OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Erik Logan now runs OWN?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by thekidslepthere, Jan 26, 2012.

1. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

So Erik Logan got bumped up to President of OWN, that's great for him, what can be bad is it's doing so poorly Oprah just shit canned some lady who had worked with her for nearly 20 years and was an integral part of running the network. Oh and she got canned in a company wide email. Way to keep it classy Oprah! With OWNs continuing decline, who knows how long Logan will last.

2. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Guess it's time for Boozey Logan to return. He's going to start making Stoned Dice calls to O+A in the 6:00 hour.

3. thekidslepthere

thekidslepthere Registered User

I hope he's enjoying that new LA house he got.

4. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Is OWN an add on channel to most cable services, or is it included in the basic package?

5. Badfinger

Badfinger I shot the sheriff

I wonder if E-Lo had to let Oprah bang him with a strap-on for the job.

6. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

I wish I had that channel. It's a bit of a rip-off. Oprah doesn't even do her show anymore. All she does is random 2 hours interview.

7. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

There's two things that they have to do to fix that channel:

1) She has to go back to doing a daily show and use it to shill the programs that are on the other 23 hours of the day.
    2) She needs to buy her back catalog of shows and use them to fill the schedule.

If there's anyone in charge over there that isn't telling her those two simple things on a daily basis they deserve to be fired. It's preposterous to think anyone would have any interest in an Oprah Winfrey Network that has no Oprah Winfrey on it.

The funny part is that E-Lo dug his own grave, because she got that idea from the asinine contract E-Lo handed her for XM. The only thing is, there's no ratings for Satellite Radio - so there's no way to measure how big of a failure it is. E-Lo didn't care that he helped sink XM with that deal, he got her that deal and then jumped ship to her company. Karma's a bitch, E-Lo.

8. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

I've always hated Oprah so watching the S.S. Harpo go down pleases me greatly.

9. Hog's Big Ben

Hog's Big Ben Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
    Donator

and 3) Her channel should have picked up those two soaps that got shitcanned back when the cast and crew was still intact. That's an automatic built in audience that's been watching that crap for decades. Old people buy shit, too.

10. flyerfan116

flyerfan116 Fuckin savages

All three of these...it amazes me how much she dropped the ball on this. I thought she was just moving her show over to the new network, not slapping her name on it and showing up occasionally. I have no idea if i even have the channel, never hear anything about it. I didn't even know that slob rosie had a new show.

If Oprah was going to start a network she should have kept her show going, and built shows based on what she knows. like that stupid book club, make an interactive show where people could discuss the books. Or do a QVC-like hour for her 'favorite things', housewives ate that shit up. I remember last x-mas my wife asked me for some stupid thing Oprah had as one her favorite gifts...2-3 days after the show aired i tried to buy it and the fucking thing was sold out and backordered on EVERY site i went to. This network should be a goldmine

11. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

When the whole thing comes crashing down, he should aim for the enormous pile of money he made from her.

12. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

E-lo should convert to Judaism and comeback to SiriusXM as the O&A channel babysitter.

13. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

Like a nice hobby. Give him one of those sound clip machines again and let him play all day.

14. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Good luck, bro!

15. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Only in show business and government is one able to fail upwards.

16. SuperGolfer

SuperGolfer I got it from a negro

O&A on OWN! That's where they're going to end up when they don't renew their contract this fall!

Why not?