Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Jul 6, 5:22 PM EDT

Elite counterdrug units proposed for Mexico

By FRANK BAJAK
Associated Press

BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) -- The widely-respected Colombian cop hired to advise Mexico's president-elect on security policy is recommending the creation of elite military-police units to target not just major drug traffickers but also the lower-level cartel soldiers who do most of the killing.

Newly retired Colombian police director Gen. Oscar Naranjo also tells The Associated Press he also believes that it is feasible to sharply reduce Mexico's drug-related violence in the first 100 days of Enrique Pena Nieto's presidency.

Elected on Sunday, Pena Nieto takes office on Dec. 1.

Naranjo said Friday that while it's important to go after high-level targets Mexico should not neglect the so-called collection agencies that hire cartel assassins and enforcers. Such criminals are responsible for the bulk of Mexico's more than 47,500 drug war deaths since late 2006

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...RUG_WAR?SECTION=HOME&SITE=AP&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
So dead...

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Let's do more of what doesn't work. What could go wrong?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't know, It worked well in Columbia. What Mexico needs is a group like Los Pepes AKA the police and Delta Force operators killing the faggot drug barons.
Oooooor they could just legalize drug use and possession which would force the cartels to either legitimize or face being forced out of their own business while they lose the capital necessary to remain well-armed.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I don't know, It worked well in Columbia. What Mexico needs is a group like Los Pepes AKA the police and Delta Force operators killing the faggot drug barons.
Nothing worked well for a long and explosive time in colombia. Now magnify that 10x with the amount of ruthless and better funded cartels in mexico.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
Oooooor they could just legalize drug use and possession which would force the cartels to either legitimize or face being forced out of their own business while they lose the capital necessary to remain well-armed.
Drugs have been decriminalized in small amounts for years there. But i It's so violent that any legitimate competative business gets destroyed by the cartels or by the corrupt police or the military death squads. Our shitty president isn't helping the situation either. He was bitching about them decriminalizing drugs there while allowing FF to go on. Instead of wasting our time in Afghanistan we need to focus on the border.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Drugs have been decriminalized in small amounts for years there.
Alright, then let's just legalize them here and start making all of them stateside. (Although, let's be honest; the best coke would probably still come from Columbia.)

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
> Pepito: Maria likes me, but cheese fat.
> When all my family get in the car, there's not mushroom.
> My fren wanted 2 become a citizen but she didn't know how to read so I shoulder.
> My fren always Texas me when I'm not home wondering where I'm at!
> Me and my fren ordered pizza. I got mine piece and she got herpes.
> Ju told me ju were going to tha store and July to me! Julyer!
> I had 2 cars but my wife rectum!
> I was going to go to the store with my wife but chicken go herself.
> We only have one enchilada left, but don't worry wheelchair
> My wife plays the lottery so chicken wing.
> My wife caught me in bed with another women and I told her honey
harassment nothing to me.
> My wife fell down the stair so I had to pick the bishop.
> I want to go to the club but no body wash my kids.
> That women over there has a nice body, budweiser face so ugly?

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
A large percentage of all the problems directly resulting from drugs are solely because they're illegal. There has never been, to my knowledge, any proof legalization causes any kind of increase in drug use. The war on drugs has been a bigger failure, and hurt more people than Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Bosnia, and Iraq combined.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Alright, then let's just legalize them here and start making all of them stateside. (Although, let's be honest; the best coke would probably still come from Columbia.)
What do you mean? The only coke comes from colombia.

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I agree. But I doubt that will eradicate the cartels in Mexico. The only way to get rid of them is through violence, law enforcement does not work in Mexico. BTW, the best cocaine still comes from Columbia, it goes from Columbia to Mexico and is dispersed from there. AH, look up a guy named El Chopo Guzman, he's proof that imprisonment is a farce in that country.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
For photo ops. Other cartels just changed their practices. Which is good, but the real issue is still there. What legal justification does the government have to take away our human right to smoke herbs?

