Eddie Griffin Kicked out of event for using the "N-Word"

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Metro News:
A well-known comic was shown the door at a recent appearance before he even was able to finish his set. TMZ.com says Eddie Griffin was part of the entertainment at a "Black Enterprise" event over the weekend. When Griffin started into his routine laced with the "N-word," the magazine's owner and publisher Earl Graves took exception. Graves had Griffin's microphone cut off before taking the stage to address the crowd. He told the crowd, quote, "We will not allow our culture to go backwards. We will pay Mr. Griffin all that we owe him but we will not allow him to finish the show if that's the way he's going to talk."
Thought this was O&A topical.

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I think black comedians are now in position to fight political correctness and they'll probably be better at than white people. because really, the white people that go along with PC shit only do it for the moral approval of black people.

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
Al's own standup: Gems include multiple references to N***ers, KFC consumers and watermelon feedbags for black folk.

[yt]ZeS4gEi4gRI[/yt]

Al's wants you to "off the pigs" ... vote for Kerry
[yt]PD5NqQR7nOc[/yt]

Al on the Jews ...
[yt]FVJ14uL22R4[/yt]

Al on the mormons ...
[yt]rUMQw-hVlc0[/yt]

And so many more!

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
some tmz poster said:
Wow TMZ, Facts are NOT quite the way I saw it. I WAS THERE!!! Yes Eddie griffin show was stopped and yes he was offense to the audience, but he really didnt use the N word as described ( I count one reference where he said, "I'm not suppose to use the N-word so I'll say M.F. instead. Can yall handle that?). His show was stopped when he began discussing OJ, Kobe and white women in comparison to Michael Vick and the dog incident; whereby, OJ ( allegedly killed a white woman and Kobe allegedly ***** a white woman and did not go to jail, yet Michael Vick admittedly killed dogs and will be going to jail.) Irrespective of the facts being accurate, the show still was appropriately stopped because folks were offended by his brand of comedy. It was truly the wrong venue for Eddie Griffin and whoever hired him could not have put much thought into the audience that is traditionally at the event (this being my 7th year in attendance).
hmmm ... comedian bombs or racial outrage fires up Allllllllllll .... sounds like someone took lemons and made lemonade.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Ive watched a couple eddie griffin stand ups on tv. he writes decent material but his delivery stinks. so I could see a touchy subject going awfully wrong and bombing

Butter Nuggets

May 29, 2006
Graves had Griffin's microphone cut off before taking the stage to address the crowd. He told the crowd, quote, "We will not allow our culture to go backwards. We will pay Mr. Griffin all that we owe him but we will not allow him to finish the show if that's the way he's going to talk."
Overreacting to the n-word, by stopping performances, lawsuits, boycotts, and in opie's and countless others' cases, violence, pushes black culture back farther than anything that will ever come out of Griffin's mouth.

They will forever be inferior in their own and other peoples' minds if they continue to overreact. Which is fine by me.

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
as posted on tmz.com ...

Eddies Brother said:
83. I was there back stage when all this took place and here is what really happened. First of all they told Eddie before we went to the venue that he could not say this and that, he said ok i'll just get up there and thank a few peolpe and walk. I forget the gentlemans name but he went and told Mr. Grayes son that is running the magazine Black Enterprise. He[Eddie] told them repeatedly that they knew who he was and what they were getting when they hired him, and if they wanted a Bill Cosby type then they should have hired Bill Cosby[no offense to DR. Cosby]. Then Mr. Grayes son came back stage and said " you can do your show don't worry about anything say what you want don't worry about a thing". this was after he found out that most of the people were there to see Eddie. He didn't want to do the show in the first place because he is an artist, and you can't sensor his art form. After being assured by Mr. Grayes son he did it. I personally think it was a punk move on Black Enterprise behalf to let him get up there then cut his mike off. When it was over The elder Mr. Grayes tried to have us thrown off the resort for doing a show that his son approved. Then we found out he wanted Eddie to come to his room and apologize for doing what he was hired to do, so Eddie being the man that he is said "he should come down and apologize to me I didn't do anything wrong". That never happened so both of Mr. Grayes sons came down and apologized for their father. Al SHarpton is a hippocrit he and Eddie talk all the time and for him of all people to come out and say this is wrong. Where was the "good Reverend" when the segregation law was overturned it is now legal to have seperate water fountains and bathrooms again thus the Gena 6. Wake up my people they have "Weapons of Mass Distractions" smoke and mirrors. Freedom of speech is next. prtect the firs amendment. Wilbert is my name my email address is babydoz25@yahoo.com I will always defend my brother "we all we got".

Posted at 2:26AM on Sep 5th 2007 by Eddie's Brother

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
These black people who follow Al Sharpton are fucking sheep. How can they not realize that Allllllll is just making the word stronger? Al loves it, by making ****** a big deal again he's always going to be getting publicity. He might as well get royalty checks every time someone says it. He pushes down his own race in order to climb higher.

I can hardly blame Al, he's great at distracting everyone from how big of a douche he is and making money in the process. What annoys me is that as a group, black people are just fucking retarded. They had the right idea by using nigga constantly to remove its impact, but they kept anyone else from saying it so the word still retained all its power. In the end they only took away its power when a black person says it...Yeah , great job. Now Sharpton has somehow pulled them back where even niggas cant say nigga anymore. Al Sharpton is to Civil Rights as Larry Craig is to Anti-gay legislation. He'll say racism is bad and then turn around and suck a cock...Wait what? My point is if Al Sharpton gave a shit about the black community he'd say "Hey white people, use ****** at every opportunity! Put it in sentences that don't even require it. And black people, stop acting like babies every time you hear it." Within a month the word would actually be dead.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
not that eddie griffin is particularly funny, but imagine if this had happened in Richard Pryor's day.

Ari Shaffir

Dec 4, 2006
Hollywood
I want to know where Eddie Griffin's brother matriculated. That'ss sum fanetaztik speling.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
silly shit, day after day... fuck this ****** bullshit and concentrate on helping people who actualy need and would benefit from it... this is all pissing in the wind.

complete waste of resources... any arcticle or film is a waste of film and or ink.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
No more spelling nazi's on the internet, please.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
No more spelling nazi's on the internet, please.
It's not spelling, they are two different things. Mike is someones name and mic is short for microphone. It's really not that difficult.

Also I was referring to the article and not people that post on a message board.

Stalker Patti

Dec 10, 2002
Midtown,Manhattan
When will patrons to Comedy shows realize that the material is what it is, and if it is NOT their type of entertainment or show, get up out of the seat, go to the box office, get their money back and LEAVE!? If you can't handle the program, SWITCH TO SOMETHING ELSE MORE TO YOUR LIKING. This is 2007, not the year I was born!