Erik Logan now runs OWN?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
So Erik Logan got bumped up to President of OWN, that's great for him, what can be bad is it's doing so poorly Oprah just shit canned some lady who had worked with her for nearly 20 years and was an integral part of running the network. Oh and she got canned in a company wide email. Way to keep it classy Oprah! With OWNs continuing decline, who knows how long Logan will last.

Oprah Insider Lisa Erspamer Out At OWN

By NIKKI FINKE AND NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday January 25, 2012 @ 10:45pm PST

EXCLUSIVE: The revolving door at the struggling OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network continues without slowing, and even without warning or public announcement. This time it has claimed one of Winfrey’s closest and most trusted executives, Lisa Erspamer. We’ve learned that Erspamer, EVP of production and development for the underperforming cable network, was let go yesterday after an 18-year tenure with Winfrey. We hear that the news was delivered to Erspamer while Winfrey was out of the country. She has been in India to interview Deepak Chopra for her new show Oprah’s Next Chapter. We hear Erspamer didn’t even receive the news from Oprah personally. No public statement was made. Instead an internal ”Assistant to the Office of the President” email was sent around only to staff: one of those impersonal “we wish her well” announcements. “Lisa was shocked,” a source tells us. “She’d been in Oprah’s inner circle. She went on cruises and vacations with Winfrey. She’d worked for her for almost 20 years. Oprah had transitioned her to OWN personally.”

When Oprah first brought her longtime producer Erspamer to OWN, Winfrey praised her as a “creative superstar”. Now we hear that Erspamer, who had been in charge of programming, is taking the fall for the network’s rough first year on the air. That includes the tanking Rosie O’Donnell daily talk show which Erspamer most recently was in charge of trying to fix. But it had been Oprah’s idea to bring Rosie to the OWN network “so why isn’t Oprah blaming herself for the show’s .3 rating?” one source complains to us. ”It’s a disaster.” The network just shook up the Rosie Show by replacing original executive producer Page Hurwitz with Shane Farley and overhauling the show’s set after less than 3 months of use. The Rosie Show got off to a decent ratings start with 500,000 viewers tuning in to its October debut. But quickly lost a large chunk of its audience and now averages only about 200,000 viewers.

Erspamer first joined Winfrey’s Harpo Prods. in 1994 and rose through the ranks to co-executive producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show. That’s where she was in charge of the highest-profile episodes, including the two-part Whitney Houston interview and the big Pontiac giveaway. Erspamer was summoned to OWN in January 2010, following the first major shakeup at the Harpo/Discovery Communications venture that saw the exit of president Robin Schwartz and the appointment as CEO of Christina Norman who exited later on. Erspamer’s move was somewhat surprising since she had no TV series or network experience. “Lisa has been a creative superstar,” Winfrey said at the time. “She’s brought fire and force to many of the incredible shows we’ve done over the years. I value her passion and sensibilities and trust her instincts and judgment. I know she’ll be a great fit with the OWN team.”

Erspamer’s title changed last July when Winfrey, originally chairman of OWN, also named herself CEO and chief creative officer in the wake of Norman’s exit, while Harpo Studios presidents Erik Logan and Sheri Salata became OWN presidents. In light of that, Erspamer’s position was changed from chief creative officer to EVP of production and development.

OWN has soaked up some $300 million in investment funds by Discovery Communications but has largely failed to outperform the Discovery Health network it replaced. Heavily promoted entries like Mark Burnett’s reality series Your OWN Show, Oprah Presents Master Class, and Rosie have disappointed. The network’s best ratings news in almost a year came at the beginning of January when Winfrey’s new series, Oprah’s Next Chapter, posted all-time highs in its first 2 airings. But it, too, has since dropped significantly.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Guess it's time for Boozey Logan to return. He's going to start making Stoned Dice calls to O+A in the 6:00 hour.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I hope he's enjoying that new LA house he got.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Is OWN an add on channel to most cable services, or is it included in the basic package?

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Apr 26, 2006
Philly Burbs
I wonder if E-Lo had to let Oprah bang him with a strap-on for the job.

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
I wish I had that channel. It's a bit of a rip-off. Oprah doesn't even do her show anymore. All she does is random 2 hours interview.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
There's two things that they have to do to fix that channel:

1) She has to go back to doing a daily show and use it to shill the programs that are on the other 23 hours of the day.
2) She needs to buy her back catalog of shows and use them to fill the schedule.

If there's anyone in charge over there that isn't telling her those two simple things on a daily basis they deserve to be fired. It's preposterous to think anyone would have any interest in an Oprah Winfrey Network that has no Oprah Winfrey on it.

The funny part is that E-Lo dug his own grave, because she got that idea from the asinine contract E-Lo handed her for XM. The only thing is, there's no ratings for Satellite Radio - so there's no way to measure how big of a failure it is. E-Lo didn't care that he helped sink XM with that deal, he got her that deal and then jumped ship to her company. Karma's a bitch, E-Lo.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I've always hated Oprah so watching the S.S. Harpo go down pleases me greatly.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York

1) She has to go back to doing a daily show and use it to shill the programs that are on the other 23 hours of the day.
2) She needs to buy her back catalog of shows and use them to fill the schedule.
and 3) Her channel should have picked up those two soaps that got shitcanned back when the cast and crew was still intact. That's an automatic built in audience that's been watching that crap for decades. Old people buy shit, too.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ

If there's anyone in charge over there that isn't telling her those two simple things on a daily basis they deserve to be fired. It's preposterous to think anyone would have any interest in an Oprah Winfrey Network that has no Oprah Winfrey on it.

The funny part is that E-Lo dug his own grave, because she got that idea from the asinine contract E-Lo handed her for XM. The only thing is, there's no ratings for Satellite Radio - so there's no way to measure how big of a failure it is. E-Lo didn't care that he helped sink XM with that deal, he got her that deal and then jumped ship to her company. Karma's a bitch, E-Lo.
and 3) Her channel should have picked up those two soaps that got shitcanned back when the cast and crew was still intact. That's an automatic built in audience that's been watching that crap for decades. Old people buy shit, too.
All three of these...it amazes me how much she dropped the ball on this. I thought she was just moving her show over to the new network, not slapping her name on it and showing up occasionally. I have no idea if i even have the channel, never hear anything about it. I didn't even know that slob rosie had a new show.

If Oprah was going to start a network she should have kept her show going, and built shows based on what she knows. like that stupid book club, make an interactive show where people could discuss the books. Or do a QVC-like hour for her 'favorite things', housewives ate that shit up. I remember last x-mas my wife asked me for some stupid thing Oprah had as one her favorite gifts...2-3 days after the show aired i tried to buy it and the fucking thing was sold out and backordered on EVERY site i went to. This network should be a goldmine

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
The funny part is that E-Lo dug his own grave,...

Karma's a bitch, E-Lo.
When the whole thing comes crashing down, he should aim for the enormous pile of money he made from her.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
When the whole thing comes crashing down, he should aim for the enormous pile of money he made from her.
E-lo should convert to Judaism and comeback to SiriusXM as the O&A channel babysitter.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
E-lo should convert to Judaism and comeback to SiriusXM as the O&A channel babysitter.
Like a nice hobby. Give him one of those sound clip machines again and let him play all day.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Only in show business and government is one able to fail upwards.

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
O&A on OWN! That's where they're going to end up when they don't renew their contract this fall!

Why not?