Psychopath

Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
For photo ops. Other cartels just changed their practices. Which is good, but the real issue is still there. What legal justification does the government have to take away our human right to smoke herbs?
You are thinking of the Search Block.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
The poor impoverished Bolivians are feeling left out. Remember the coke cafes somebody posted about awhile back? Fucking pure Bolivian marching powder for like $5 a gram?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
A large percentage of all the problems directly resulting from drugs are solely because they're illegal. There has never been, to my knowledge, any proof legalization causes any kind of increase in drug use. The war on drugs has been a bigger failure, and hurt more people than Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Bosnia, and Iraq combined.
I think legalization would probably cut down on underage drug use. Drugs are easier for kids to get because dealers are already operating outside the law, so don't care if they sell to kids. Tobacco and alcohol vendors risk too much by selling to kids, so they don't take the risk. If legitimate companies could legally sell marijuana to adults, it would reduce the falsely inflated profit margins, which would in turn remove most of the incentive for illegal growers to market it to kids. The legitimate companies wouldn't risk selling to kids because they would lose their licenses.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
I agree that drug prohibition is the main fundamental cause of criminal activity around the world, but Mexico is a little different. Sure, drug prohibition (globally, not necessarily in Mexico) is what's fueling criminal activity, but drugs are prohibited everywhere and yet Mexico is the only one with that level of mayhem.

On top of the drug problem, they also have a serious vacuum of authority problem. It is caused by a combination of corruption and civil rights protecting laws which limit Police powers. What they need is a simultaneous crackdown on corruption and less touchy-feely tactics.

Civil rights are wonderful, but only if there's a strong government in place to protect said civil rights. Limiting the government's powers in the name of civil rights, while the cartels are imposing a rule of terror over society (to the point where bloggers are executed for speech), is silly. Not only are you not getting any civil rights, you're not even getting a dictatorship that keeps things relatively safe.

They should create these special units, give them the powers a military has during martial law or a military occupation, and let them loose on both gangs and corrupt local cops and politicians alike. There's a civil war going on, and the government should act like it, stop pretending that they're in control and just policing crime. Then, when relative order is restored, start limiting their power again.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Mexico needs a formal declaration of war and a proper balls-out military campaign against the cartels. At this point, it's no longer a police matter and it shouldn't be treated like one.

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Dont know how long its going to take to just stop with the war on drugs already, the waste of resources is tremendous. From a libertarian standpoint I personally think this should include all drugs, but lets just focus on weed for example. Weed literally has to be the cash crop for all levels of drug dealing. With decent weed being sold for $400-500 an ounce (certainly there is even better than this) and long haul commercial type weed selling for over $100 an ounce it is clearly the moneymaker for criminals. Of all drugs it is the most accepted of of the recreational drugs and would be the easiest for users to produce themselves. You can practically grow it on accident let alone make a half-assed attempted at trying to grow it properly.

Just think how many thugs, foreign and domestic that would put out of business instantly, why would anybody every pay more than a few bucks per POUND if it were legal. We would have to tread lightly on the concept of trying to capitalize or tax weed like Ron Paul types would want to do. As long as the tax isnt large enough for users to still go out of their way to obtain it illegally. Then you figure out what the best way to go about legalizing the other drugs and go about making them safer, but cut off the money supply that weed is for the criminals.

Then with the freed up resources of our police departments maybe we can start having a few cops go in and check out those neighborhoods from those videos last week with guys popping of shots in the air. How many of those thugs will have their revenue stream pulled out from under them if they dont have drugs for sale. Then we can pull out the countless users that are in prison and start giving them treatment for these more serious drugs that ruin peopls life like crack/meth/heroin etc...

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I think legalization would probably cut down on underage drug use. Drugs are easier for kids to get because dealers are already operating outside the law, so don't care if they sell to kids. Tobacco and alcohol vendors risk too much by selling to kids, so they don't take the risk. If legitimate companies could legally sell marijuana to adults, it would reduce the falsely inflated profit margins, which would in turn remove most of the incentive for illegal growers to market it to kids. The legitimate companies wouldn't risk selling to kids because they would lose their licenses.
Ron Paul said in an interview the weed is easier for kids to get than beer because beer is regulated. I agree.