Emmy nominations

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
2007 Emmy nominations

Drama series
“Boston Legal,” ABC; “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; “Heroes,” NBC; “House,” Fox; “The Sopranos,” HBO.

Comedy series
“Entourage,” HBO; “The Office,” NBC; “30 Rock, NBC; “Two and a Half Men,” CBS; “Ugly Betty,” ABC.

Actor, Drama Series
James Spader, “Boston Legal,” ABC; Hugh Laurie, “House,” Fox; Denis Leary, “Rescue Me,” FX; James Gandolfini, “The Sopranos,” HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, “24,” Fox.

Actress, Drama Series
Sally Field, “Brothers & Sisters,” ABC; Kyra Sedgwick, “The Closer,” TNT; Mariska Hargitay, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” NBC; Patricia Arquette, “Medium,” NBC; Minnie Driver, “The Riches,” FX; “Edie Falco, “The Sopranos,” HBO.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series
William Shatner, “Boston Legal,” ABC; T.R. Knight, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Masi Oka, “Heroes,” NBC; Michael Emerson, “Lost,” ABC; Terry O’Quinn, “Lost,” ABC; Michael Imperioli, “The Sopranos,” HBO.

Supporting Actress, Drama Series
Rachel Griffiths, “Brothers & Sisters,” ABC; Katherine Heigl, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Chandra Wilson, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Sandra Oh, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Aida Turturro, “The Sopranos,” HBO; Lorraine Bracco, “The Sopranos,” HBO.

Actor, Comedy Series
Tony Shalhoub, “Monk,” USA; Steve Carell, “The Office,” NBC; Alec Baldwin, “30 Rock,” NBC; Charlie Sheen, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS.

Actress, Comedy Series
Felicity Huffman, “Desperate Housewives,” ABC; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “The New Adventures of Old Christine,” CBS; Tiny Fey, “30 Rock,” NBC; America Ferrera, “Ugly Betty,” ABC; Mary-Louise Parker, “Weeds,” Showtime.

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series
Kevin Dillon, “Entourage,” HBO; Jeremy Piven, “Entourage,” HBO; Neil Patrick Harris, “How I Met Your Mother,” CBS; Rainn Wilson, “The Office,” CBS; Jon Cryer, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS.

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series
Jaime Pressly, “My Name Is Earl,” NBC; Jenna Fischer, “The Office,” NBC; Holland Taylor, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS; Conchata Ferrell, “Two and a Half Men,” CBS; Vanessa Williams, “Ugly Betty,” ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, “Weeds,” Showtime.

Miniseries
“Broken Trail,” AMC; “Prime Suspect: The Final Act (Masterpiece Theatre), PBS; “The Starter Wife,” USA.
Made-for-TV movie
“Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; “Inside the Twin Towers,” Discovery Channel; Longford,” HBO; “The Ron Clark Story,” TNT; “Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy,” Lifetime.

Reality Series -- Competition
“The Amazing Race,” CBS; “American Idol,” Fox; “Dancing With the Stars,” ABC; “Project Runway,” Bravo; “Top Chef,” Bravo.

Outstanding Reality Program
“Antiques Roadshow,” PBS; “Dog Whisperer With Cesar Millan,” National Geographic; “Extreme Makeover Home Edition,” ABC; “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List,” Bravo; “Penn & Teller: Bull----!” Showtime.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series
“The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; “Late Night With Conan O’Brien,” NBC; “Late Show With David Letterman,” CBS; “Real Time With Bill Maher,” HBO.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series Performer
Ellen DeGeneres, “79th Annual Academy Awards,” ABC; Stephen Colbert, “The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; Jon Stewart, “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; David Letterman, “Late Show With David Letterman,” CBS; Tony Bennett, “Tony Bennett: An American Classic,” NBC.

