E-cig Thread

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
a 10ml bottle of juice lasted me 2 weeks and that cost $8 and 2 coils broke and those cost $3 for the 2. so, $11 bucks for 2 weeks. a 30ml bottle should last a whole month and depending on where you look, those run from $7 - $15 and coils cost less than $3 a piece. so, i'd say these save you roughly a metric fuck ton of dollars in the first 6 months.
Holy shit, I was still under the impression that these were more expensive than smoking.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Holy shit, I was still under the impression that these were more expensive than smoking.
nope. but it can be if you're just an obsessive, addict asshole. which i've noticed the people on the e cig forum tend to be.

i'm sure there's an attachment for that. there's one for weed, but i doubt it can get hot enough to vaporize that well.
I thought people were smoking the BHO (butane honey oil, a kind of do it yourself hash oil) out of these rather than the plant material, or is that what you are referring to?

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
I thought people were smoking the BHO (butane honey oil, a kind of do it yourself hash oil) out of these rather than the plant material, or is that what you are referring to?
oh, they make attachments for both bho and dry herb. i'd just hate to waste even a bit of weed finding out the dry herb atomizer is a piece of shit.

oh, they make attachments for both bho and dry herb. i'd just hate to waste even a bit of weed finding out the dry herb atomizer is a piece of shit.
Just the process of BHO seems like a waste, look at any how to make video and they are using +$500 dollars worth of weed to make a super concentrate. I guess there are plenty of portable vapes out there anyway for dry. I am a big fan of the table top type vapes can't recommend them enough, but getting too old to be carrying a portable one around to get caught with.

Like with weed vaporizing the E-Cig trend does at least seem like a more healthy alternative. I have talked to many +30 year smokers that have managed to ween their habit down with these things, though a couple of them continue to use them taking hits off the flavored juice.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Just the process of BHO seems like a waste, look at any how to make video and they are using +$500 dollars worth of weed to make a super concentrate. I guess there are plenty of portable vapes out there anyway for dry. I am a big fan of the table top type vapes can't recommend them enough, but getting too old to be carrying a portable one around to get caught with.

Like with weed vaporizing the E-Cig trend does at least seem like a more healthy alternative. I have talked to many +30 year smokers that have managed to ween their habit down with these things, though a couple of them continue to use them taking hits off the flavored juice.
bho is great if you sell and end up with a fuck load of shake, other than that, yea you're kind of an ass to make it. my friend has a bong attachment for smoking that and it's awesome.
2 weeks after switching to the vapor deal, my lungs feel a fuck load better and i don't stink like cancer and death.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
a 10ml bottle of juice lasted me 2 weeks and that cost $8 and 2 coils broke and those cost $3 for the 2. so, $11 bucks for 2 weeks. a 30ml bottle should last a whole month and depending on where you look, those run from $7 - $15 and coils cost less than $3 a piece. so, i'd say these save you roughly a metric fuck ton of dollars in the first 6 months.
Barring startup cost I agree with this 100%.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Barring startup cost I agree with this 100%.
you'll get your start up cost back in the first 2 weeks, unless you go nuts buying your set up. and the logic and blu e-cigs are borderline more expensive than smoking because you have to buy their shitty replacement cartridges instead of picking from a very saturated market of different brands of liquid that all get their flavors from the same fuck companies.

ruckstande

Donator
you'll get your start up cost back in the first 2 weeks, unless you go nuts buying your set up. and the logic and blu e-cigs are borderline more expensive than smoking because you have to buy their shitty replacement cartridges instead of picking from a very saturated market of different brands of liquid that all get their flavors from the same fuck companies.
Plus they suck.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
yeah, i tried a friend's once and understood why he also had a pack of cigarettes. then i was fucking a girl and she got an ego and i'd try it while we were smoking weed and fucking and i didn't smoke cigarettes when she had that thing.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i love and hate you assholes at the same time, ,me being varka salt i bought a blu today on my way home from the inlaws house. i know there are much better options but i just had to try it today. also as usual ive been researching it extensively i think i will eventually order a larger mod style but the blu is just to get my feet wet, i also like the smaller size, i chain smoke constantly at work and the larger unit isn't something that i can keep dangling out of my mouth while "i think" i under stand that it is the more expensive option right now, but im planning on buying another one that is about the same size with refillable cartridges also im buying two packs of smokes a day running me about 14$ if i can whittle that down even paying more for the tailor made refills for the time being so be it. also im a bit of a tinkerer so im sure i will find a way to make something cool.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
yeah, the provari is out of my budget right now. i'm more concerned with finding a brand of juice i really like. so far, i've tried madvapes.com, mtbakervapor.com and dura smoke. the dura smoke was really good but expensive. the other 2 were $7ish for 30ml and good, not great. i just ordered a few 5ml bottles off ecblendflavors.com
ECBlends is excellent.

ruckstande

Donator
I went to a local vaping lounge that just opened. Great place but it's disappointing that they don't make their own juice. I bought my wife EVO juice that they sell and it really stinks. Literally, it smells gross.

