"Dragon Tales" gone bilingual??

poppAwoody

C colon enter
May 23, 2006
LI, New York
I was watching Dragon Tales, well actually my 1 year old kinda was, and I haven't seen it in years but when the hell did they have a show where they were learning Spanish. I am tired of this shit, pressing 1 for English and bilingual political mailers and all the catering to non-english speaking people. I know Dora the Explorer does the spanish shit but now Dragon Tales? Whats next? Sesame Street. I hate where things are going and how politicians are letting it. I think we should all pressure politicians to allow us to go to spanish classes to learn for free and make it like federal armed services, you can leave work without loss of pay to do so.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
It's always been semi-bi-lingual.. THe Ricardo Montalbon(sp) one is always teaching them spanish words.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I know for a fact that Dragon Tales is a PBS show.

My knowlege of it ends there.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
All these shows are trying to bring as many cultures in at a time. Backyardigans doesn't really have much cultural stuff but all their names cover the spectrum.

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
The kids are from Mexico! In newer eps their cousin comes up from there too.
I absolutely HATE that show. I am so tired of every damn kids show today trying to teach my children how to be better people or overcome their fears. Cant they just hit each other with frying pans and make my girls laugh?

My girls have been watching Scooby Doo (old ones) and Tom and Jerry On Demand lately and loving everything they see. I think they are tired to being preached at also.

Name one show on today for kids that doesnt try to teach them something? You cant because they are all funded by the No Kid left behind program. Making cartoons is too expensive to be privately funded I guess.

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
I do love Backyardigans though...and Wonderpets. And Curious George. William H Macy is great in that.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Dragontales is all spanish.The kids speak with an accent....THey count in spanish and mix in a lot of spanish words. My kid is 2 and it has been like this for a year...I think they saw how successful dora has been and threw the spanish in. SHE FUCKING LOVES DORA...dora dora dora.....Even the mickey mouse shows on Disney are throwing spanish in...

Sue, I like Little Einsteins...very catchy

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Sesame Street teaches the kids spanish as well. When my nephews were younger I'd have to walk out of the room whenever Maria would start speaking in her language. Barney the Dinosaur teaches the kids spanish as well.

Fortunately the big guys are way out of the cartoon stage (18 & 17) and my older little guy is more into Spongebob when his parents allow him to watch it (he's 6 & they don't think it's age appropriate). The four year old likes Diego, but he's more into Little Einsteins which I like myself.

The little guys' have either Dish or Direct TV and one of the channels they have is Boomerang. Thanks to that great channel, they've gotten into Tom & Jerry and all of the older cartoons that I grew up watching.

sued

Now you know
Sep 2, 2004
Montclair.NJ
I havent seen Little Einsteins but Ive tried to avoid as much of these shows as possible.

My 6 year old is now getting into Disney shows like Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. God help me.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Peep.

It's an excellent show for young ones. It's not preachy. It's educational though, like science educational.

There's no conflict or violence but it's interesting none the less.

My oldest is 9 and she'll still end up watching them with the younger ones.

SimpleSyrup

Apr 19, 2004
He's right, Dragontales took on a spanish neighbor kid about 9 months ago. There was always the spic dragon, but it is more spanish than before.

Dude, why do I know that? Kids fucking change everything!

On that note, anyone else seen Hip Hop Harry? A dancing and rapping yellow bear.

BCH

Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
He's right, Dragontales took on a spanish neighbor kid about 9 months ago. There was always the spic dragon, but it is more spanish than before.

Dude, why do I know that? Kids fucking change everything!

On that note, anyone else seen Hip Hop Harry? A dancing and rapping yellow bear.
Hip Hop harry stinks. Like any attempt at "Rap" in a more mainstream milieu, it misses the mark by a wide margin. Also, the multi-ethnic makeup of the group is contrary to the supposed "Hip Hop" nature of the show. There ought to be more than one black kid.