Emperor Bloomberg’s bureaucracy gone mad

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hamill-emperor-bloomberg-bureaucracy-mad-article-1.1205428

Bobby Eustace, a firefighter out of Ladder 27 in the Bronx, has been serving free hot food to the homeless and displaced and to relief workers and volunteers in Breezy Point, Queens, since two days after the hurricane hit.
On Sunday, Eustace and dozens of fellow firefighter volunteers served 800 free hot meals from a steamy Army tent in this hemorrhaging beach community, where there are no longer stores or restaurants, where most people have no gas to cook with, no heat or hot water and no hot food.
That afternoon, a freon-blooded inspector from the city’s Department of Health issued Eustace a notice of violation for not meeting the same food-handling standards as, say, the Four Seasons.
This is beyond outrageous.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Fuck em. They elected him repeatedly, they can live with him.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Kinda... but if say his hold temps aren't up to par he could sicken those 800 people... I would be interested what he was actually sited for though.

Like no hand wash station... etc....

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Voted against Bloomberg was always an option. New Yorkers could make this stop anytime they want.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Those libs love their regulations. Its all for safety of course. Without government regulations we would all have aids and no arms.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Those libs love their regulations. Its all for safety of course. Without government regulations we would all have aids and no arms.
So now you think the Department of Health has an agenda?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
So now you think the Department of Health has an agenda?
I always wanted to get trichinosis from meat that's been sitting out for weeks. Kirk should have his testicles smashed with a hammer so he cant pass on his stupidity.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I always wanted to get trichinosis from meat that's been sitting out for weeks. Kirk should have his testicles smashed with a hammer so he cant pass on his stupidity.
This is the kind of person who is too stupid to make his own decisions and needs government to tell him what he should eat.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
This is the kind of person who is too stupid to make his own decisions and needs government to tell him what he should eat.
You dont really grasp the facts regarding this story, do you?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Trichinosis is from trichina worm larvae living in the meat of hogs or bear. Cooking kills it. Sitting out for weeks has nothing to do with it.

As for your second point, I couldn't agree more.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The Department of Health inspector should have helped them to be in compliance. Maybe offered to show them the proper set up that wouldn't give anyone the shits.

Guess I'm asking too much from a Shitty worker.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
The Department of Health inspector should have helped them to be in compliance. Maybe offered to show them the proper set up that wouldn't give anyone the shits.

Guess I'm asking too much from a Shitty worker.
Yep... that is what my chick would do when she was a health inspector... well unless you are a dick... then the red pen came out.

Typically a restaurant might have like a few pages in their file like fix a cracked tile... clean a grease trap nothing major... this one Chinese place had a file about an inch thick... violations included using a piece of plywood as a cutting board... moping the floor then wiping down the counters with the same mop oh did I mention said mop was stored beside a toilet... etc... etc... etc...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The Chinese take out places are either clean, or disgusting. No in between for those slants.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
The Chinese take out places are either clean, or disgusting. No in between for those slants.
Same with the Indian food places... the cleanest place (even though they had 50 year old equipment) was this butcher that was run by a Kraut.

Like I said she would try to work with the owner and shit to keep them in compliance... like this sandwich place she asked the guy how often did he break down his slicer. He goes once a week. So she had him break it down and show him the goodness that falls in behind the cutter etc. Oddly he started breaking it down every day.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Oh added bonus... this guy owned like 6 other restaurants in the Bawferston area... in different towns of course.

Oh the one in her town is still open... and has 1.5 stars from Yelp... wonder why...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Oh added bonus... this guy owned like 6 other restaurants in the Bawferston area... in different towns of course.

Oh the one in her town is still open... and has 1.5 stars from Yelp... wonder why...

Is it located in one of those neighborhoods, and basically a fried chicken/french fries, behind two inches of bullet resistant glass joints?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Is it located in one of those neighborhoods, and basically a fried chicken/french fries, behind two inches of bullet resistant glass joints?
Nah none in "those" areas... ergo Roxbury etc... basically towns outside of Bawferston... well to prove there are actually non savage Chinese Restaurants... when she pulled an inspection in a large one in her town... the owners would be there... and get this actually listen to her... and correct accordingly. Sorry Kirk... for someone kowtowing to a person who has a degree in Public Health/Food Science... damn evil gubment trying to keep from people getting killed... what assholes.