PSxx Dreams

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Media Molecule's new game looks amazing. They are taking what they did with LittleBigPlanet and blowing it up. They are even adding VR support...which could be a game changer for VR. Thousands of creaters trying new VR concepts.

Loved LBP and I can't wait for this.

Just like LBP, the entire single player game, including the music, models and logic, were created using in-game tools.

BIV

Oh yeah, there's a thread.

BIV

Live concert at E3 using the Dreams music tools.

BIV

BIV

Every one of these makes me want it more.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
I never got into the creating part in any of the LBP games. That being said I’m kinda looking forward to this game

BIV

BIV

Finally. These folks are cutting it close with the whole "beta will be out this year" thing.

BIV

Oh Lord are people salty. They announcedtoday that the first closed beta startstomorrow.

"How do you get in?" you might ask. Simple. You just need to have signed up for the Media Molecule newsletter before December 7th.

You know what Gen X and Y folks don't do? Sign up for newsletters.

The crying is stupendous.

Of course, the email you used to sign up for the newsletter needs to be the same one you use for PSN so they can confirm you are 18, so I may be screwed as well.

BIV

If anyone cares, open beta sign ups are tomorrow.

BIV

NDA has been lifted.

BIV

What people have come up with in this short demo is insane.

BIV

Is there anything you've made? Like, this stuff looks amazing, but I want to know how some ham-and-egger like you and me would make use of it.
First, to be fair, most of these are made by "ham and eggers".

Second, no. I haven't been as dedicated to it as I should be. The controls just recently "clicked" for me, but probably would have happened sooner if I messed with it consistently. There is definitely a learning curve when it comes to 3-D controls. 90% of the tutorials are not in the beta. Kareems last stream cleared up a lot of my questions.

This is a good watch.

That being said, you are almost overwhelmed with options. The possibilities just scream at you.

I think most people will be able to make something, if not full levels. The way content sharing and collaboration work in Dreams caters to individual strengths.

I'm going to hit it hard this week.

BIV

Also, with the NDA over, I'm betting twitch will be filled with streams this week. Seeing "average folks" using the controls will be very telling.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Also, with the NDA over, I'm betting twitch will be filled with streams this week. Seeing "average folks" using the controls will be very telling.
Okay, cool. Will be paying attention to this, thank you. Is there VR support?