Email from XM Radio - Dec. 19,2007

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
I got the DC's reading that. I guess sales are lower than expected.

Hey Pest,

As we told you a few weeks ago, the XM empire is letting us give away XM radios as a token of its appreciation to all O&A fans who currently subscribe to XM.

Listen, Professor. We weren't joking then and we're not joking now. Try following us: XM has a limited stock of Sportscaster radios and is just waiting to give them away to our XM-subscribing fans. Period. By adding an additional radio to your account, you'll have an even greater opportunity to listen to us wherever you are.

All you have to do is go to http://links.mkt476.com/ctt?kn=2&m=1248488&r=OTY5NzU2NDgxMgS2&b=2&j=NDA0NTk2ODMS1&mt=1 to redeem this gift and add your new radio's discounted $6.99/month subscription to your XM account. Before you visit the exclusive O&A offer site, have your current Radio ID handy - you can find it by tuning to Channel 0 on your XM radio.

Last minute shopper and out of gift ideas? Can't say we're all that surprised. Give the radio to a friend for the holidays and let him or her experience yours truly. Order by 2PM EST 12/21 via overnight shipping and receive it in time for Christmas.

And scene.
Op & Ant

Still can't figure out this one-step process? Email us at virusoffer@xmradio.com and we'll have one of our interns get back to you. You made their lives hell last time. Keep up the good work.

Nonrefundable prepayment of three (3) months of service required, and service will renew on quarterly payment terms after initial three (3) months. Subject to $100.00 early cancellation fee if twelve (12) months of continuous service is not maintained. You must be authorized to redeem this offer. Exclusive offer cannot be combined with other offers, expires 12/31/07, and is only valid in the 48 contiguous United States while supplies last. Other fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States. Family Plan subscription rate of $6.99/month/radio applies to the 2nd through 5th radios on any existing account. Rather not receive exclusive offers like this if the future? Please visit http://links.mkt476.com/ctt?kn=1&m=1248488&r=OTY5NzU2NDgxMgS2&b=2&j=NDA0NTk2ODMS1&mt=1 to unsubscribe.

SickSean

i got one to give as an xmas gift, hoping to spread the virus

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
I deleted the mail .... I'm not even sure if I'm keeping the 3 subs I already have

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
I have three subs.
I convinced my brother to switch his 2 Sirius subs to XM last Christmas.
I came back after the suspension.
I've done all I can, I can'ts do no more.
Just don't touch 202. It's all I pay for.
I don't have a great radio (3 XT's), but the one in the e-mail they sent didn't look all that nice.

Freese

Ramone and Frunkis-Since '83
No, it's not a repost. This email was sent Dec 19 and it is the second email sent about this offer.

You sir, are a douche.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
What a cocky advertisment email.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
There are many things I hate about this e-mail, but here are the big 3:

1 - It comes off as if O&A are offering a deal that is any different than the heavily advertised standard free piece of shit outdated radio offer that both XM and Sirius are offering to anyone and everyone.
2 - I counted several attempts at sarcasm and/or humor in that atrocity, all of which fell completely flat or made no sense. I don't mind the bombs, but at least acknowledge that this is a humorless pitch from an otherwise funny show.
3 - Many O&A fans have spent the better part of 2007 complaining that they were deceived by XM in their marketing of the Virus as an uncensored channel. To make up for that deception, they cooked up a phony email that O&A obviously didn't write. I suspect they probably didn't even READ it before it went out. Well, at least XM is being more honest with the fans now.

I think the inno for $119.99 I have on backorder from Best Buy is a much better deal.

not a fan of the sportscaster.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Listen, Professor. We weren't joking then and we're not joking now.:arrrh:

I read it all in normal voice,,,but got to this part and became a speed reader for some reason

Nonrefundable prepayment of three (3) months of service required, and service will renew on quarterly payment terms after initial three (3) months. Subject to $100.00 early cancellation fee if twelve (12) months of continuous service is not maintained. You must be authorized to redeem this offer. Exclusive offer cannot be combined with other offers, expires 12/31/07, and is only valid in the 48 contiguous United States while supplies last. Other fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States. Family Plan subscription rate of $6.99/month/radio applies to the 2nd through 5th radios on any existing account. Rather not receive exclusive offers like this if the future? Please visit http://links.mkt476.com/ctt?kn=1&m=1...NTk2ODMS1&mt=1 to unsubscribe.

Anyone care to guess what I got for christmas?

If you answered 3 infraction points please help yourself to a prize on the way out.

Yeah, I figured it was almost free since I had $115 in Best Buy gift cards between my staff at work and a friend. I got one of the gift cards the last night that the inno was going to be on sale at that price, so I went ahead and ordered it. I had to backorder it because the store down the road from me was sold out, but even with tax and shipping it's only going to cost me about $16 or so of my money. My girlfriend's going to test out my SkyFi to see if she likes XM enough to keep it and I'll just add her to my account.

I want an Inno, but first am waiting to see what happens with the merger before I buy one

yeah well, as soon as they're allowed to have chicks fucking in the studio I'll consider coming back.

As long as the show's censored, XM can go screw.

Top Bottom