Eight New York police officers arrested in gun trafficking bust

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
http://wireupdate.com/news/eight-new-york-police-officers-arrested-in-gun-trafficking-bust.htm

Eight current and retired officers with the New York Police Department were among twelve people arrested on Tuesday for their alleged participation in gun trafficking operations, prosecutors said.

The twelve people arrested, which included five active New York Police Department officers and three who are retired, were charged for allegedly accepting thousands of dollars to transport firearms and stolen merchandise into the state.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I suppose they will be tried and given sentences tougher than a football player with a gun would get. Right?

Sep 28, 2010
Hey haven't seen kidconnor on here .....

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Hang'em by their balls. Way to help your fellow officers and the people you were sworn to protect. Dicks

on a side note $2,000-$5,000 for the guns but $15,000 for the smokes

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
Haha I meant locked up.
Nope. No handcuffs for me.

I can't picture these guys by name but I know I have seen and almost definitely talked to them in the past 2 years.

I said last night that guys might make excuses why they did this. The morale in the dept sucks, economy sucks, just need a little money to make ends meet.. but there is no excuse for this at all. 18 years and you throw it away for what? A couple of thousand? What you make in pension and medical benefits far out weighs that. Now you leave your families in the dust as you rot in jail and they get nothing.

But the money is beside the point. For you to even consider doing anything like this is unfathomable for me. You're a fucking criminal.

I love how when they get caught the lawyer always says they are going to fight the charges in court and will be vindicated. This investigation was done by the feds. EVERYTHING you said and did is on audio or video. You aint being vindicated for shit.

It's a tough time to be a cop in NY. I can name a dozen stories off the top of my head on our guys doing criminal shit in the recent years. And fuck them, I am glad they got caught. But it plants seeds of doubt in the public. It creates a lack of trust. A public image that has been down for the count since Louima. I don't think we've ever recovered from that.

Aside from the public, it creates doubt from within. Turns us against each other. And that creates a horrible work environment. Morale is the lowest I have seen and I don't see any way out.

I've always said to become a cop you have to want to be one. It has to be in you somewhere. That "pride" you have in becoming one should keep you out of shit like this by itself. On the contrary if you take this job just because it's a job and has benefits then you will be a horrible cop and in some cases a horrible boss. And in that case the job suffers more than the public you deal with every day.

Ahhh fuck it, I could go on for a while.. blah blah blah.. enjoy jail shitheads.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
I've always said to become a cop you have to want to be one. It has to be in you somewhere. That "pride" you have in becoming one should keep you out of shit like this by itself. On the contrary if you take this job just because it's a job and has benefits then you will be a horrible cop and in some cases a horrible boss. And in that case the job suffers more than the public you deal with every day.

Motherfucking this ^^

Same thing with any other job, Military, Investment etc...

Guess it's just something that's always happened and always will with humans. If the ivory white towers of morality in religion can't even follow basic morals that they preach, gonna be hard for the rest of humanity.