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Special
“The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner,” Comedy Central; “The Kennedy Center Honors: A National Celebration of the Performing Arts,” CBS; “Lewis Black: Red, White & Screwed,” HBO; “Tony Bennett: An American Classic,” NBC; “A Tribute to James Taylor (Great Performances),” PBS; “Wanda Sykes: Sick and Tired,” HBO.

Actor, Miniseries or a Movie
Robert Duvall, “Broken Trail,” AMC; Tom Selleck, “Jesse Stone: Sea Change,” CBS; Jim Broadbent, “Longford,” HBO; “William H. Macy, “Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King Umney’s Last Case,” TNT; Matthew Perry, “The Ron Clark Story,” TNT.

Actress, Miniseries or a Movie
Queen Latifah, “Life Support,” HBO; Helen Mirren, “Prime Suspect: The Final Act (Masterpiece Theatre),” PBS; Mary-Louise Parker, “The Robber Bride,” Oxygen; Debra Messing, “The Starter Wife,” USA; Gena Rowlands, “What if God Were the Sun,” Lifetime.

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or a Movie
Thomas Haden Church, “Broken Trail,” AMC; August Schellenberg, “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; “Aidan Quinn, “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; Edward Asner, “The Christmas Card,” Hallmark; Joe Mantegna, “The Starter Wife,” USA.

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or a Movie
Greta Scacchi, “Broken Trail,” AMC; Anna Paquin, “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; Samantha Morton, “Longford,” HBO; Judy Davis, “The Starter Wife,” USA; Toni Collette, “Tsunami, The Aftermath,” HBO.

Outstanding Guest Actor, Drama Series
Christian Clemenson, “Boston Legal,” ABC; Forest Whitaker, “ER,” NBC; David Morse, “House,” Fox; Tim Daly, “The Sopranos,” HBO; John Goodman, “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,” NBC; Eli Wallach, “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,” NBC.

Outstanding Guest Actress, Drama Series
Kate Burton, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Elizabeth Reaser, “Grey’s Anatomy,” ABC; Marcia Gay Harden, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” NBC; Leslie Caron, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” NBC; Jean Smart, “24,” Fox.

Outstanding Guest Actor, Comedy Series
Martin Landau, “Entourage,” HBO; Ian McKellen, “Extras,” HBO; Stanley Tucci, “Monk,” USA; Giovanni Ribisi, “My Name Is Earl,” NBC; Beau Bridges, “My Name Is Earl,” NBC.

Outstanding Guest Actress, Comedy Series
Dixie Carter, “Desperate Housewives,” ABC; Laurie Metcalf, “Desperate Housewives,” ABC; Elaine Stritch, “30 Rock,” NBC; Judith Light, “Ugly Betty,” ABC; Salma Hayek, “Ugly Betty,” ABC.

Outstanding Directing, Comedy Series
“Entourage: One Day in the Valley,” HBO; “Extras: Orlando Bloom,” HBO; “The Office: Gay Witch Hunt,” NBC; “Scrubs: My Musical,” NBC; “30 Rock: The Breakup,” NBC; “Ugly Betty: Pilot,” ABC.

Outstanding Directing, Drama Series
“Battlestar Galactica: Exodus, Part 2,” Sci-Fi Channel; “Boston Legal: Son of the Defender,” ABC; “Friday Night Lights: Pilot,” NBC; “Heroes: Genesis,” NBC; “Lost: Through the Looking Glass,” ABC; “The Sopranos: Kennedy and Heidi,” HBO; “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: Pilot,” NBC.

Outstanding Directing, Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special
“Broken Trail: Part 1 & Part 2,” AMC; “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; “Jane Eyre (Masterpiece Theatre),” PBS; “Prime Suspect: The Final Act (Masterpiece Theatre),” PBS; “Tsunami, The Aftermath: Part 1 & Part 2,” HBO.

Outstanding Directing, Variety, Music Or Comedy Program
“American Idol: The Finale,” Fox; “The Colbert Report: Show 2161,” Comedy Central; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart: Show 12061,” Comedy Central; “Saturday Night Live: Host: Alec Baldwin,” NBC; “Tony Bennett: An American Classic,” NBC.

