Duke prosecutor jailed

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yea that kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I just want to know how much Durham and Duke is going to have to give up to the players that were wrongly accused?
Well that and to the Coach who was forced to resign.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Thread should say 1 day in jail, got my hopes up.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
MJMANDALAY said:
Thread should say 1 day in jail, got my hopes up.
from article said:
Superior Court Judge W. Osmond Smith III could have sentenced Nifong, who had already been stripped of his law license and had resigned from office, to as many as 30 days in jail and given him a fine as high as $500. Instead, he opted for a largely symbolic punishment—the public humiliation of sending a prosecutor to jail—that he said would help protect the integrity of the justice system.
True, but since he has already been slammed in the pocket by losing his
law license and his job, there was no need to beat it into the ground.
He's done and the conviction alone will follow him forever now.

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
My civil procedure professor sat second chair in alot of his cases when she was working for the NC DA. She said that he used to pull alot of shit when he was prosecutor. When he knew there was going to be damning testimony he would hire a hot woman to come into the court in the middle of the testimony and whisper in his ear in order to distract the jury and the people in the court. He would also bring a gun into court and lay it on the table so the jury could suspect that it was the gun used in the crime (when it wasn't). This stuff is all alleged because I can't confirm it but I don't see why my professor would lie.

He was just an ass and a win at all costs prosecutor.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by from article
Superior Court Judge W. Osmond Smith III could have sentenced Nifong, who had already been stripped of his law license and had resigned from office, to as many as 30 days in jail and given him a fine as high as $500. Instead, he opted for a largely symbolic punishment—the public humiliation of sending a prosecutor to jail—that he said would help protect the integrity of the justice system.

How and why protect the integrity of the justice system when the defendant is guilty as charged and admits it? Protecting the integrity would be better served by having his guilty ass in jail for a while, to show nobody is above the law.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I swear millions are going out the coffers of both places.... Loads of cash!