Eastern Promises (David Cronenberg)

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm bored so I'm taking SOS' gig for movies opening this week.

IMDB plot:
The film follows the mysterious and ruthless Nikolai (Viggo Mortensen), who is tied to one of London's most notorious organized crime families. His carefully maintained existence is jarred when he crosses paths with Anna (Naomi Watts), an innocent midwife trying to right a wrong, who accidentally uncovers potential evidence against the family. Now Nikolai must put into motion a harrowing chain of murder, deceit, and retribution.
IMDB Page: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0765443/

I love Cronenberg so am definitely going to see this.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I miss the days when all his films had a character with some sort of vaginal-like cavity on their body.

This looks good I just hope it's better than A History Of Violence, after incredible reviews across the board I was underwhelmed.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
LiddyRules said:
I'm bored so I'm taking SOS' gig for movies opening this week.
I add the links to Yahoo! movies because that's the site that I go to first. I add Rotten Tomatoes because that is the site Opie likes using and regularly mentions it. IMDB is the staple. I also add a link to a trailer because some people may not see the commercials or trailers in theaters.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I add the links to Yahoo! movies because that's the site that I go to first. I add Rotten Tomatoes because that is the site Opie likes using and regularly mentions it. IMDB is the staple. I also add a link to a trailer because some people may not see the commercials or trailers in theaters.
For next week, unless you do it first, I'll continue that path.

I miss the days when all his films had a character with some sort of vaginal-like cavity on their body.
Love Videodrome.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I just saw Eastern Promises and was thought it was fantastic. Unfortunately, it seemed really too short. Other than that, however, Cronenberg nails another one. Just one warning: Aragorn's cock. But if you can handle seeing a man's penis (unlike certain radio hosts), I highly recommend it.