Enough of these people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I am sick to death of hearing about how Whinny Cooper feels. I could give a shit what Sheepy wont try or wont do. Frenchy calls in just to say she got vibrators... great, go use it. The list of useless people goes on.

I don't care about these people and their mundane lives. They can be interesting people, but 90% of the time they are not. The idea is that they are there to set R&F up for jokes and storylines, but don't make us suffer with some pointless story about what Mike (aka said last Friday. There's too much talk about people I don't know, so it's all meaningless gossip crap.

I don't mind a mention about how Mikeyboy is doing a great job or a quick mention that HTG is folding laundry. I'm talking about the same, approx. 10 names that come up every fucking day.

Are these people listeners or friends from high school?
BlowHard is right: it's a show, just be a listener of the show.

I know R&F run the show and everything that goes on the air is because they decide to put it on. And I don't want to become an asshole listener, but Ron; You're broadcasting to two countries, not a handful of people who live in NY or Jersey on Pal Talk.

Now it's time to take my beating. Am I alone on this? Or do you care what foods Sheepy has never tasted?

bermygoon

May 16, 2006
Agreed, if there was some funnies in there it would be fine but it is just a bunch of names to me. What can you do though, still a great show and well worth listening to this crap when you get to hear some of the gold that does happen on the show.

Take the good with the bad I guess.

'You're broadcasting to two countries, not a handful of people who live in NY or Jersey on Pal Talk.'

I listen in Bermuda and I am sure there are many other countries listening.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
I am sick to death of hearing about how Whinny Cooper feels. I could give a shit what Sheepy wont try or wont do. Frenchy calls in just to say she got vibrators... great, go use it. The list of useless people goes on.

I don't care about these people and their mundane lives. They can be interesting people, but 90% of the time they are not. The idea is that they are there to set R&F up for jokes and storylines, but don't make us suffer with some pointless story about what Mike (aka said last Friday. There's too much talk about people I don't know, so it's all meaningless gossip crap.

I don't mind a mention about how Mikeyboy is doing a great job or a quick mention that HTG is folding laundry. I'm talking about the same, approx. 10 names that come up every fucking day.

I know R&F run the show and everything that goes on the air is because they decide to put it on. And I don't want to become an asshole listener, but Ron; You're broadcasting to two countries, not a handful of people who live in NY or Jersey on Pal Talk.

Now it's time to take my beating. Am I alone on this? Or do you care what foods Sheepy has never tasted?

I agree Coke i have some of the same feelings but in the end i trust Ron to make it interesting and he usually does...

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I totally agree but I keep listening because I hope this is just a phase. Unfortunately I've been thinking that way for a long time.

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
Coke, your not alone. The interesting thing is there wasn't much of this on their short lived Free FM show. Seem like they are using these people as a crutch and just phoning in the XM show?

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Missed todays except for the last couple mins so no idea what transpired. The show makes alot of very inside references, some days more often then others. I had someone that never heard the show listen in on one of those days and I just flipped it because they had no clue what was going on. When it goes down that route I tune out a little, dont care whats going on with paltalk, etc. But still love the show overall.

paulisded

Dec 9, 2005
Then don't listen!!!

Oh wait, that's the line for anybody who criticizes anything O&A-related. :)

peopleselbow

YiChen BuddhaChrist
Jan 25, 2006
Chicago

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I could not agree more. I can add to your list. It brings the show down.

BTW, as a follow Chicagoan, have you been iistening to Garry Meier? Great radio.

Peace.

The Phoenix

Oh, figure it out already!
May 19, 2007
Hooray!!!!
I was wondering how long it would take before the bitchfest started with the R&F show. Congrats to Ron and Fez for going as long as they did before someone gave the ol' knife the stick and twist.

I wonder how long before the
"Ron and Fez dot com was great on WNEW, they suck now"
posts start.

Karmic Knight

From XmRadioGold
Apr 20, 2007
Then don't listen!!!

Oh wait, that's the line for anybody who criticizes anything O&A-related. :)
I was going to point this out, but I didn't feel I am important enough to make a sane statement.

Aside from the technical issues, the show was fine, my opinion.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
These fucking threads aren't good. Everyone needs to let them run their own show and quit with the fucking bitch fest. So they had one bad day, just move on and listen tomorrow. The show is by far the best show on radio today so let them do what they do. How the fuck does a message board go from being Ron's favorite to his most hated? By starting stupid threads like this. Everyone just shut your mouth. If they have a month of shitty shows then i can see starting this thread but come on. This was one day and to me it wasn't bad at all. The fucking Wicki rant was fucking hilarious.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.

Man, I don't even have an opinion. I love the show no matter what and so long as Ron and Fez doing what they want to do, I'm happy. That's what XM is all about.

I guess I kind of do have an opinion...

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
but Ron; You're broadcasting to two countries, not a handful of people who live in NY or Jersey on Pal Talk.[/b]

Yes he is and we like it like that.
Just my two cents from Jersey.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Have to agree with you CL...the parade of 'inside drama' just takes over some days...I see it as the show's crutch....they can always pull those lines in when maybe the other material isn't flowing

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
These fucking threads aren't good.
QFT

While I think Bitch Fest is over stating it a little, these threads do seem to act as negativity magnets regardless of the poster's original intentions.

Thank you,

Second window please.

Status
Not open for further replies.