End of October - November Games you are looking forward to/picking up thread

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
There are a lot of games coming out in the next couple weeks that I'm looking forward too and already reserved. So I thought I would start a thread and see what you guys are looking forward to and what you will be getting.

My List:

Wii:
Manhunt 2
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
--- I buy any Resident Evil game, even though it might not be the best

Xbox 360:
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2008
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men --- from what I read online and in Game Informer, this game could be a lot of fun. We could get a WB gang togther and rob some banks.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare --- Is suppose to be one of the games of the year
Assassin's Creed --- The more I see of this game the more I want to play it.
The Simpson's --- I'm a Simpsons fans and I am just buying it even though the only good Simpson's game ever was the Arcade Game..

I know a few of these are on PS3 too, but whenever I have a choice between the two systems I buy for the 360. I just watched the trailers for MGS4 though and I can't wait for that game.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I'll definitely pick up Call of Duty 4, likely for the PS3. I'll also be picking up the original Halo (since I never had an Xbox, just got a 360, and want to start at the begining of the series) as it's super-cheap on Amazon. I know that's not a new game or anything but I want it.

I'll definitely be picking up Raw vs. Smackdown 2008. I'm torn about which platform to get it on, though. I would absolutely say the PS3, but the 360 version has a special feature which allows you to rip audio tracks onto your 360 HD and use them for your wrestlers (created or otherwise) entrance themes. Something as simple as that might just be enough to seal the deal and make me buy the 360 version. I always use up all (or close to it) of my CAW slots, and having my own personal, customizable entrance themes would be fucking phenomenal.

I'm also going to be picking up Fire Pro Returns for the PS3. It's actually a PS2 game, but I'll be using it on my PS3 - it's an American port of one of the games in the Japanese puro (i.e. wrestling) Fire Pro series. The graphics are a lot more primitive compared to SvR 08, but the gameplay is great, and the roster is astounding - over 300 wrestlers (mostly Japanese, but many notable Americans as well) are there as defaults, plus you have five hundred CAW slots, giving you a total possible roster of over eight HUNDRED wrestlers.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I'll definitely be picking up Raw vs. Smackdown 2008. I'm torn about which platform to get it on, though. I would absolutely say the PS3, but the 360 version has a special feature which allows you to rip audio tracks onto your 360 HD and use them for your wrestlers (created or otherwise) entrance themes. Something as simple as that might just be enough to seal the deal and make me buy the 360 version. I always use up all (or close to it) of my CAW slots, and having my own personal, customizable entrance themes would be fucking phenomenal.
Did they add that this year? because that would be great. I know I was expecting that last year and was a tad disappointed it wasn't. I have to look this up now..

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
CoD4 and Smackdown vs. Raw are no-brainers for me. I'll probably gamefly Kane & Lynch.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
SVR 2008 (360) and getting pumped for Rock Band (360)!

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
Assassins Creed

Mass Effect

Ratchet and Clank

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Rock Band, Super Mario Galaxy... all i need.

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars 2, RE:UC, Zack and Wiki, CoD4 and a shitload of DS games. Guitar Hero 3 is a maybe.

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Mar 15, 2005
Arlington, VA
Xbox 360 -

Assassin's Creed - November 13th
Army of Two - November 13th
Mass Effect - November 20th
Rock Band - November 20th

PC -

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat - November 5th
Crysis - November 13th

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
this has got to be the best quarter for games (pc at least) ever i think? so much cool shit to play.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare looks fantastic. Might buy.

Assassin's Creed is one I've waited for, for a while, but could shit the bed if it's a short game.

The Simpson's demo I played was kinda ghey, but worth a rental simply because of how great it looks. Rumor is the old arcade game is an unlockable, could be worth buying just to own one of my old favorite games.

Mass Effect is looks fantastic. I really want to buy, but debating if it's worth sinking time into a 40 hour, epic game. I don't know if I have the time for 40 hour games anymore. Last epic I played was FF12, and ZERO work got done. tee hee!

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
The Simpson's demo I played was kinda ghey, but worth a rental simply because of how great it looks. Rumor is the old arcade game is an unlockable, could be worth buying just to own one of my old favorite games.
That would be awesome...Like I said I am buying just because I am a fan and it looks alright...could be good for a laugh..

Oh and I just saw that Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action is being released on Nov. 6th and I will be picking this up as a goof and would be fun to play with some of my friends. Especially since I am unbeatable at Scene It.

Apr 11, 2005
New Jersey
damn took 6 posts to get mass effect...

cod4/mass effect/assassins creed for me

krunk

sackboy-licious
Aug 2, 2003
Delco, PA
uncharted
haze
time shift - I really hope this one doesn't suck i really love the concept of it

krunk

sackboy-licious
Aug 2, 2003
Delco, PA
I'm saying the same thing abuut Haze.
what should be cool about haze is how different the environments will look depending upon which side you're fighting on...the whole 'nectar' factor

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
Assasin's Creed. Ratchet & Clank. Haze. Uncharted.
uncharted really looks amazing, im probably most psyched about it because its such an unexpected title to be good, i hope it turns out well

KakTheInfected

Mar 10, 2005
Wow I almost forgot to mention Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Every Wii owner needs to buy it.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil-Umbrella Chronicles
Ghost squad
Medal of Honor Heroes2
Link's Crossbow