Driving Directions on cell phone (blackberry 8703e)

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
He Means exactly what fbg put up there I think.

Google mobile maps rules. Turn by turn directions overlayed on a road map. 90% as good as GPS without the cost.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
He Means exactly what fbg put up there I think.

Google mobile maps rules. Turn by turn directions overlayed on a road map. 90% as good as GPS without the cost.
QFT
though make sure you have a charger with you. Used that to drive up to Boston and it fucking killed my battery.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
QFT
though make sure you have a charger with you. Used that to drive up to Boston and it fucking killed my battery.
That's because it loads more of the map as you go through the directions. It requires a data connection all the time.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
If you have a GPS enabled phone (or Bluetooth external GPS) point your phones browser to:
http://www.nav4all.com

It's free and provides voice prompted directions. Really amazing shit.
Live Search also works with a GPS enabled phone of Bluetooth GPS device. Google Maps will as well, but they only give you an approximate location using the "My Location" function and it updates every 30 seconds or so rather than real time. I'm gonna check out Nav4All though. Never heard of it, but hope it works good.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
my wife just uses her phone and it works better than my gps sometimes. but it cost like 2 or 3 bucks every time she uses it so we only use it when were way fucking lost

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
my wife just uses her phone and it works better than my gps sometimes. but it cost like 2 or 3 bucks every time she uses it so we only use it when were way fucking lost
Telenav.com is a flat rate of 10 dollars a month and it works just as well as any GPS I have ever seen.