Doug Stanhope @ Arlington Drafthouse Oct. 12th & 13th (Arlington, VA)

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA
I'm out I think. I'll let you know though.

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
will be there w/a large group for the sat 9:45 show

any word on pre-show gathering?

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
will be there w/a large group for the sat 9:45 show

any word on pre-show gathering?
There is no preshow gathering as of yet. It looks like I am the only one going so far. I am also not real familiar with the location around the drafthouse, but it looks like Little El Salvador when I have driven past it at high speed.

If you have any ideas, let me know.

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
There is no preshow gathering as of yet. It looks like I am the only one going so far. I am also not real familiar with the location around the drafthouse, but it looks like Little El Salvador when I have driven past it at high speed.

If you have any ideas, let me know.
i think we're planning on getting there around 9-ish to make sure we get a good table. i'm sure we're gonna end up drinking somewhere beforehand tho--maybe at the venue itself. i'll let you know if we end up going somewhere else.

you'll be able to recognize me--i'll be wearing my wackbag colors (greg & tony t-shirt).

what about standby? it says he's going...

Goober

Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
i think we're planning on getting there around 9-ish to make sure we get a good table. i'm sure we're gonna end up drinking somewhere beforehand tho--maybe at the venue itself. i'll let you know if we end up going somewhere else.

you'll be able to recognize me--i'll be wearing my wackbag colors (greg & tony t-shirt).

what about standby? it says he's going...
Standby is sick, or at least he was last time I talked to him. I think it is the HIV, but I am not sure.

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
Standby is sick, or at least he was last time I talked to him. I think it is the HIV, but I am not sure.
i'm quite sure it IS the hiv, but that's never stopped him before

our crew will be starting out at some faggoty sushi place next door to the venue called matuba sometime btw 7-8
i've fully informed them that sushi is for faggots and girls and that my gently swaying sack is there for them to suck, tongue or otherwise fellate

i'm pm you my cellie

HateMyName

Functioning Psychotic
Oct 15, 2004
DC suburbs
To those who went to last night's show, how early was the crowd lined up? Were there are lot of people there at 9, or did most show up later than that?

If you were planning on drinking early at the venue, you should know there's a movie showing at 7. Somehow I don't think "Ricki Lake's film about the business of birth" is the pre-show for Doug Stanhope.

Columbia Pike has a great diner but not a lot of bars. Haven't been there in a few years, but Goober's description of Little El Salvador sounds right.

Goober

Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
To those who went to last night's show, how early was the crowd lined up? Were there are lot of people there at 9, or did most show up later than that?
I got there around 9 PM last night. There were a few people lined up around the side of the building, but getting a good seat was not a problem. People are usually a bit shy about sitting up front.

Here is a map for parking:

The show kicked ass last night, and I will be there again this evening. More Doug = more Gooder. There may or may not have been some hallucinogens given to Doug on stage, that started to kick in towards the tail end of the show. It was fantastic.