OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Drunk guy buys beer

Discussion in 'Cool Internet Videos' started by Mags, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

This guy would make a tough to kill zombie:

If its been posted already, die.

mr. sin and Jacuzzi Billy like this.
  2. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

3. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

That bad, huh?

4. fletcher

Donator

Yeah. You have ventured into Americas Funniest Home Videos territory. Sorry.

5. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Hey, Mister Internet, I just saw it for the first time k?

I was fascinated, btw.

6. gorram

gorram ;)

My favorite part was the demonstration of how goddamn heavy an 18pack is to lift off the floor while hammered.

7. fletcher

Donator

Well, its from 09. Its been around plenty before. I wasnt mocking you, just teasing.

And I agree its interesting to see him work his way through the store when physics obviously betray the besotted fool.

8. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

I've been that drunk a time or 4. :butterface:

9. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Does whiskeyguy know you recorded him buying beer?

10. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

He isn't telling the guy to watch Swiss Family Robinson or Legends of the Fall with him.

I also like how he enters doing the Randall walk from the end of Clerks.

whiskeyguy and fletcher like this.
  11. fletcher

Donator

Excellent reference.

[​IMG]

12. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Yeah, because WHISKEYguy buys a lot of beer.

Jim Beam is flowing. It's a nice local IPA that has a little kick but a smooth taste.

13. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Well you never know what bright idea drunk whiskeyguy might get

14. whiskeyguy

Last weekend, I got lost in a town 45 minutes from my house. It was bad. I "came to" sitting on the curb of a gas station while the sun was still high in the sky. Long story short (trying to trademark that), I found my friend's house and we all got naked in the hot tub (yes, women). Fletcher (I capitalized because it started a sentence, not because it's your name) can provide you with jacking material.

15. LiddyRules

fletcher's a woman?

I honestly wish I could drink to that blackout excess. If I'm drinking alone at a bar, I know I'm within proximity of my home, so if I overdrink I normally get kind of nauseous and walk away because I have no reason to stay/spend money. If I'm drinking with other people, I generally stop to ride the buzz. Most of the time, I don't even realize I'm doing it. It's just a realization "oh right, it has been awhile since I've had something to drink." I would very much want to have a blackout night.

I also add that this doesn't mean that I'm a lame or bad drunk, especially as the night's coming to a close. As the liquor continues to flow, the conversation tends to become a lot weirder, which ends up being more in my wheelhouse- whether sober or inebriated.

16. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

No you dont. Ive had to make to many apologies due to a blackout. Its kind of embarrassing really

17. whiskeyguy

What do you have to lose? I'm pretty popular, and I always drink to blackout states (Kansas, Texas, Idaho).

If you can be as entertaining in person as you can here, you'll be fine. And guess what, you'll probably say some stupid shit that makes you look like an asshole... but you'll still be more "revered" than the guy who goes home early.

18. LiddyRules

It's not that I consciously prevent myself from getting blackout drunk. It's an entirely subconscious thing. I "know" when to stop without telling myself to stop.

And with the walking away while drinking alone, keep in mind I generally do shitty picking up people at bars and don't want to keep wasting money if I'm going to have to wander back alone. And regardless, I'm still talking about the single digit AM hours.

19. whiskeyguy

1) Why stop? You go home alone anyway. I don't say that to be a dick.. my point is, how much worse would going home feeling "shame" be?

2) You don't go out with friends? Then try this. You live in a major city, walk in with confidence and explain you have a MD degree (not a lie), and try to pull an A-male thing. I do that in a town of 10k people who all know my back story... you could get away with that dozens of times without seeing the same people. I'm successful 7/10 times, you could easily beat that.

20. Jacuzzi Billy

Jacuzzi Billy Watching PTI
    Donator

I always screw up my lie and go the other way bragging that I have an associates degree.

21. whiskeyguy

An AS degree costs like $147. Your wife can pay that with her tips.

22. LiddyRules

We need to separate the Drinking Alone v. Drinking with People.

For starters, shame does not play a part in this. It's the "my stomach is burning from consisting solely of alcohol and acid" nausea. And generally if I'm drinking alone, that means I'm engaging no one but sometimes the bartender in conversation (and that generally can take me until closing time depending on how busy the bartender is). So that "drinking alone" in the strictest sense means I get lost in a headachey, introspective head with a sour tummy. So with it just being me, I need some level of control.

Drinking with people- In this situation, I don't realize I haven't had a drink until the buzz is beginning to wind down, which is usually around the time things are beginning to wind down. Again, this probably also has to do with maintaining some semblance of control. It's not that I want to be the person in control (and I rarely am), but I think I generally feel better with that back-up comfort buffer of me being able to maintain my wits. Again, it's not by choice. And also because it's hard to get my mind to shut down or relax, I think it's exceedingly difficult to me to that point. Sickness yes. Blackout no.

Not to mention, like I said earlier, I work best when things get weirder. That's when I find myself more intellectually engaged. So I also don't think I want to lose that either. However, I cannot cut a rug.

I do.

Hahahahah

It's a JD. But I keep that hidden because I'd feel like a fraud unless I explained the shame and hatred that comes along with that. And I never liked trying to use one's "accomplishments" (misunderstood, expectation-disappointing, and disgusting as they might be) to overshadow how one is as a person. So I'd rather lie (by omission) to sell myself as who I am rather than what I am or what degrees I have. It's almost a form of anti-pride. I want someone to like me for all the reasons I loathe me, not like me because of my resume.

However, like I said in another thread, I work better in situations where socialization is secondary to the task at hand. I'm a lot better if a game is being played than if it's just about conversation. Because then my mind has something of greater importance to focus on, which helps me relax. Until my smarminess takes control, and I want to prove my intelligence. I'm also terrible at initiating conversation.

Hahahahah

Hahahahah

The closest thing I have to confidence is something when the negative emotions fills me with a weird for of subdued manic energy.

Keep in mind that a bigger pond also means bigger, better, richer, more charismatic, better jobbed, better looking, less honest fish. Besides my end game isn't exactly sex. I mean sex is definitely wanted, but because of all the weirdness I have with that and because of the way my mind works, I accept that that's not happening as a foregone conclusion. So, ironically, women trying to use sex against me has a greater chance of failure from my end than them simply trying to use companionship.

23. whiskeyguy

I'm drunk, and I read about half... (what the fuck is a JD?). So what do you want? You're more capable than most people here on "closing a deal". Is it that you want some fetish met (we can talk further, because I identify with that), or are you just so intent with being "unobtainable"? Because if you're honest, you're smarter, funnier, and more confident than most of us... on paper. Not than me, but definitely compared to fletcher. Fine a way to use that on people you meet in person.

24. whiskeyguy

By the way, I just had to give a dig on fletcher because I'm hanging out with @lawnkahn, and you came up in regular discussion. Which sucks.

25. LiddyRules

I'm not entirely sure. The topic seemed to go from my inability to get blackout drunk to my inability to get laid, which I only touched upon as far as your questions went. My relationship with women at bars (or in general) is a completely different topic that I could go into depth about but not tonight and probably not in this thread. However, it has nothing to do with me being or considering myself unobtainable.

But to answer at least one of your topics, I'm smarmy and self-centered. Not confident.

And I would be more interested in a 6 with fetish potential, than an 8 who just wants sex.