct 26, 2007
I live in a big rectangle
yeah damn them for banning the word. its cool, it works out, they just find other ways to say that word, keeps the show flowing with comedy. its just only one of the factors in it, and sometimes the discussion comes to great radio. then again it sucks cuz its opie's favorite innit?

AnalLeakage

Ruining Ant's sheets
Oct 22, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL
WQAM down here in S.Florida - sports station owned by Beasley Broadcast Group - also hasn't allowed Douchebag for at least 5 years . They go with 'D-bag' . One of the last Howie shows I listened to like 4 or 5 years ago Tom was dumping 'bitches' with an interview with some rapper. Been the state of broadcast radio for a while now unfortunately, just now its hitting us .

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
I think I remember that old SNL sketch...it was colonial times (big powdered wigs) and inventors were standing around, and Buck Henry wouldn't tell the others what he was working on. Then he and his wife were introduced...
Lord and Lady Douchebag.

Ok I described it terribly, read it here.

MikeMcDouchebag

I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years.
May 14, 2007
I mentioned this in another thread, but the only time I’ve had my instant feedback read on the show was pretty much at the beginning of the douchebag ban, so Opie couldn’t say my name. He said, “Mike…uh…hmmm…how do I do this…ummm…Mike Mc D.B. from Wackbag writes…” I was really surprised by this since I was under the impression that douchebag was part of the foundation of the O & A vocabulary. It was a pretty crappy IF debut for me.

I’m not sure what will eventually cause the downfall of Western Society, but I’m sure that lawyers will play a major role in its final act.

MACHINE1376

Thin out the herd...
Apr 23, 2007
Houston, TX.
that's why I don't watch the big three t.v. stations. They all suck and they have banned the word that describes them best! I am glad the writers are on strike, now they will probably show the old classics of SNL with those crazy fuckers that made that show so damn funny back in the day. I want to see the Colonel Lingus skit again.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I think I remember that old SNL sketch...it was colonial times (big powdered wigs) and inventors were standing around, and Buck Henry wouldn't tell the others what he was working on. Then he and his wife were introduced...
Lord and Lady Douchebag.

Ok I described it terribly, read it here.
a little off topic but does anyone have this file...kind of a running gag around work and can't access youtube or anything at work

M

mdr33173

I listen to Mike North in Chicago who is on CBS also, some will remember when the boys talked to him on xm portion while they were on his show. He says douchebag, prick and asshole all the time I have heard him say twat, lezbos and fags on a regular basis. He is on CBS radio so something doesn't make sense. Does anyone know if the boys talked about this

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
I'm pretty sure I've heard Rover say it recently. He also says "bob your knob" constantly, but O&A can't explain Hummer Tuesday?

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
Ok, there's this thing called a double standard. It sucks but it exists and apparently, douchebag is a word that can be used anywhere but the "Free FM" side of the Opie and Anthony show. It's a few corporate people deciding what O+A can't say, and they are being overly harsh because it makes them feel powerful. Douchebag isn't the first dumped word, it won't be the last.

That said, if anyone can dance around the ridiculous restrictions and still deliver a very entertaining radio show, it's Opie and Anthony.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
At first, I actually thought this was part of the make up Tuesday. Too bad they cant call it in FM side to give a better show on XM where they can say the words.