Embarrassing, I shoulda been listening to...

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Bands I only recently started listening to,even though I listen to similar stuff and even knew who they were. I suck.
Agnostic Front
Bad Brains
Iggy Pop
Dead Kennedys
Tiger Army
Gojira
Dead Milkmen
Angry Samoans
Pixies
Social Distortion

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Any band that had Ray Beez in it was quality.

Also, I'm probably the biggest mark ever for anything Mike Ness.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
staten
yea everything on that list EXCEPT DK... ugggggggg Fuck them

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I coulda been enjoying some of that in fucking high school! Missed the boat again...

Heroin_Bob

The Avatar has returned.
Jan 11, 2006
Sometimes it just works out that we begin listening to good bands much later in life. Many times you just didn't have friends or other outlets that could've helped expose this music when it was new. The internet has been such a blessing these past 7-8 years, I'd probably be a faithful listener of K-rock without it.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
It's My Birthday!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Bands I only recently started listening to,even though I listen to similar stuff and even knew who they were. I suck.
Agnostic Front
Bad Brains
Iggy Pop
Dead Kennedys
Tiger Army
Gojira
Dead Milkmen
Angry Samoans
Pixies
Social Distortion
Any band that had Ray Beez in it was quality.

Also, I'm probably the biggest mark ever for anything Mike Ness.
Rock on! I didn't know wackbag had any Social D fans. They're tops on my list for rediscovery stuff. I taught myself guitar by learning to play everything on their Mommy's Little Monster CD. Still haven't been able to figure out that wicked instrumental part in Moral Threat though!

I've also delved more into the works of Stevie Ray Vaughn and Hendrix too.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I was such an ass in high school. I lterally listened to nothing but Zeppelin, Clapton, Hendrix, and Van Halen (and sometimes GnR). Obviously, those are all great, but I wouldn't even consider anything else and really only VH was still releasing new stuff at the time. I finally got into Pearl Jam the summer after I graduated and became a huge fan of theirs, then got into more and more artists after that. It wasn't like I'd never heard Pearl Jam before, I just didn't give them a shot until I heard "I Got Shit" on the radio and went and listened to my brother's copy of their first 3 albums.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I do have an excuse. I live in Kansas. Before the internet,I had no real way of discovering new stuff.I will not waste money buying something I've never heard.