Earl - Longest Producer in R&F History

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
At least I think so.

I'd like to congratulate Earl, god knows I didnt think he'd make it this far. And it could be worse, he could be Dave.

Huzzah Earl !

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
Lazy, lucky, step and fetch it Knitter.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
Fuck him. No praise for this excuse-spewing, lazy, pass the buck worthless asshole. He should have been fired 10x already and did resign only to renege and come back like a worm.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Technically I don't think so, since he lost the EP position, his status of "Producer" (not EP) started at that point. Two different titles.

However he might hold the position of "Longest Staffer in RNF History", although that one might not be true.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ron: "Earl, why didn't that get done?"
Earl: "
"

Luftwaffe

drinking: Terrapin Wake-N-Bake
Oct 17, 2002
Has he walked out more times then anyone else too?

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Technically I don't think so, since he lost the EP position, his status of "Producer" (not EP) started at that point. Two different titles.

However he might hold the position of "Longest Staffer in RNF History", although that one might not be true.
But the executive producer is a producer, right? I actually have no idea the difference between a regular producer and EP as far as duties go. It seems that any title that has the word "producer" in it would qualify a person to be in the running for longest-serving producer.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
Fuck him. No praise for this excuse-spewing, lazy, pass the buck worthless asshole. He should have been fired 10x already and did resign only to renege and come back like a worm.
white people are so scared....

eh, i think i like Earl when he's just talking with Ron and Fez. If he's in his element talking about sports or music i enjoy hearing him. it's when he fucks up and starts making excuses that he gets annoying. congrats earl...in '08 take some ambien, try not to fuck up as much, and for christ's sake stop acting so awkward

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY

This is about Earl, not Dave.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I think when he resigned and came back that set the clock back to zero. That's how it is anywhere else. You leave, you lose any seniority you had and the time you worked prior means nothing.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I think when he resigned and came back that set the clock back to zero. That's how it is anywhere else. You leave, you lose any seniority you had and the time you worked prior means nothing.

Not always, the place I work bridges time all the time

3 Arab Jackers

I have always assumed that this was all a bit. If Earl is as bad as he is made out to be, then why would he not have been replaced sooner? The "Earl sucks" bit has been going on since even before the show came to XM. I remember him taking some heat on an appearance on O&A when they were talking about the upcoming show.

Maybe it is a bit, with this thread included, and I am doesn't-get-the-bit guy.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I have always assumed that this was all a bit. If Earl is as bad as he is made out to be, then why would he not have been replaced sooner? The "Earl sucks" bit has been going on since even before the show came to XM. I remember him taking some heat on an appearance on O&A when they were talking about the upcoming show.

Maybe it is a bit, with this thread included, and I am doesn't-get-the-bit guy.
With every great bit, there's lot of truth. In this case, the bit became a shoot a long time ago. And I don't say that to bash Earl, but really the Ron and Fez show is basically a reality radio show, it really is mostly a shoot.

In Earl's case, if you listen to the early XM days, you hear a different Earl and a different Ron reacting to that Earl. You could probably map a steady decrease in the amount of respect Earl gets as the progresses. You hear "Kool Kat Earl", who Ron seems to respect and bounce off of at times. Even when he stutters, Ron still goes to him. Now Earl is a shell of the "Kool Kat".

How did we get to that point? Let's look at this. Earl started the job and didn't have much to worry about. He's an unorganized (and I'm not saying that to bash, just from hearing) employee, but when you first start a job, this doesn't matter. Eventually it does catch up with you as more and more shit goes undone. Then the stress starts to get to Earl. He starts fainting and goes through a litany of medical problems, as he body and mind reacts to the stress. This makes him even worse at his job. Finally he breaks down completely, leaves his job, but luckily for him Dr Steve saves his ass big time.

What should we expect from 2008 Earl? I doubt much. Dr Steve should realize that Earl's terrible sleeping condition is due to his mind and body reacting to the stressful environment. It's a physical problem due to an emotional reaction to his external environment. They'll try to prescribe him Ambient or whatever is instyle for sleeping meds, he won't take it because it has the devil in it or whatever he'll say. So he'll try some homeopathic and natural shit that probably won't work because it's snake oil. Then he'll probably develop a different physical problem and blame it on that.

Enjoy the ride peoplel.

mikeyboy

Dec 19, 2002
Not sure, but Hawk may still have him beat if you're talking about producers in general and not EPs.

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
Saffy's good radio but producing? meh?