EA tries to buy Take Two

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
EA Games sucks dick. They try to cut corners on production and their games suffer because of it. They put out garbage, like Tom Clancey games.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
They do make a decent NHL franchise though, and Tiger Woods games are sweet too.
That last Tiger Woods game looked like garbage. I played the demo and couldn't believe it was on a next-gen system.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Yeah, a lot of people complain about that, especially the gallery in the game. The gameplay is great though.

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
No, shit, its bad enough that 2k sports college hoops won't be back and to be stuck with a far inferior playing EA ncaa basketball game.

2K Sports has decided not to continue negotiations with the CLC for the license for its top-rated College Hoops franchise, which would have been released next in November 2008. We are committed to providing fans with high-quality, critically-acclaimed sports games, but given our disciplined approach to the business, we do not believe the current discussions would result in an acceptable outcome.

lilherojimmy

Apr 12, 2007
EA Games sucks dick. They try to cut corners on production and their games suffer because of it. They put out garbage, like Tom Clancey games.
I thought Ubisoft made the Tom Clancy games? Besides, RB6:Vegas was pretty good, and the sequel comes out in two weeks.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
If EA gets it hands on Take-Two then no more GTA(a good one at least) MLB2k and MLB. EA will hold tthe exclusive rights to the NFL and MLB.
The only reason there was a MLB 07 last year is because Take Two got the exclusive rights and shared them with Sony, 2K and anybody besides EA. It was mainly a retaliatory move by Take Two after they bought out exclusive rights to the NFL.
Take Two is obviously holding out til they see how well GTA does when it comes out. EA wants to do it now because it will be alot more difficult for them to pull it off after GTA comes out and does well(which it will!)

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
EA DESTROYED NBA Live. Even G4 X-Play said that it was a pale version of its past glory. I don't like the idea of them getting their hands on GTA.

Hopefully TT will hold out, but i wouldnt be surprised if they became another group of investors who screw over their product base. I guess we have to be fair here though, because there is no doubt the gta franchise will command a huge pile of money, which would tempt anybody.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I'm so happy that I got Take Two when it was $15.60

I did sell though when the bid was offered :icon_redf

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
Ask any1 who plays NASCAR 08. They released that piece of shit in july. It was loaded with flaws to the point that 3 out of 4 online races would end with disconnects/frozen console, when other players talked thier names would appear dead center of the screen, cars would crash and heavily damage each other under caution with no control given to players and they would send out "bi-weekly" podcasts every 5 weeks saying they were 3-4 weeks away from finishing the patch. Finally in the 3rd week of January they release the patch. The patch fixes the players name in the middle of the screen and fixes the caution crashing but fucks up more shit in other areas of teh game it has pretty much rendered it useless. 6 months of 1 promised patch only to shit on its customer base with a half ass effort to fix 25% of the problems in a game? Smooth. Lets not even start with the whole "why does EA insist on forcing people to play on its own shit servers?" FUCK EA.

Slayback

The Host has removed you from the game.
Nov 13, 2006
Fucking Texas
The latest I heard on this is that Take 2 is trying to stall until GTAIV comes out but that the buyout will eventually happen. EA is a cancer in the gaming community.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
EA is a cancer in the gaming community.
Pretty much, Madden has been crap for the past 3 years, they're more worry about who is on the cover than the game play itself :rolleyes:

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Jack Thompson offered EA his assistance on the take-over, and EA promptly told him to get fucked.

Linky

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
Ask any1 who plays NASCAR 08. They released that piece of shit in july. It was loaded with flaws to the point that 3 out of 4 online races would end with disconnects/frozen console, when other players talked thier names would appear dead center of the screen, cars would crash and heavily damage each other under caution with no control given to players and they would send out "bi-weekly" podcasts every 5 weeks saying they were 3-4 weeks away from finishing the patch. Finally in the 3rd week of January they release the patch. The patch fixes the players name in the middle of the screen and fixes the caution crashing but fucks up more shit in other areas of teh game it has pretty much rendered it useless. 6 months of 1 promised patch only to shit on its customer base with a half ass effort to fix 25% of the problems in a game? Smooth. Lets not even start with the whole "why does EA insist on forcing people to play on its own shit servers?" FUCK EA.
That is such a shitty game. Why cant I create a car with something other than one of 4 pre-designed shitty graphic templates (and use it anywhere in the game for that matter) with a double digit number? Nascar doesnt even ALLOW three digit numbers on cars anymore. Never mind how they skimp through the Busch and Truck Series rosters, and have 50 cars with three digit numbers and fake sponsors on them as field fillers. The Chase mode is garbage.

And we have to put up with this shit because Papyrus/Sierra no longer makes their Nascar PC games.

M

MasticatorDelux

I think EA is a great company who regularly produces genre-defining games. I think that only good things will come of a TT buyout, and I look forward to it. Perhaps EA should buy Valve, so higher-quality Half-Life inspired games could be made. I really look forward to it.

Also, cocks.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Pretty much, Madden has been crap for the past 3 years, they're more worry about who is on the cover than the game play itself :rolleyes:
That's because the last couple of years they haven't got any competition because they own the NFL exclusive license. At least with MLB we got a choice.
There is word another company may try to beat EA to it. A company that has done kinda well lately, Activision(COD4).

Hope Take-Two holds up.

Slayback

The Host has removed you from the game.
Nov 13, 2006
Fucking Texas
That's because the last couple of years they haven't got any competition because they own the NFL exclusive license. At least with MLB we got a choice.
There is word another company may try to beat EA to it. A company that has done kinda well lately, Activision(COD4).

Hope Take-Two holds up.
I think I remember reading that Activision/Blizzard was not interested in aquiring Take 2. I'll try to find the link.