Outstanding Writing, Comedy Series
“Extras: Daniel Radcliffe,” HBO; “The Office: Gay Witch Hunt,” NBC; “The Office: The Negotiation,” NBC; “30 Rock: Tracy Does Conan,” NBC; “30 Rock: “Jack-Tor,” NBC.

Outstanding Writing, Drama Series
“Battlestar Galactica: Occupation/Precipice,” Sci Fi Channel; “Lost: Through the Looking Glass,” ABC; “The Sopranos: Kennedy and Heidi,” HBO; “The Sopranos: The Second Coming,” HBO; “The Sopranos: Made in America,” HBO.

Outstanding Writing, Miniseries or a Movie
“Broken Trail,” AMC; “Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,” HBO; “Jane Eyre: Parts 1 & 2,” PBS; “Prime Suspect: The Final Act,” PBS; “The Starter Wife,” USA.

Outstanding Writing, Variety, Music Or Comedy Program
“The Colbert Report,” Comedy Central; “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart,” Comedy Central; Late Night With Conan O’Brien,” NBC; “Late Show With David Letterman,” CBS; “Real Time With Bill Maher,” HBO.

Sopranos gets 15 nominations. That's impressive, but perhaps a bit excessive.

MikeHimself

Thoughts and Prayers
niiice johnny drama got a nomination. definitely my favorite character on entourage

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
I am happy with the love for 30 Rock and Dillon getting nominated for supporting actor in Entourage. But am pissed that they show no love to Dexter (best series this season and Michael C. Hall easily gave the best performance this season), no love to The Shield and no love to The Wire. And I thought Sopranos, though it is the favorite, was very disappointing this season. It projected the air of distinguishment far more than its quality deserved. A good final five minutes does not a great season make.

I'm also glad for Landau's guest actor.

My brother works in post-production for that show. I think they pretty much expect it at this point.
I cant remember specifics but I think david simon has said as much since the first season came out. Id be glad if they never acknowledge it after its 5th and final season, but this season is most surprising, given the critical praise it got.

earlier in the week I read some article somewhere saying despite the wire getting the best reviews maybe ever, it still wont get any attention from the emmies

Simby19

Yeah I think they basically find comfort with the critical acclaim since they know awards aren't happening at this point. It would be strange to start at season 5, I would think. I never got into the show until my brother actually loaned me the DVDs. Really a great show that deserves more than it gets.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
I am happy with the love for 30 Rock and Dillon getting nominated for supporting actor in Entourage. But am pissed that they show no love to Dexter (best series this season and Michael C. Hall easily gave the best performance this season), no love to The Shield and no love to The Wire. And I thought Sopranos, though it is the favorite, was very disappointing this season. It projected the air of distinguishment far more than its quality deserved. A good final five minutes does not a great season make.

I'm also glad for Landau's guest actor.
QFT as far as Dexter and The Shield

Simby19

Anyone watching the Emmy's tonight? I have less interest each year, but I might check it out.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
My remote is sitting right next to me and I can't even muster the strength to pretend to care enough to put it on.

I've never watched it, but what from my co-worker says about Boston Legal, it sounds retarded. How this shit got nominated over The Wire is beyond me. Plus they shunned both Tony and Carmella in acting categories.

How this shit got nominated over The Wire is beyond me.
cause they dont get it, it doesnt relate to them. too many black people, about issues that dont affect them.

its much easier to support the dogshit that produced in LA, than real shit produced in Baltimore that might make them actually have to think about the fact that they arent nearly as enlightened and cultured theyd like to believe

Hollywood truly likes to believe theyve got it all figured out- all of these racial and cultural issues. and that town and industry can be so condescending about it. and the wire is a language theyve never seen and they know it. its a rude awakening and its much easier to just ignore it and move right along