OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Earl - Longest Producer in R&F History

Discussion in 'Classic Ron & Fez Discussion' started by MilkmanDan, Dec 27, 2007.

1. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan Uncontrollable Urge

At least I think so.

I'd like to congratulate Earl, god knows I didnt think he'd make it this far. And it could be worse, he could be Dave.

Huzzah Earl !

2. psyduck

psyduck Registered User

Lazy, lucky, step and fetch it Knitter.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

3. Gonzoid

Gonzoid The Tenacious T-Bagger

Fuck him. No praise for this excuse-spewing, lazy, pass the buck worthless asshole. He should have been fired 10x already and did resign only to renege and come back like a worm.

4. RMPGP

RMPGP Registered User

Technically I don't think so, since he lost the EP position, his status of "Producer" (not EP) started at that point. Two different titles.

However he might hold the position of "Longest Staffer in RNF History", although that one might not be true.

5. Philly loser

Philly loser Wackbag Elder Statesman

By longest, you mean worst?

6. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Ron: "Earl, why didn't that get done?"
    Earl: "[​IMG]"

7. RMPGP

RMPGP Registered User

Depends if you are a size queen or not. Giant Brian might have an edge, we'd have to get out the measuring tape to find out.

8. Luftwaffe

Luftwaffe drinking: Terrapin Wake-N-Bake

Has he walked out more times then anyone else too?

9. seeinred

seeinred White Death

But the executive producer is a producer, right? I actually have no idea the difference between a regular producer and EP as far as duties go. It seems that any title that has the word "producer" in it would qualify a person to be in the running for longest-serving producer.

10. krisko

krisko Mrs. Fuckin Funny

white people are so scared....

eh, i think i like Earl when he's just talking with Ron and Fez. If he's in his element talking about sports or music i enjoy hearing him. it's when he fucks up and starts making excuses that he gets annoying. congrats earl...in '08 take some ambien, try not to fuck up as much, and for christ's sake stop acting so awkward

11. TJLamb0518

TJLamb0518 Jumping That Shark....

This is about Earl, not Dave.

12. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

I think when he resigned and came back that set the clock back to zero. That's how it is anywhere else. You leave, you lose any seniority you had and the time you worked prior means nothing.

13. TJLamb0518

TJLamb0518 Jumping That Shark....

Not always, the place I work bridges time all the time

14. 3 Arab Jackers

3 Arab Jackers Registered User

I have always assumed that this was all a bit. If Earl is as bad as he is made out to be, then why would he not have been replaced sooner? The "Earl sucks" bit has been going on since even before the show came to XM. I remember him taking some heat on an appearance on O&A when they were talking about the upcoming show.

Maybe it is a bit, with this thread included, and I am doesn't-get-the-bit guy.

15. RMPGP

RMPGP Registered User

With every great bit, there's lot of truth. In this case, the bit became a shoot a long time ago. And I don't say that to bash Earl, but really the Ron and Fez show is basically a reality radio show, it really is mostly a shoot.

In Earl's case, if you listen to the early XM days, you hear a different Earl and a different Ron reacting to that Earl. You could probably map a steady decrease in the amount of respect Earl gets as the progresses. You hear "Kool Kat Earl", who Ron seems to respect and bounce off of at times. Even when he stutters, Ron still goes to him. Now Earl is a shell of the "Kool Kat".

How did we get to that point? Let's look at this. Earl started the job and didn't have much to worry about. He's an unorganized (and I'm not saying that to bash, just from hearing) employee, but when you first start a job, this doesn't matter. Eventually it does catch up with you as more and more shit goes undone. Then the stress starts to get to Earl. He starts fainting and goes through a litany of medical problems, as he body and mind reacts to the stress. This makes him even worse at his job. Finally he breaks down completely, leaves his job, but luckily for him Dr Steve saves his ass big time.

What should we expect from 2008 Earl? I doubt much. Dr Steve should realize that Earl's terrible sleeping condition is due to his mind and body reacting to the stressful environment. It's a physical problem due to an emotional reaction to his external environment. They'll try to prescribe him Ambient or whatever is instyle for sleeping meds, he won't take it because it has the devil in it or whatever he'll say. So he'll try some homeopathic and natural shit that probably won't work because it's snake oil. Then he'll probably develop a different physical problem and blame it on that.

Enjoy the ride peoplel.

16. mikeyboy

mikeyboy Registered User

Not sure, but Hawk may still have him beat if you're talking about producers in general and not EPs.

17. GorilaBoyNorton

:OPIE LAUGH:

good one.

18. predators1998

predators1998 Registered User

Fuckin quotas...

19. jules

jules uppity taxpayer

longest and worst shithead ever

20. Maynard K

Maynard K Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!

Saffy's good radio but producing? meh?

21. Mindslayer

Mindslayer Best in the Biz

Fuck Febreeze.