ruckstande

Donator
i love and hate you assholes at the same time, ,me being varka salt i bought a blu today on my way home from the inlaws house. i know there are much better options but i just had to try it today. also as usual ive been researching it extensively i think i will eventually order a larger mod style but the blu is just to get my feet wet, i also like the smaller size, i chain smoke constantly at work and the larger unit isn't something that i can keep dangling out of my mouth while "i think" i under stand that it is the more expensive option right now, but im planning on buying another one that is about the same size with refillable cartridges also im buying two packs of smokes a day running me about 14$ if i can whittle that down even paying more for the tailor made refills for the time being so be it. also im a bit of a tinkerer so im sure i will find a way to make something cool.
Don't try to hard to like it. The Blu might really turn you off. Find a vapor store if possible. I remember you saying that you are close to the South Jersey area. I know there is a store in Philly on South Street, an acquaintance of mine owns a place in Blackwood called Mode E Cigs that just opened and their is one in Marlton called Popie's. I know for sure you can taste test in the Jersey stores.

THE FEZ MAN

Don't try to hard to like it. The Blu might really turn you off. Find a vapor store if possible. I remember you saying that you are close to the South Jersey area. I know there is a store in Philly on South Street, an acquaintance of mine owns a place in Blackwood called Mode E Cigs that just opened and their is one in Marlton called Popie's. I know for sure you can taste test in the Jersey stores.
ive been screwing around with it i bought the sample pack, i like the menthol one the others i can take or leave, of course ive been smoking all day and hitting off it when i feel like it, im sure im just creating a monster. my goal is to go from two packs a day to less than one if i can, i think my real test is going to be tomorrow morning im going to try to start my day with it, then when i buy my smokes im going to pick up a pack of the menthol inserts, my ultimate plan is to get a tank one for home and another small one that i can refill the cartridges, a brick and mortar store would be a big help to me since i hate buying shit online until i know exactly what i want .

Dikbag

1 pack a day at 5.75 a pack is $2100 a year

Complete Provari kit $220
Protank 3 x2 $40
Replacement coils x30 $50
30ml juice bottles x 20 $200

total $510 for the year and the Provari should last many years.

THE FEZ MAN

OH you evil evil men, the endless choices of junk i can buy for a new nasty life shortening habit!!!!! i can see this costing me a shit load of money between different models styles batteries tanks wicks doo dadds and thingamagiggers rebuild kits...... not to mention the magic juices that go in.... including magic juice...... this is going to be a problem. oh and so far im smoking one cig to ever two of my old ladys.... eh better than going smoke to smoke with her.

Dikbag

OH you evil evil men, the endless choices of junk i can buy for a new nasty life shortening habit!!!!! i can see this costing me a shit load of money between different models styles batteries tanks wicks doo dadds and thingamagiggers rebuild kits...... not to mention the magic juices that go in.... including magic juice...... this is going to be a problem. oh and so far im smoking one cig to ever two of my old ladys.... eh better than going smoke to smoke with her.
If you don't mind spending the money, it can be a fun little hobby, and it's easy to justify compared to smoking. If you don't want to end up spending a lot of money I'd strongly suggest going right for the Provari or Provari mini. Once you have it in hand you will see why it costs what it does and IMO worth every penny. I've carried mine with me everywhere for 2 years, dropped it many times, and it still looks and works like new. If you want to experiment before investing that much just get a couple ego batteries and some evod tanks, they're cheap and work great. Just be sure to get low resistance coils for it.

ruckstande

Donator
By
If you don't mind spending the money, it can be a fun little hobby, and it's easy to justify compared to smoking. If you don't want to end up spending a lot of money I'd strongly suggest going right for the Provari or Provari mini. Once you have it in hand you will see why it costs what it does and IMO worth every penny. I've carried mine with me everywhere for 2 years, dropped it many times, and it still looks and works like new. If you want to experiment before investing that much just get a couple ego batteries and some evod tanks, they're cheap and work great. Just be sure to get low resistance coils for it.
Provari is really overpriced. This is a much better option. http://www.apolloecigs.com/VTube-kit-p/atube.htm
If you do a Google search you can probably find a coupon for 15-30% off.

Found one.

iknowecigs

ruckstande

Donator
Provari is really overpriced. This is a much better option. http://www.apolloecigs.com/VTube-kit-p/atube.htm

Dikbag

Do you have one of those? If you're just comparing function it would seem that way. I can't really make a valid argument against that particular unit as I've never seen one but It looks just like any of the other countless $100 range vv mods out there. It's big, It only uses the big 18650 batteries. I can use 18650 or 18490 in mine, The Mini can use 18350 or 18490. They will perform the exact same function as a Provari, but for how long?

My buddy at work has had an e-vic for about a month now, it's scratched up and the battery cap threads are all fucked up. it just look and feels really cheap compared to mine. threading the end cap on a Provari has a very satisfying well machined feel to it. You could run it over with a truck no problem.

Most of the "best VV mod" threads over at ECF usually turn into people arguing Provari vs "insert cheap china mod here"
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/415856-best-vv-mod-4.html

ruckstande

Donator
Not that particular model but everything we have purchased from Apollo has been excellent.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
i have yet to read anything bad about provari so that's looking to be my next purchase months down the road, but these look so damn cool