E3 2018

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Yeah I’m on the fence about SJWFIELD.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Its at the point where I don't even wanna waste 4 minutes on watching their videos. I'll just take your word that the conference stunk.
That's why I posted the first Anthem vid. That vid it what the conference should have been.

Terrible conference from EA, as usual.

This came out after and is much better.

Hyped for this game. Announced no loot boxes or pay for power, only " buy what you see" cosmetics.
Three white guys whitesplaining the game. So offended.

Seriously though, always online = no buy from me.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
FPS games are in a weird spot right now. Either massive games like BF with 'eleventy hundred' players at once, or uber tight small maps ala Blops4. Both seem kind of yawn inducing. No middle ground, save that small selection like PUBG type of thing.

Bobobie

Multiplayer ... the big thing right now is Battle Royale games, before that there was shitload of Co-op team shooters. That's why I really really hope Fallout 76 is a single player game.

BIV

They are showing single player at the xbox conference tomorrow, so we'll see.

I couldn't care less about another WWII shooter. Do something new. Alternate timeline, WWII tech level on another planet, add magic, Turtledove style alien invasion, fucking anything other than the world wars.
I don't need sci-fi, but do something that isn't rooted in known history. It's boring.

BIV

As long as you can play the whole thing single player, I'm fine with it.

I thought I was going to hate drop in-drop out co-op in Monster Hunter and I was glad it was optional...but once I decided to give it a chance, it ended up being great.

If Bioware really is going to give us a fully fleshed out single player and have the area between the missions be a persistent world, that could be amazing.

If it works.

BIV

My opinion of Bethesda at this point.

They are still, IMO, the best major game developer in the business.

CD Project Red are poised to steal the mantle, but you need more than one franchise before you get to claim it.

I used to throw R* up there, but I despise GTA Online. Really looking forward to RDR2, but R* needs to show me something.

CD Project Red are poised to steal the mantle, but you need more than one franchise before you get to claim it.

I used to throw R* up there, but I despise GTA Online. Really looking forward to RDR2, but R* needs to show me something.
You talking the RPG studio or the whole company that includes Dishonored, Doom, ect?

Beside my years long love of CDP there's also Larian Studios at the moment. They got some help from living legend Chris Avellone but I still mostly credit them with making one of the best RPGs of all time last year.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
They are showing single player at the xbox conference tomorrow, so we'll see.

I couldn't care less about another WWII shooter. Do something new. Alternate timeline, WWII tech level on another planet, add magic, Turtledove style alien invasion, fucking anything other than the world wars.
I don't need sci-fi, but do something that isn't rooted in known history. It's boring.
B-but they’re gonna have women with prosthetic arms on the front lines...that’s new! Black soldiers in the Nazi army! Don’t be such an -ist.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
FPS games are in a weird spot right now. Either massive games like BF with 'eleventy hundred' players at once, or uber tight small maps ala Blops4. Both seem kind of yawn inducing. No middle ground, save that small selection like PUBG type of thing.
I love a good Battlefield with 64 players on a map but the smug comments from some of the devs about any fans who don’t want women on the front lines of a WWII shooter are quite off-putting.

I love a good Battlefield with 64 players on a map but the smug comments from some of the devs about any fans who don’t want women on the front lines of a WWII shooter are quite off-putting.
But the main guy has a daughter. How is he supposed to explain to her she can't play as a women because men have tradionally had the privilage of being sent to die and suffer for their sake? She's the real victim here.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
But the main guy has a daughter. How is he supposed to explain to her she can't play as a women because men have tradionally had the privilage of being sent to die and suffer for their sake? She's the real victim here.
You saw that shit? Ugh. Fuck these faggot Swedes.

BIV

Microsoft up at 1:00 pm. They really need to step up this year. They have not had a good year with their first and second party games.

You saw that shit? Ugh. Fuck these faggot Swedes.
That was his reasoning. He wants his daughter, who is probably not even old enough to play BF, to have someone she can play as. He doesn't want to explain why she isn't represented in the death strewn battlefield.

Last edited:

Bobobie

Bethesda make single player RPG's. If it's a MORPG or anything else it gets passed on to another developer. At least that is what Howard claimed during the release of Fallout 4. He said he's not interested in making anything else.

My favorite thing about Microsofts presentation: They saved Cyberpunk for last, and every headline is Cyberpunk and not Fallout.

That said, Ori and Cyberpunk were the best parts of the show.

Oh, and Chris Avellone presented a game. That's awesome. His game looked pretty good too. Never played the first one but now that he's on-board I'm sure to play.

BIV

Cyberpunk and Division 2 both looked great.

Still don't know what to think of F76. Bethesda makes/releases great games so they've earned the benefit of the doubt.