PSxx Dreams

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Wow. Way cool. I can't fathom, really, how this can really be that usable. Everything looks so slick and cool.
The controls feel real good. Any inability to use them is totally on me.

My biggest issue has been wrapping my head around how things work. They deconstructed assumptions about how these types of programs are supposed to work and rebuilt them from the ground up. Anyone with experience using one of these programs may actually have a harder time than a complete noob.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The controls feel real good. Any inability to use them is totally on me.

My biggest issue has been wrapping my head around how things work. They deconstructed assumptions about how these types of programs are supposed to work and rebuilt them from the ground up. Anyone with experience using one of these programs may actually have a harder time than a complete noob.
Thank god for that, because I don't know jack shit about jack shit, but have always fantasized about being able to make something like this.

BIV

Thank god for that, because I don't know jack shit about jack shit, but have always fantasized about being able to make something like this.
Here is that PT remake.

BIV

And Dead Space

BIV

Early access is spring.

BIV

Early access creater beta launches today. $30.

BIV

I got it. Still haven’t played around with it though
They said in a recent stream that one or two of the Devs never touched motion controllers during the entire development while others only used the Move controllers. They wanted to make sure the game was 100% playable with either.

Over the weekend I created....a candelabra!!!!! Who wants to touch me?

It's terrible, lol. And I stole the candles from other people.

BIV

This is pretty awesome.

At places like PAX West they would do something called "Ten Minute Create". Basically, someone would yell something out and the MM guys had ten minutes to make it.

As part of their launch stream they did a "Five Minute Create."

Obviously, they know the tools forwards and backwards, but this is still impressive as Hell.

Also, if you don't want to watch all of it, skip to where the music guy comes in to do BG music in five minutes.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
I played around with it for a few....I never got into the creating parts of any of the LBP games because it got tedious and boring for me but I loved playing those goofy games.....offline online they just rule. Can’t wait for the final version of it. I played with a regular ol’ controller too and found that it worked just fine like that. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try the goofy controllers

BIV

I played around with it for a few....I never got into the creating parts of any of the LBP games because it got tedious and boring for me but I loved playing those goofy games.....offline online they just rule. Can’t wait for the final version of it. I played with a regular ol’ controller too and found that it worked just fine like that. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try the goofy controllers

That's probably going to help you in the short run. I'm still having trouble "unlearning" everything I learned in LBP.

I'm still really impressed by the tools. There should be something to scratch anyone's creative itch.

I did some Dreamsurfing yesterday (which is a bit disorienting, since it can't tell the difference between a loading screen and a level,lol)

There are some really talented fuckers out there.

There is a dude on Youtube called "ProjectGenesis". He's an annoying ghetto rat sounding dude, but he's been featuring lots of interesting content.

BIV

Cool but why not just play Spider Man
We are still in the "tech demo" phase of Dreams. People getting used to what it can do.

Should be noted that the clip wasn't a game, it was a key-frame animation.

I know there are multiple people in the community that intended to make animated shows/features.

BIV

Starting to really see the quality of projects improve.

BIV

More goodness. The mech is sick

BIV

It's one thing for me to be ranting and raving about this game. Seeing Shuhei Yoshida's reaction to it is something else altogether.

I have spent so much time over the last week just mucking around with it. From making simple boxes with moving doors to trying to sculpt characters.

Mostly, I fail. But I already can feel my skills getting better as learn new techniques. And I still havn't touched 95% of the tools.

This thing is simply amazing. I wish there was some way to increase it's profile. Everyone with a PS4 should own this.