OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Earl: An Employee Psychological Profile

Discussion in 'Classic Ron & Fez Discussion' started by sidepiece, Dec 6, 2007.

1. sidepiece

sidepiece "You've been Juiced"

Companies hire me to help them with staffing and employee evaluations. After hearing today's show and recognizing the type of behavior Earl is exhibiting, I felt very compelled to write here.

In basic terms, Earl simply does not have the "internal hardwiring" to understand or execute his job as an Executive Producer.

If you sat 10 people in a room and had them describe the job description of an Executive Producer, a majority of the people would use terms like "responsibility", "running the show", "being in control". In having a basic common sense understanding of this position, a majority of the people would also see the title of Executive Producer as being a vehicle for career advancement. Meaning, If I perform well enough in this position, I have the opportunity to move onto even bigger career opportunities. Once again, Earl does not exhibit a common sense understanding of his position in comparison to a majority of potential candidates who would jump at the change to excel and perform the position to the best of it's ability.

You can break down the reason for Earl's behavior into two possible categories:

!. Cultural - Earl may have not been raised with "typical" common sense values relating to work and responsibility in comparison to a majority of the average work force. Earl does not seem to understand the responsibility of his position or recognize the opportunity to advance his career as a result of performing well in his position. In my opinion, a portion of the responsibility for Earl's behavior lies with his employer. Someone who exhibits these employee traits should have never been promoted to such an important position without prior thorough screening and evaluation. It is no longer optimal for Earl to apply his "just getting by" approach to such a position of power. This situation should have been dealt with previously before he was allowed to operate in this function for as long as he has. He may have possible legal recourse if he is ever removed from this position due to length of tenure.

2. Aptitude - Earl may not have the aptitude or natural maturity and responsibility to handle a position of power.

How you handle removing someone like Earl from the position:

Earl may translate any type of corporate HR action regarding his job status as being a personal attack against him. His demonstrated inability to handle job related pressure and his tendency to exhibit violent outbursts are all warning signs. Develop a detailed security plan before executing action.

2. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

In other word's you're calling him a useless nagger, better suited to flipping burgers.

3. askewcore

askewcore Why am I Mr. Sparkle?

Let us not forget, the Ron and Fez, while great, absolutly destroys producers (save for Rory "Fez's Boy Toy" Hamptons). Harry, Earl, Al, Dumpy, the show just seems to grind up producers. That being said, Earl is useless and needs to go, if for nothing else other than so they can get a real EP and Fez can go back to co-hosting and end the Ron and ESD show.

4. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Pretty good... seems to hit the nail right on the head. But there were a few things missing... mention of Earl's persecution complex, his victim mentality, and his blatant and repeated dishonesty.

Any company attempting to terminate Earl as an employee better be well-prepared to fork over forty acres and a mule.

5. Flounder61

Flounder61 Banned

If you want to get rid of Earl, just leave a trail of bannanas leading to thr front door.

6. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Oh that's so funny, its because Earl is black and black people are supposed to be like gorillas, who eat bananas. That's gold my friend, gold. Also love sidepiece's avatar.

7. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

It would have been funnier if he spelled "bananas" and "the" right.

8. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Earl won't fall for any banana in his tailpipe.

9. Fruit Monkey

Fruit Monkey Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning

Hate to be the spoil sport here but If Earl was as bad as we hear "on air" don't you think he would be gone. Come on man, it's a RADIO sHOW!!!

10. MJMANDALAY

MJMANDALAY Registered User

11. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

I think Earl is fishing for some kind of malady that will allow him to get disability payments and not have to work. He tried fainting, sleeplessness, dizziness, panic, zoning out. None have any medical reasons that any doctors can find.

I once bought a repossessed house at a sheriff sale. All the old junk was in it and you could go through the years of papers and see how the losers tried everything to get both him and her on some kind of disability. Spent years at it when they could have just got a job.

12. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Earl's head is all sorts of fucked up from that church he goes to. It must be a cult of stupidity.

A good deprogramming is in order.

Earl should join some Satanist and report back on what they're up to.

13. shakespear

shakespear Registered User

I dont get it. Just write him up, X amount of times, then fire him.

Whats the problem?

14. MJMANDALAY

MJMANDALAY Registered User

Your silly trying to make scence. :icon_mrgr

15. sidepiece

sidepiece "You've been Juiced"

I love when certain types of people seek out "medical attention" for their job difficulties... Earl has been doing this same routine since WNEW.

16. meanmarv

meanmarv "café con piernas"

What if it's all an act? I said this many months ago that anyone that has had the type of employee issues would have been long gone even if they worked for the government. I say he be nominated for an acting award or the people he works for need to quit complaining as they enable him be not taking action.

Boobies

17. TonyBagels

TonyBagels Gemutlichkeit

Don't forget that Ron has stated he will never fire someone, but rather make them hate their job so much that they quit. How can Earl hate his job, when it's his home?

18. mikek

mikek Fatty made love to a cupcake

I did my own analysis: Earl's a poopyhead.

Seriously, though, sidepiece is dead-on. Earl's been acting this way since 'NEW. He'd get pushed until he snapped, either by smashing equipment or abandoning his post in the middle of the show.

Regardless of the reason, it's clear he's not up to the task of producing a major-market radio show.

Like T.B. mentioned, Ron said he'd never fire anyone. Maybe that's a shortcoming. It's certainly frustrating to the fans who, in the absence of 'real' show material, instead have to put up with fake, hysterical laughter and incessant stories the The Cool Kids' Clique.

Then again, maybe I'm just a jaded asshole.

19. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

No way dude, you're not jaded because I'm starting to feel the same way and I have seen a couple of posts to back up that feeling. The 1 hour of Earl Bashing, plus the two other things you have mentioned really make listening to the show unbearbale sometimes, to the point I have it on as background noise. I don't know what this medical condition is that Earl has, so I'll back down from my current position of letting him go. Also there are only so many times you can tell yourself its just a radio show bit.