Dumb Unknown B Movies

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Occasionally Showtime or Encore will air movies I've never heard of and I'll find myself watching them.

There is a Dan Akroyd movie called "The Human Spider." As you could probably guess, it is a complete Spiderman ripoff. Except the twist is, instead of developing spider-like attributes, he actually becomes a spider. Think Spiderman meets the Fly. Dan Akroyd plays a detective. It's a shitty B movie and honestly, I enjoyed it a lot more than I did Spiderman.

Right now I'm watching a movie only because the title intrigued me. It's called, "Ticked-Off Trannies with Knives."

What are some weird B movies you've seen?

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
I don't think it was considered a B movie when it came out but Megaforce with Barry Bostwick is one of the most wonderfully cheesy movies EVER!

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I was always partial to man spider.

Anyway any old Horror movie will do. The Crimson Ghost series comes to mind.
The Crimson Ghost (1946) is a Republic film serial directed by Fred C. Brannon and William Witney with Charles Quigley and Linda Stirling playing the leads. This was Witney's last serial, after a career that left him one of the most praised of all serial directors. The serial was re-released as a six-episode television series in the 1950s and as a television film called Cyclotrode "X" in 1966. In the 1990s The Crimson Ghost was one of only two Republic serials to be colorised. The villain of the serial, the Crimson Ghost of the title, is one of the most visually striking of the medium.
The Misfits took the Crimson Ghost as their mascot.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
I was always partial to man spider.

Anyway any old Horror movie will do. The Crimson Ghost series comes to mind.
The Crimson Ghost (1946) is a Republic film serial directed by Fred C. Brannon and William Witney with Charles Quigley and Linda Stirling playing the leads. This was Witney's last serial, after a career that left him one of the most praised of all serial directors. The serial was re-released as a six-episode television series in the 1950s and as a television film called Cyclotrode "X" in 1966. In the 1990s The Crimson Ghost was one of only two Republic serials to be colorised. The villain of the serial, the Crimson Ghost of the title, is one of the most visually striking of the medium.
The Misfits took the Crimson Ghost as their mascot.
Very intersting. Might check this one out.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Some people like 1980s action flicks. Some people like shlocky horror movies or sci-fi movies. I have a sick penchant for pro-Jesus movies. The type where Jesus is barely mentioned for the most part, and there'll be a scene where the Jesus prophet will be like "You know Jesus died for your sins!" and the person he's talking to will be like "you know, I never thought of it quite that way before."

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Hard Rock Zombies. It's the furthest thing from hard rock you can imagine, and actual zombies play a very small role, but it is one of those abysmally entertaining movies you just have to see. That, and Pod People.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Karate Dog with Chevy Chase, John Voight, and Pat Morita[video=youtube;McGqeq600D8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McGqeq600D8[/video]

So bad, you can't stop watching it.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Karate Dog with Chevy Chase, John Voight, and Pat Morita[video=youtube;McGqeq600D8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McGqeq600D8[/video]

So bad, you can't stop watching it.
That is gold.

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
Dog Soldiers.

The only movie I've ever caught on Syfy and said "fuck, I'm going to buy that DVD."

After looking at everyone else's response to the topic, I don't think Dog Soldiers deserves to be in here.

I'll say Jack Frost/Jack Frost 2 in its place. Chillin' and killin' indeed.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. It's a cheap B-Movie attempting to spoof B-rated Horror Movies. It's classically horrible, but it has fans for some reason.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. It's a cheap B-Movie attempting to spoof B-rated Horror Movies. It's classically horrible, but it has fans for some reason.
LOVE this one. Saw this a long time ago when I was a kid. It was at Blockbuster (hey, remember that place?) and I thought, "What?" Watched it and loved it. I don't know why it's so good, while being so bad

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio

Return of The Killer Tomatoes is my favorite in the series

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Kingdom of the spiders.

[video=youtube;TEutHPsF548]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEutHPsF548[/video]

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Another that's not "unknown" but is a dumb B movie: Damnation Alley.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I always considered Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as the best first cheesy/B movie to get into.